Chicago area

Rebeccaatthewell
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Rebeccaatthewell »

Hey There,

My trip to Chicago was AWESOME!!! I had a GREAT time, and I actually thought about moving up there, however; I am not sure the bike would come with me... you guys don't seem to have driving laws, more like driving suggestions LOL!!! Of course the subburbs looked a bit less scary than down town :D

Becca
The only time when evil can triamph, is when good men do nothing!

zarakand
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#12 Unread post by zarakand »

So I haven't had much luck with the Chicago riders the last two years. They say third times the charm!

So for the third year :roll: any Chicago riders?
Honda Shadow Aero
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10329/]Chicago Bike Blog[/url]

jjhotrods
Regular
Regular

#13 Unread post by jjhotrods »

So we finally got a few illinois riders posting good. Last time I posted no one ever responded I think. Well I live up north in the rockford area near the wisconsin border. But I'd be to meet up for a ride. Although I would need advanced notice.

And your right about downtown. People are just crazy behind the wheel. You would probably be safer standing in the path of a tornado lol.

zarakand
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#14 Unread post by zarakand »

jjhotrods wrote:So we finally got a few illinois riders posting good. Last time I posted no one ever responded I think. Well I live up north in the rockford area near the wisconsin border. But I'd be to meet up for a ride. Although I would need advanced notice.

And your right about downtown. People are just crazy behind the wheel. You would probably be safer standing in the path of a tornado lol.
LoL, I actually feel very safe and comfortable riding around downtown. Everything moves in nice little predictable patterns. It's out in the boonies that scares me, I don't know what the cars are going to do!

Rockford's not that far out, I like to head out to the Geneva area from time to time for riding, maybe we can hook up one of those rides.
Honda Shadow Aero
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10329/]Chicago Bike Blog[/url]

jjhotrods
Regular
Regular

#15 Unread post by jjhotrods »

Ya I would welcome the company zarak. I have taken a ride up to the geneva area once and it was very pleasant. As far as city traffic, tight traffic no protection and a whole lot of pavement = :oops: :frusty:

As far as when would be a good time the weekend would probably work best. Actually if you get off of 90 West at the Genoa\belvidere road exit there is a pancake house we could meet at just up the road.

In any event have a good ride.

jjhotrods
Regular
Regular

#16 Unread post by jjhotrods »

So zarakand do you think we'll finally get a full day of dry time soon? Really is putting a serious killjoy in my riding plans.

zarakand
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#17 Unread post by zarakand »

I'm with you. I've only been out once in the last week. Wanna join me in doing the no-rain dance? :kicking: :pbjt: :spot:
Honda Shadow Aero

jjhotrods
Regular
Regular

#18 Unread post by jjhotrods »

No I think I'll skip if I start dancing probably cause more rain. You know there is always the option of getting a little wet? :twisted: :lol:

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

#19 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

zarakand wrote: Wanna join me in doing the no-rain dance? :kicking: :pbjt: :spot:

AHAAAA! So it's YOUR fault my lawn is dead and everything is shriveling up? :laughing: I knew I'd get to the bottom of this drought if I tried hard enough :D
SilveradoGirl--

**Your ride doesn't matter.... the fact that you DO ride is what's important!**