THE BEST START POSSIBLE.
2020 Honda CRF50F:
In life, there’s no easy answer to how one starts down the path to success. Luckily, in the motorcycle world it’s long been agreed: the Honda CRF50F. It offers the best possible combination of features, like a reliable four-stroke engine that delivers smooth, easy-to-use power. A three-speed transmission with automatic clutch, so a rider learns to shift without worrying about stalling. And an adjustable throttle limiter and keyed ignition, so you control who rides, when, and how much power the bike puts out. Riders remember their first motorcycle forever. Here’s to one more great rider getting started on a Honda.
Be A Responsible Rider: All parents need to consider their youngsters’ age, size, ability and maturity before allowing them to ride. Obtain a copy of “Off-Road Safety Tips” from your local Honda Dealer.
The modern version of the classic, beloved, Z50, the pocketsize CRF50F delivers kids’ first riding thrills (and lifelong memories!) via a 49cc air-cooled engine with an automatic clutch. Ten-inch wheels enable a low seat height and facilitate nimble handling, helping pack more fun per cubic centimeter into this kids bike than any motorcycle around.
49cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine
Pro-Link rear suspension
Rugged steel frame
Adjustable throttle limiter
2020 Honda CRF50F Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
The newest iterations of Honda’s proven full-size motocross models—the CRF250R and CRF450R, as well as the elite CRF450RWE—all receive important upgrades to raise performance levels even higher, while the CRF150R mini is back again in 2020. The CRF450RX and CRF250RX closed-course off-road racers benefit from the same improvements as their track-focused siblings, while the CRF450X off-roader and CRF450L dual-sport machine return for the new model year with updated graphics. At the other end of the spectrum, the approachable, fun 2020 CRF250F, CRF125F, CRF110F and CRF50F await recreational riders with trail-focused performance and proven reliability.
“For generations, Honda has demonstrated its commitment to the dirt bike market, and that’s never been truer than now,” said Chris Cox, American Honda’s Manager of Experiential Marketing/Press. “Our 2020 lineup of off-road models, including the CRF Performance and CRF Trail families, comprises machines that are top-of-class for motocross, off-road competition, trail riding and, in the case of the CRF450L, even using streets to extend off-road adventures. With such a capable and diverse collection of motorcycles, you can once again expect to see a lot of red on tracks and trails from coast to coast.”
CRF PERFORMANCE LINE
Last year saw Honda significantly expand its CRF Performance family to include machines for riding applications including motocross, closed-course off-road, pure off-road, and even dual sport. For 2020, a number of models in the lineup get important upgrades to keep Red Riders running at the front of the pack.
CRF TRAIL LINE
Motorcycling is armed with legions of riders who got their start on Honda trail bikes, and with the 2020 lineup of CRF Trail models, that trend is sure to continue long into the future.
2020 Honda CRF50F Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
Engine / Drivetrain
- Dependable 49cc SOHC four-stroke engine develops smooth, easy-to-use power.
- 10.0:1 compression ratio for good performance and easy kick starting.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- 11mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent fuel mileage and throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Smooth-shifting three-speed transmission and automatic clutch offer simple operation and easy takeoffs.
- Durable #420 drive chain offers dependable operation and low maintenance.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester is efficient and quiet.
- Closed-crankcase ventilation system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Adjustable throttle limiter.
- Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorized use.
- Easy-access washable foam air filter simplifies maintenance.
Chassis / Suspension
- High-tensile steel frame and swingarm offer excellent balance of strength and compliance.
- Inverted telescopic fork offers a plush 3.7 inches of suspension travel.
- Single-shock rear suspension provides 2.7 inches of well-damped travel and is mounted to a reinforced swingarm.
- 28-spoke, 10-inch-diameter wheels with die-cast-aluminum hubs look great, provide excellent maneuverability and offer smooth ride quality.
- Powerful, lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
- Wide, long-wearing off-road tires offer excellent traction.
- Front and rear suspension spring and damping rates for optimum rider comfort and bump absorption.
- CRF-R-inspired bodywork, Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
- Narrow 4.3-inch-wide CRF-type seat, slim fuel tank and extra-low 21.6-inch seat height provide excellent comfort and mobility for a broad range of young riders.
- Motocross-style handlebar with padded protector.
- High-quality, comfortable grips.
- Folding, cleated foot pegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
- Durable plastic fenders are nearly indestructible.
Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
DURABLE, LOW-MAINTENANCE ENGINE
If there’s one thing you can count on with a Honda, it’s the engine. The CRF50F’s Honda four-stroke is famously reliable. That cuts down on frustration and hassles.
ADJUSTABLE THROTTLE LIMITER
RUGGED STEEL FRAME
2020 Honda CRF50F – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: starting from $1549 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $1999 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
|Type||49cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||SOHC; two-valve|
|Bore x Stroke||39.0mm x 41.4mm|
|Induction||11mm piston-valve carburetor|
|Driveline||#420 chain; 14T/37T|
|Front||Inverted telescopic fork; 3.7 in. travel|
|Rear||Single shock; 2.7 in. travel|
|Rake (castor angle)||25°|
|Trail||32mm (1.3 in.)|
|Seat Height||21.6 in.|
|Ground Clearance||6.0 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||0.7 gal. incl. 0.2-gal. reserve|
|Curb Weight*||111 lbs.|
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride Meets current CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards
2020 Honda CRF50F – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
Engine & Drivetrain
Air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore & Stroke
39 mm x 41.4 mm
Single 13 mm piston-valve carb
Three-speed with automatic clutch
#420 chain; 14T/37T
Chassis & Suspension
Inverted telescopic fork; 87 mm (3.4 in.) travel
Single shock; 70 mm (2.8 in.) travel
Dimensions & Additional Information
152 mm (6.0 in.)
548 mm (21.6 in.)
911 mm (35.9 in.)
50 kg (111 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
2.6 L, including 0.7 L reserve
6 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
2020 Honda CRF50F – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).