TWISTIES OR TOURING. HAVE BOTH.
2019 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT:
THE MOST RADICAL SPORTS TOURER WITH OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE AND LONG-DISTANCE CAPABILITIES!
Meet the next generation of the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE GT. At first glance, the 2019 “GT” betrays the distinct, extremely aggressive base of the 1290 SUPER DUKE R that became famous as the “Beast”. Even though it was drafted as a separate model, the GT approaches touring from a sporty angle. No ifs and buts. And just to let you know up front: the core of the SUPER DUKE GT will always be incredible performance. This KTM is the cutting-edge interpretation of a sport bike fit for travel. The 1290 SUPER DUKE GT is not a slimmed-down super tourer with racing stripes, it is an extremely sporty real-world champion, which for the first time masters the seemingly impossible split between mountainous twisties, comfortable long-distance highway travelling and breath-taking track day use, thanks to intelligent and innovative design and technology. For 2019 the 1290 SUPER DUKE GT features a new LED Headlight, Handguards, improved wind protection, a full color TFT Dashboard, a whole new shape of the front and many details like storage compartments and connectivity features. The GT’s engine also saw updates including titanium inlet valves, resonator chamber technology and new mapping, resulting in even further refinement, speed and performance.
2019 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
• UPDATED 1,301cc LC8 V-Twin engine now with titanium valves and intake resonator chambers sets the standard in the sports tourer segment in terms of horsepower and torque.
• NEW 6.5” Multifunctional TFT Dashboard with KTM MY RIDE Navigation displays all important information in a clear and bright display.
• NEW windscreen and height adjuster offers easy adjustment and better wind and weather protection.
• NEW Handguards developed for perfect aerodynamic integration provide excellent rider comfort in all riding conditions.
• NEW LED Headlight provides optimal visibility and illumination.
• NEW Cruise Control design features switches on the left side of the handlebar and a display in the TFT dashboard to intuitively set and change the requested speed.
• UPDATED WP Semi-Active Suspension introduces a new level in comfort and performance with three settings: Comfort, Street and Sport, while the damping rates adapt in real time.
• Ultra-lightweight chrome-molybdenum steel trellis frame with bolt-on rear trellis subframe is light yet strong.
• Pirelli Angel GTs offer eager steering with a broad grip range and fantastic stability.
• MSC (Motorcycle Stability Control) with Cornering ABS by Bosch incl. Supermoto mode, Ride mode technology and multi-stage, lean angle sensitive Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC).
• Standard Quickshifter+ allows clutchless up- and downshifts under any load so the shift action is fast and smooth.
• KTM MY RIDE comes as standard and features a Bluetooth connection to the rider’s smart phone to control audio playback and to accept phone calls.
• KTM RACE ON keyless system for less hassle and increased security.
• Optional dealer-installed competition closed course only Track Pack with ‘Track’ ride mode which allows 3 Drive Modes, Anti-wheelie off, TC slip adjust and Launch control.
• Heated grips for cold riding weather comfort.
• Color-matched panniers with enough storage to fit most full-faced helmets.
2019 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
MORE TOUR, MORE ROAR: 2019 KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE GT & R
KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE GT
The most radical long-distance sports tourer on the market takes the best from ‘The Beast’; the phenomenal engine performance, street handling and race track capabilities of the ktm 1290superduker are brought into a machine that is as happy munching massive miles in comfort as it is carving up challenging corners.
Boasting the latest generation 1,301cc 75° V-twin LC8 engine as its potent ‘R’ sibling, the development from ktm engineers introduced revised resonator chambers, titanium inlet valves and a new mapping to give an incredible 175 hp and 141 Nm of torque. In short – power is always at hand – and now more effortless in its application. Along with the smoother performance at lower rpm, the addition of the Quickshifter+ provides clutchless and incredibly smooth up and down shifting – a benefit to rider and passenger.
The ktm 1290superdukegt is also a technical powerhouse as it utilizes the full suite of KTM’s best electronic performance and assistance systems. With lean-angle sensitivity for braking power and traction control and different ride modes – including the optional ‘Track’ mode that allows further adjustability of the electronic settings – these advanced systems enable riders to explore the full potential of the GT’s capabilities in the widest range of conditions and roads it can be pointed at – essential for a long distance capable machine.
Big changes for the 2019 GT can be found in the ‘dash’. Set behind the new aerodynamically developed windshield with multiple height positions and improved one-handed adjustability is a 6.5-inch TFT display. The award winning full color screen is visible in direct sunlight and features an exclusive layout; meaning the full status of the bike can be easily identified without distracting from the road ahead. Working through the bike’s various menus and extensive functions is intuitive and operated by the illuminated menu switch, found on the left bar, where the cruise control switch is now positioned.
An instantly recognizable DUKE family ‘face’ is a large part of the updated GT’s identity. Set within the redesigned front end is a powerful new LED headlight, where form and function are beautifully integrated. The central aluminum heatsink holds six forward-facing ultra-bright LEDs, while further LEDs create the daytime running light (DRL) to ensure the motorcycle is perceived better by other road users. When the journey continues after the sun sets, the fuel tank spoiler-mounted LED cornering lights provide impressive illumination to the inside of turns.
The latest generation WP semi-active chassis is the most sophisticated setup offered on a ktm so far, with deeper analyzing sensors automatically adapting to surface conditions so that the new ktm 1290superdukegt always delivers precise handling – no matter the load or road. Rider, passenger, luggage or all three, the GT’s preload can be adjusted for the bike’s ‘cargo’ at the push of a button – no need for tools. Also transformed with just fingertip control is the choice of damping to suit the mood and road: Comfort, Street and Sport.
Two color options – white or black – are available and on each side of the fuel tank spoilers new storage compartments also feature, creating easy access for essential small items, such as keys or toll cards. One side is fitted with a USB socket to charge and power favorite gadgets on the move and Heated Grips are fitted as standard.
KTM MY RIDE smartphone connectivity also adds another type of comfort over distance as the 2019 ktm 1290superdukegt is now navigation ready for onscreen turn-by-turn directions and audio prompts in 5 languages, via a separately available app. Also possible is the ability to receive or reject incoming calls with caller ID displayed, along with the option to toggle through tracks on a favorite music playlist.
2019 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT – Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer for Pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
Engine Type: 2-Cylinder, 4-Stroke, 75° V-Twin, DOHC
Displacement: 1301 cc
Bore/Stroke: 108/71 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 12Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 56 mm Throttle Bodies
Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication, 3 Eaton Pumps
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Hydraulically Operated
Ignition: Keihin EMS with Ride-By-Wire, Dual Ignition
Frame: Chrome-moly Steel Trellis
Subframe: Chrome-moly Steel Trellis
Handlebar: Aluminum, Tapered, Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP Semi-Active Suspension USD Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP Semi-Active Suspension Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 125 mm/4.9 in; 156 mm/6.1 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm/240 mm
Front/Rear Wheels: 3.50 x 17”, 6.00 x 17”
Front/Rear Tires: 120/70ZR17”; 190/55ZR17”
Steering Head Angle: 24.9º
Wheelbase: 1,482mm ± 15 mm / 58.3 ± 0.6 in
Ground Clearance: 141 mm / 5.6 in
Seat Height: 835 mm / 32.9 in
Tank Capacity: 23 L / 6.1 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 209 kg/ 460.8 lbs
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).