1970 Suzuki TC-90 Blazer

thattallgal
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

1970 Suzuki TC-90 Blazer

#1 Unread post by thattallgal »

I just acquired my first motorcycle. A friend of the family, whom I did not know very well, left me the contents of a shed (I thought that was odd too). In the shed I found a 1970 Suzuki TC-90 Blazer (among other items). THe Suzuki is all still original and it looks like it is in great condition with very little wear and tear and little rust. The problem is... no one remembers when it last ran.

I do not know much about motorcycles or repair but I am interested in learning. I was just wondering if people who know more about motorcycles would consider this particular model worth the effort to try and repair, or if there is a good reason that it sat in a shed unused and not running for 30 years. Also would this be a good bike for a beginner?
Thanks

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#2 Unread post by NorthernPete »

ITs a pretty cool looking bike. I dont know much about it, but I saw a pic of one and it had what looke dlike a 14 year old flat footing it. so not that big looking.

As for if its worth it to fix, that all depends on how hard parts for it are going to be to find. any bike that sits for that amount of time is probably going to have issues (fuel tank, carbs, electrical) your best bet might be to get someone who is mechanically inclined with the bike to give it a once over and see what they say. Maybe some pics of the bike here as well. There are alot of people on the forum who can give awsome advice if they can see the bike.

*EDIT* And remember that the scrap yard is your friend!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Wizzard
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#3 Unread post by Wizzard »

Welcome to the forums TTG . I hope you scored a bunch of other goodies as well . Personally I love those kind of surprises .
Had to grin at your forum name since my darling spousette is 6' in her stocking feet and I am definitely not...... :laughing: not even close .
Best regards, Wizzard
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- ' WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!! ' " - Author Unknown

thattallgal
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by thattallgal »

I was asking around and found out that one of my uncles used to own a similar 1973 Suzuki and my talking about this one sparked interest in him as well. So tomorrow I will be setting up a corner of his shop for my use as I try to rebuild this bike. The hard part will be trying to keep all the guys that hang around the shop from taking over my project. I’ve already had one VERY vocal gentleman telling me that I should look into changing over the battery from a 6 volt to a 12 volt… Any thoughts on that? My feeling is that the system should stay on 6 volt.