Going alone

nebulachic
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Going alone

#1 Unread post by nebulachic »

Hi there,

New to the biker world and this forum. My b/f of 9 months just informed me he is going to a biker rally with a male friend. They have gone toggether usually with their sons the past 15 years. He used to be married and told me he was bummed his wife was never into it. Thing is... I AM! I have ridden with him every time he's asked and he told me not long ago he keeps picturing us going on a cross-country trip together. I've even expressed interest in buying my own bike! I don't understand why he hasn't invited me!

He told me it was a guy thing and initially made it sound like his son would be going but later on said he probably isn't. He didn't indicate his friends' son was going either. When I sort of put up a stink about it he said "I didn't think you'd be interested. It's just a bunch of grease monkeys and races."

He did finally invite me but I felt it was just to placate me. He said "If it's bad weather I'm not going to put you on the back of my bike though." (Hmmm.. his friend has always driven a car until this year he got his own bike. He could suggest I drive up if he really wanted me to go.)

Think he's leaving me behind bcuz he's hoping to get some "action" while there? Don't most guys bring their women if they are into it??? Ladies, would this bother you?
Last edited by nebulachic on Tue May 30, 2006 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

dieziege
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#2 Unread post by dieziege »

While he is gone go buy your bike and learn to ride it...

Then kick that zero to the curb and find yourself a hero baby.

Or something like that.
Ride it like you think owning it matters.

bok
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

#3 Unread post by bok »

depending on the bike rally he might think you aren't quite low brow enough, sometimes they can be a little on the tasteless side (like the low speed race where the female passenger has to bob for a hotdog on a string).

not knowing the guy i would say he might want to go just to let off some steam and it's probably not to get action, since there are many better places to go, i would think, if that were his intention.
[url=http://www.toocoolmotorcycleschool.com]Best Motorcycle School[/url]
[url=http://flickr.com/groups/tmw/]Post your Pics[/url]
[url=http://www.californiabikenights.com/learn/]Learn to Ride[/url]

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by sharpmagna »

Girls have a "Girls Night Out" so why can't he just hang out with the guys. Unless your afraid he's going to be doing what you girls are doing on your nights out :laughing: :wink:

In all seriousness, he may have a valid reason concerning the bad weather comment. It gets harder to control a bike in the rain so maybe he doesn't want to put you in harms way.
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

BuzZz
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#5 Unread post by BuzZz »

Hunny, I love you.

And I want to spend the rest of my life with you alone.

But sometimes we can be in 2 different places at the same time, doing different activities.... just once in awhile..... you know, so I get a chance to miss you?..... is it getting a little close in here?....... is there enough air in here?.... please stop staring at me...... just wanna hang-out with my old friend for a few days....... doesn't mean I love you less or anything like that..... o.k.?

:lol: :wink: :lol:

Thanx Babe.... see ya in a week!!!!

:laughing: :mrgreen: :laughing:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Personally it wouldn't bother me, as long as im included sometimes, it dosen't have to be all the time. If I were me and it was just a guys thing then I would let him go. Trust me if he wanted "action" it dosen't take a bike rally to get it.

Driving up in car while they are on bikes suxs, being on a bike with bad weather suxs evern more. Let him go, have a girls night out and forget about it.

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#7 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

dieziege wrote:While he is gone go buy your bike and learn to ride it...

Then kick that zero to the curb and find yourself a hero baby.

Or something like that.
+1

Or at least, sign up for the MSF Basic Riders Course while he's gone. Guys can be so funny about stuff.

Do you REALLY have any doubts about whether he would be unfaithful? If so, then there is more for you to work on than riding.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#8 Unread post by ZooTech »

Not to intrude on the estrogen festival in here, but if your boyfriend is going to cheat on you...he's going to cheat on you. He doesn't have to wait for an annual bike meet to do it. He probably doesn't want you along for the same reason he doesn't tell you the same jokes he tells the fellas at work, because guys like to get crude and tasteless from time to time and most women just don't get it. Let him go be a guy for a few days and take the opportunity to go be a girl....whatever that entails.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#9 Unread post by Sev »

ZooTech wrote:Not to intrude on the estrogen festival in here, but if your boyfriend is going to cheat on you...he's going to cheat on you. He doesn't have to wait for an annual bike meet to do it. He probably doesn't want you along for the same reason he doesn't tell you the same jokes he tells the fellas at work, because guys like to get crude and tasteless from time to time and most women just don't get it. Let him go be a guy for a few days and take the opportunity to go be a girl....whatever that entails.
+1

Then give him a reason to never leave again when he gets back... if you know what I mean :twisted: :twisted:
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Princess
Rookie
Rookie

#10 Unread post by Princess »

'Most' men take their women.
He asked you in a round about way, :twisted: load up :D :lol:
http://www.myspace.com/30879168
http://allpoetry.com/pitprincess