2019 KTM 500 EXC-F
The KTM 500 EXC-F is undoubtedly the most powerful competition enduro bike available. Its dominant power is tightly packaged in a cutting-edge chassis to keep things civilized, allowing riders to reign in all of its horses over the toughest terrain. All it takes is a twist of the throttle to realize that this in no ordinary big-bore enduro bike. It’s THE ULTIMATE big-bore competition enduro bike.
Powered by a 510.4 cc SOHC engine, the 2019 KTM 500 EXC-F has no equal in the dual sport realm. This compact powerhouse is fitted in a lightweight chassis suspended with a revised WP-developed Xplor fork and shock for the ultimate in handling and control. With enough power and torque to dominate the trail and eat up miles mixed with a READY TO RACE chassis, the 500 EXC-F is free of compromise.
2019 KTM 500 EXC-F Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
KTM EXC MODEL YEAR 2019 HAS ARRIVED!
Thanks to a long history as part of the foundation of the company and with many milestones achieved in producing READY TO RACE, world-beating enduro machines, KTM’s strive for excellence has ensured the orange brand remains the market-leader in the segment with the KTM EXC line-up. Last year the Austrian manufacturer announced the world’s first serial-production, fuel-injection 2-stroke offroad competition machines with the KTM 250 EXC TPI and KTM 300 EXC TPI models that have taken the possibilities of enduro to new heights, whilst complimenting the high-quality, high-performing 4-stroke models within the range.
However, the KTM R&D department in Mattighofen never rests; the latest generation of KTM EXC enduros receive updates for model year 2019 with improved WP fork settings, and a reworked WP shock absorber with a re-designed main piston and settings for improved, confidence-inspiring damping characteristics. A new seat cover, stronger battery and new graphics with a READY TO RACE factory-looking orange frame compliment the high-quality Brembo brakes, No-Dirt footpegs, NEKEN handlebar, CNC milled hubs with high-end black Giant rims and more that comes as standard on these championship winning machines.
For model year 2019 the KTM 125 XC-W and KTM 150 XC-W 2-strokes, designed for closed-course use, receive a new cylinder with a machined exhaust port and a new power valve for high-end performance. An optimized kick-starter seat along with an ultra-compact, newly designed DS clutch with a new clutch cover reduces overall engine width over previous models. In addition, a re-worked 6-speed transmission offers better function and improved reliability.
To accompany the new KTM EXC model line-up is the KTM PowerWear collection. To suit up and ride to the limit, KTM offers a wide range of high-quality, high-performance riding gear for riders to state their stance while dealing with the toughest of terrain, along with a vast array of casual clothing to stay READY TO RACE even on non-dirtbiking days. In addition, from conception of each KTM enduro model our engineers, along with leading accessories manufacturers, have developed a large selection of KTM PowerParts for those wishing to individualize their machine whether it’s for aesthetics or refined performance to take their ride to new heights.
2019 KTM 500 EXC-F Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• UPDATED WP Xplor 48 upside-down split front fork. Updated, slightly stiffer fork setting – improved feedback and more bottoming resistance
• UPDATED WP Xplor PDS rear suspension features updated main piston and updated settings while still offering the progressive feel and excellent bottoming resistance only PDS can provide.
• New graphics and orange frame – high-end Ready to Race appearance
• New seat cover – improved comfort and grip
• New stronger and super lightweight Lithium-Ion battery – better starting
• The 510.4 cc engine has been designed in order to be the most compact and lightest 500 cc on the market.
• Engine cases with a centralized shaft configuration to move the crankshaft closer to the bike’s center of gravity for light handling.
• 42mm Keihin throttle body for instant throttle response and crisp fueling.
• 6-speed wide ratio transmission is perfectly suited for off-road duty.
• Hydraulically operated DDS clutch features a damping system for better traction and durability.
• Lightweight Chromoly steel frame provides high torsional rigidity with less longitudinal stiffness resulting in excellent handling and energy absorption.
• PDS Shock mounting geometry is matched to the aluminum swingarm with a centered location for nearly symmetrical loads to the swingarm.
• Forged aluminum triple clamp with handlebar positions and a 22mm offset for precise handling.
• ODI grips that feature a lock-on design for the left grip and a vulcanized grip on the throttle side.
• “No Dirt” footpeg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the footpeg is always in the correct position.
• CNC machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and Continental TKC-80 tires for maximum strength and traction on and off the road.
• Airbox and filter design provides maximum performance with fast “no tools” air filter changes.
• Bodywork with perfect ergonomics and contact points for maximum control and comfort.
• Cooling system features stiffer radiators with better cooling efficiency while new radiator guards provide crash protection.
• 2.25 gallon see-through polyethylene polyamide tank provides the range needed for extended rides
• “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
2019 KTM 500 EXC-F – Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer for Pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke
Displacement: 510.4 cc
Bore/Stroke: 95 / 72 mm
Starter: Electric, Lithium Ion 12 V 2 Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears, wide ratio
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 42 mm
Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication with 2 Pumps
Primary Ratio: 31:76
Final Drive: 14:45
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DD-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Ignition: Keihin EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22mm
Front Suspension: WP Xplor USD Ø 48mm
Rear Suspension: WP Xplor PDS Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 300 mm / 11.8 in; 310 mm / 12.2 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 220 mm
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21” / 2.15 x 18” Giant
Front/Rear Tires: 90/90-21” / 120/100-18” Continental TKC-80
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.5º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,482mm ± 10 mm / 58.3 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 355mm / 14 in
Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 8.5 L / 2.25 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 109 kg / 240.3 lbs
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).