A GREAT STARTING POINT FOR YOUR NEXT GREAT ADVENTURE.
2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour:
Honda’s legendary, peerless touring machine is a mileage-gobbling machine, but with a compact design and a lightweight package, it’s also at home in sportier applications and even as a commuter. The Gold Wing boasts a long list of standout features, including several convenience/comfort-focused refinements for 2020 Tour models. Add it up, and the Gold Wing is the starting point for your next great adventure.
Olympic athletes may run and swim the same distances, or throw the same discus, or skate on the same ice. But somehow, they just keep getting better and better. And that’s exactly what you’ll see with Honda’s Gold Wing. Sure, it’s the bike that started the modern touring revolution way back in 1975. But with every generation, it’s more comfortable, better handling, smoother. A technology leader since day one, today’s Gold Wing offers features like a 7-speed DCT automatic transmission and Apple CarPlayTM. And for 2020, we’re happy to announce that fog lights are now standard equipment on all Gold Wing Tour models.
The latest generation of Gold Wings are champions in every measure of the term. Why not ride one and start setting your own personal bests?
2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
NEW FOR 2020
- Fog lights standard on Tour models, for improved visibility in varying conditions
- On Tour models, reshaped rear-seat grab handles provide improved ergonomics for passengers of all body types
- Saddlebag-mounted USB charger on all models (previously standard only on Airbag model) joins dash-mounted charger for increased charging options
- Updated front and rear suspension settings
- Revised button on center storage pocket features improved action
- Minor software updates on navigation system
- Blacked-out engine, frame and wheels now available on Pearl Glare White Tour and Tour DCT
- All-new black with anodized surfaces available on Gold Wing and Gold Wing DCT
Honda Reveals Colors, Availability for 2020 Gold Wing Line
Honda today disclosed the colors and pricing of the 2020 models in the Gold Wing family, all of which will be available beginning in January.
In addition to new colors, the Gold Wing models feature several convenience/comfort refinements for 2020:
- Fog lights standard on Tour models, for improved visibility in varying conditions.
- On Tour models, reshaped rear-seat grab handles provide improved ergonomics for passengers of all body types.
- Saddlebag-mounted USB charger on all models (previously standard only on Airbag model) joins dash-mounted charger for increased charging options.
- Updated front and rear suspension settings.
- Revised button on center storage pocket features improved action.
- Minor software updates on navigation system.
- Blacked-out engine, frame and wheels now available on Pearl Glare White Tour and Tour DCT.
- All-new black with anodized surfaces available on Gold Wing and Gold Wing DCT.
Gold Wing Tour
- Colors: Pearl Glare White, Candy Ardent Red/Black
- Pearl Glare White: $27,500
- Candy Ardent Red/Black: $28,000
Gold Wing Tour DCT
- Colors: Pearl Glare White, Candy Ardent Red/Black
- Pearl Glare White: $28,500
- Candy Ardent Red/Black: $29,000
Gold Wing Tour DCT Air Bag
- Color: Darkness Black Metallic/Gray
- MSRP: $32,300
- Color: Matte Black Metallic
- MSRP: $23,800
Gold Wing DCT
- Color: Matte Black Metallic
- MSRP: $25,000
2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- High aerodynamic efficiency complements an impressive power-to-weight ratio to maximize fuel mileage
- Compact side-mount radiator with high performance allows for narrow front cowl
- Air-guiding ducts flow optimal amounts of air into the rider area, allowing a true motorcycling experience
- Electric windscreen, in varying heights depending on model, gives rider control over airflow through stepless adjustment for height and angle
- LED headlight incorporates distinctive “wing line”
- LED turn signals with auto-cancelling function are integrated into mirrors at the front, and into the taillights at the rear
- Two-piece seat is shaped to allow rider to easily move around in the saddle during spirited riding, and to let passenger tour in comfort
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
- 1,833cc liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine enables low center of gravity, minimal vibration, and quiet running
- SCM440H material for the crankshaft is strong, allowing the crankshaft to be made compact
- Unicam® valve train offers weight savings and maximum fuel efficiency, while also contributing to engine’s compact dimensions
- Four-valve head offers ideal combustion efficiency and fuel efficiency
- Aluminum cylinder sleeves for low engine weight
- Short engine configuration enables engine and seating area to be positioned forward in chassis, affecting weight bias to promote sporty handling
- Single, 50mm throttle body for low weight
- Low intake-manifold volume for direct flow of air to combustion chamber, enhancing responsiveness
- Sporty exhaust sound achieved through optimized pipe diameter on two of the six cylinders and absence of fiberglass in muffler
- Standout fuel economy enables fuel tank to be made small for optimal vehicle packaging and low weight
- DCT features Walking Mode for creeping forward and backward (.75 mph in reverse direction, 1.1 mph in forward direction)
- DCT models save weight through absence of reverse idle shaft, which is needed in conventional transmission
- Minimal shift shock and noise on DCT models through use of fork-shaft dampers, master-arm damper, and DCT clutch-center damper
- Assist and slipper clutch on manual-transmission models have light lever effort and low shift shock on downshifts
- Cam damper on manual-transmission model minimizes shift noise and shift shock
- Integrated Starter Generator (ISG) saves weight and minimizes noise at start-up
- Throttle-by-wire system provides basis for advanced electronics package
- Four riding modes—Tour, Sport, Econ, and Rain—help tailor the riding experience for specific riding conditions
- On Tour models, Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) system manages rear-wheel slip
- Hill Start Assist makes it easier to start from a stop on an ascent
- Optimized cruise-control function for relaxed cruising
- Smart Key for keyless starts and bag access
- Vehicle Viewfinder system simplifies locating motorcycle, for instance in larger parking lots
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System provides real-time status of tire pressure, also indicating when tire pressure drops below a certain level
- Apple CarPlay™ compatibility enables the rider to access Apple Music and Maps, make phone calls, and send dictated messages using Siri
- 7-inch full-color Thin Film Transistor (TFT) display offers clear viewing of audio and navigation systems, as well as settings for individual rider-aid systems
- Updated navigation system now lets voice route guidance continue after ignition is switched off and back on; lets points of interest remain presence after ignition is switched off and back on, and corrects daylight savings change date
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- Robotically welded aluminum twin-spar frame
- Optimized plate thicknesses in frame spars achieves ideal rigidity and flex characteristics
- Single-sided swingarm with pivot-area structure
- Lightweight design for frame and swingarm
- Short seat rail positions rider and passenger forward, enabling optimal mass centralization
- Twin 320mm front-brake rotors, single 316mm rear rotor, for excellent stopping power
- Radially mounted 6-piston dual front-brake calipers and single three-piston rear-brake caliper
- Electronically controlled combined braking system with ABS uses single modulator for low weight
- Tires specifically designed for Gold Wing, in sizes 200/55-R16 (rear) and 130/70-18 (front)
- Double-wishbone front-suspension system minimizes friction and enhances agility, reducing total shock transferred to the handlebars by 30 percent compared to previous Gold Wing platform; inertial mass of components operated by handlebars is reduced by 40 percent
- Bearings for all shaft bushings on front-suspension system minimize friction for both stroke and steering
- Double-wishbone front-suspension system leads to compact vehicle package, as stroke trajectory allows forward engine location
- Pro-Link® rear-suspension system ensures comfortable ride
- Convenient electrically controlled suspension-damping adjustment uses stepping motor acting on a needle to control oil flow rate
ADDITIONAL STANDOUT FEATURES
- 30-liter storage capacity each for left and right saddlebags
- 50-liter storage capacity for rear luggage case on Gold Wing Tour models (optional on Gold Wing models)
- Dampers on saddlebag and rear luggage-case lids, for smooth operation
- Airbag model’s collision judgment system arranged close to the center of gravity for optimal mass centralization
- Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
- California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment
2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: starting from $27,500 – $28,000 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ 31,599 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
|Model||Gold Wing Tour|
|Type||1,833cc horizontally opposed, liquid-cooled, six-cylinder four-stroke|
|Valve Train||Single overhead Unicam® w/ 4 valves per cylinder, finger-follower rocker arm on intake, roller-rocker arm on exhaust|
|Bore x Stroke||73mm x 73mm|
|Induction||Single throttle w/ 50mm bore, Throttle By Wire (TBW)|
|Ignition||Full transistorized ignition|
|Starter||Electric w/ Integrated Starter Generator System (ISG)|
|6-speed manual w/ Revers|
|Front||Double-wishbone system w/ Showa shock absorber, 4.3 in. travel|
|Rear||Pro-Link® system w/ Showa shock absorber, 4.1 in. travel|
|Front||(2) radially mounted 6-piston Nissin calipers w/ 320mm rotors, electronically controlled combined ABS|
|Rear||(1) 3-piston Nissin caliper w/ 316mm rotor, electronically controlled combined ABS|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||30.5º|
|Height||56.3 in. low windscreen; 61.2 in. high windscreen|
|Seat Height||29.3 in.|
|Ground Clearance||5.1 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||5.6 gal.|
|Color||Candy Ardent Red/Black, Pearl Glare White|
|Curb Weight*||836 lbs.|
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride Meets current EPA standards
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment Specifications subject to change
2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
Engine & Drivetrain
Liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder
Bore & stroke
73 mm x 73 mm
SOHC, Unicam, 4 valves per cylinder
PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
Six-speed manual with overdrive and electric low speed reverse function
Chassis & Suspension
Double wishbone with Showa shock absorber 110 mm (4.3 in) travel.
Pro Arm ® single-sided swingarm and Pro-Link® system including a Showa Shock absorber with electronically controlled spring preload adjustment; 105 mm (4.1 in.) travel
Dimensions & Additional Information
130/70R – 18 radial front;
200/55R – 16 radial rear
Front: dual 320 mm discs with radially mounted six-piston Nissin calipers
Rear: single 316 mm disc with three-piston Nissin caliper Electronically controlled Dual combined brake system (CBS) with ABS.
130 mm (5.1 in.)
745 mm (29.3 in.)
1,695 mm (66.7 in.)
380 kg (838 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
Candy Ardent Red / Black (2-tone), Pearl Glare White
3 year, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus.
2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).