Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha TW200 Review
2015 Yamaha TW200 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
Ultra low seat, Ultra dual sport…
The 2015 Yamaha TW200 features a long lasting, reliable engine, electric start and full street equipment for comfortable on and off road capability. Plus it’s extra low seat height and simple ease of use inspires great confidence.
A low seat, great handling, extra wide tires, and, most importantly, a burly 4-stoke engine, have cemented the TW200’s reputation as a unique, fun loving dual purpose ride. Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran; a camper or a city dweller, this bike guarantees good times.
2015 Yamaha TW200 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Proven, 196cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring or riding around town.
Internal engine counter balancer provides smooth performance while the wide tires provide plenty of grip and a unique style. The long, wide seat design means plenty of comfort whether exploring or commuting.
•Those big fat tires deliver great traction and rider comfort over a wide range of terrain, and they make the TW200 the most distinctive-looking, dual-purpose machine around.
•A low seat and compact chassis help inspire confidence in anybody who rides the TW200, making it one of the most user friendly on/off-road bikes on the market.
•Electric start and full street equipment mean it’s super convenient to ride the TW200 just about wherever you need to go.
2015 Yamaha TW200 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Strong-pulling, 196cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring or riding around town.
• Internal engine counter balancer reduces vibration for great all-day comfort.
• Easy, reliable, push-button electric starting
• Maintenance-free CDI (capacitor discharge) ignition system ensures a precise, reliable spark for peak engine performance at all RPMs and easy starting.
• Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
• Teikei 28mm carb provides crisp throttle response and great fuel economy.
• Washable, foam air filter reduces maintenance costs.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with manual clutch puts power to the ground for great on- and off-road performance.
• Environmentally friendly exhaust system produces a quiet note. Heat shield protects rider from hot components. US Forestry approved spark arrestor protects Mother Nature.
• Rugged, diamond-type, high-tensile steel frame
• Rugged, steel box section swingarm is fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters. There are grease fittings at the swingarm pivot points for easy maintenance.
• 33mm front fork with 160mm (6.3″) of wheel travel soaks up the bumps for a plush ride. Rubber fork boots keep dirt out of fork seals for extended life.
• Monocross link rear suspension uses a single rear shock. Rear wheel travel is 150mm (5.9″) to smooth the roughest trails.
• 220mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper ensures great stopping power.
• Wide, 130/80-18 front and unique 180/80-14 rear tires deliver extra traction and great rider comfort over a wide range of terrain, and also help make the TW200 the most distinct-looking dual purpose machine in the industry.
• Low, 790mm (31.1″) seat height and compact chassis design helps inspire confidence by letting most riders put both feet firmly on the ground, making the TW200 one of the most user-friendly on/off-road bikes on the market.
• Rear drum brake with easy-to-use, wing nut style adjuster
• Lightweight, aluminum alloy front and rear rims are fitted with street-legal, dual purpose tires.
• Long, motocross-style seat creates a balanced riding position for optimal rider movement and comfort.
• Durable and wide fenders keeps mud and dirt off the rider
• Frame-mounted passenger footpegs provide two-up riding capability.
• Powerful, 60/55-watt, halogen, enduro-style headlight
• Small fairing reduces wind buffeting at highway speeds and adds a styling highlight too.
• Standard instrumentation includes a speedometer with odometer and resettable trip meter, and indicator lights for neutral, high beam and turn signals.
• Rugged, aluminum engine skid plate
• Flexible turn signals resist damage.
• Helmet lock
• Steering lock
• Handy rear cargo platform
• Bungee cord hook points (4) below the cargo platform
• Easy-to-use, eccentric chain adjusters
• Serrated, folding, steel footpegs
• Passenger footpegs
• Locking fuel cap
• Push-to-cancel turn signals
• On/off/reserve fuel petcock provides peace of mind
2015 Yamaha TW200 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,590 – Charcoal Silver/White – Available from August 2014
Engine Type 196cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 67.0mm x 55.7mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® 28mm
Transmission Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Telescopic fork; 6.3-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 5.9-in travel
Brakes / Front 220mm single disc
Brakes / Rear 110mm Drum
Tires / Front 130/80-18
Tires / Rear 180/80-14
L x W x H 82.3 x 32.3 x 44.1 in
Seat Height 31.1 in
Wheelbase 52.2 in
Ground Clearance 10.4 in
Fuel Capacity 1.8 gal
Fuel Economy** 78 mpg
Wet Weight*** 278 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2015 Yamaha TW200 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $5,049 CDN
4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
67 x 55.7mm
1.4kg-m (10.1ft-lb)@ 7,000 rpm
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
32kpl / 93mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
CDI / Electric Start
33mm fork / 160mm (6.3″) travel
Monocross / 150mm (5.9″) travel
220mm disc / twin piston
/// CRITICAL DATA
7 litres (1.5 imp. gallons)
126kg (278 lb)
Dark Metallic Bluish Gray
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).