GO ANYWHERE DUAL SPORT.
2020 Yamaha XT250:
Light, nimble and reliable with electric start and a low seat height built to go wherever you go ‑ on or off road.
Whether commuting to work or hitting the back country for a day of exploring, the ultra-reliable XT250 is a fun-loving dual sport bike that’s easy to ride. Light & nimble, with a low seat height, the fuel-injected XT250 offers great versatility. Your adventure starts here.
249 cc, air-cooled, fuel injected, single overhead cam (SOHC), 2-valve, 4-stroke single produces predictable torque across the entire rpm range for great on- and off-road fun.
One of the longest-standing dual sport models in the industry today, the XT250 is renowned for its reliability, strength and simplicity.
2020 Yamaha XT250 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Serrated, folding steel footpegs
- Folding gear shift and rear brake lever tips
- Helmet lock
- Locking steering and fuel cap
- Passenger foot pegs and grab rails
- Durable “O” ring chain
- Oil level sight glass
- Flexible turn signals
- Rubber “boots” on brake and clutch levers help reduce mud and dirt damage/wear
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2020 Yamaha XT250 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- The 249 cc, air-cooled, fuel-injected, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke single produces easy to use power for daily commuting or exploring the back country.
- Electric starting.
- Fast, easy, no-hassle starting
- Single overhead camshaft (SOHC), 2-valve cylinder head.
- straight intake and exhaust tracts for excellent combustion chamber filling and discharge
- basic design for easy, less expensive maintenance
- utilizes easy to adjust conventional rocker arms & screw-type tappet adjusters
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- reduces mechanical engine noise and maintenance
- Direct ceramic composite-plated cylinder uses “liner-less” bores.
- ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block, eliminating the liner and reducing weight
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder and piston, reducing friction and increasing power
- Lightweight, short-skirt, forged aluminum piston.
- lightweight design means faster throttle response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent durability
- Lightweight, ball-bearing-mounted crankshaft.
- excellent durability
- fast engine response
- Engine counter balancer.
- reduces engine vibration to maximize rider comfort
- Multi-plate wet clutch is utilized.
- Clutch lever pull is light and easy.
- Easy-access element-type oil filter and drain plug for fast oil changes.
- 33 mm Mikuni throttle body fuel injection system.
- system uses throttle position sensor (TPS)
- 10-hole injector for optimum fuel atomization
- fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy and reduced emissions
- 2.8-litre air box
- located under the seat & utilizes an easy to access viscous (paper type) air filter
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpm
- Wide-ratio 5-speed transmission with multi-plate wet clutch.
- optimized gear ratios for both on- & off-road riding
- 5th gear is an overdrive gear to reduce engine rpm at highway speeds
- clutch lever pull is light & easy
- Up-swept exhaust system
- exhaust note is quiet and environmentally friendly
- cleanable spark arrestor
- heat shields on header pipe & muffler protect rider & passenger from accidental contact
- Air Induction System (AIS)
- injects fresh oxygen into the exhaust port to insure complete combustion
- reduces harmful exhaust emissions
- Semi-double-cradle steel frame.
- overall “wet” weight of 132 kg (291 lb) makes the XT250 one of the lightest, most compact dual purpose machines on the market
- Rugged, box-section steel swingarm
- fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters
- 35 mm KYB fork with 225 mm (8.9″) of wheel travel.
- soaks up the rough stuff, both on-road and off road
- rubber fork boots (gaiters) protect fork seals and tubes from dirt and grit damage
- Lightweight aluminum lower triple clamp reduces weight.
- Adjustable link Monocross rear suspension with 180 mm (7.1″) of wheel travel.
- 20 mm (0.8″) of threaded spring preload adjustability
- allows rider to adjust spring preload to match load or riding conditions
- Low 810 mm (31.9″) seat height
- creates a low centre of gravity for added manoeuvrability
- inspires confidence by allowing most riders to put both feet on the ground
- 285 mm (11.2″) of ground clearance enhances off-road use.
- 245 mm front disc brake with twin-piston Nissin caliper provides plenty of stopping power.
- 203 mm rear disc brake is squeezed by a single-piston Nissin caliper
- rugged plastic rear caliper protector
- 9.6-litre steel fuel tank
- in-tank electric fuel pump
- “reserve” portion of the tank is 1.8 litres (low fuel light illuminates)
- 21″ front & 18″ rear DID alloy rims.
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for enhanced suspension performance
- Long, YZ-inspired seat.
- creates a balanced riding position with good rider mobility
- provides roomy comfort for both rider and passenger
- 60/55-watt, enduro-style, halogen headlight
- small fairing helps reduce wind buffeting at highway speeds
- Compact digital instrumentation.
- functions includes: speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light illuminated) and clock
- other features include low fuel warning light, engine warning light and self-diagnosis function
2020 Yamaha XT250 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5,199 – Sandy Beige
Canada MSRP Price: $5,499 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £See dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in AU
Engine Type 249cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke single; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 74.0mm x 58.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front 35mm telescopic fork; 8.9-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock, adjustable preload and rebound
damping; 7.1-in travel
Brakes / Front Single disc, 245mm
Brakes / Rear Single disc, 203mm
Tires / Front 2.75-21
Tirres / Rear 120/80-18
L x W x H 84.6 in x 31.7 in x 45.7 in
Seat Height 31.9 in
Wheelbase 53.5 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 26.4°
Trail 4.2 in
Fuel Capacity 2.6 gal / CA model, 2.4 gal
Fuel Economy** 76 mpg
Wet Weight*** 291 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Sandy Beige
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2020 Yamaha XT250 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|Air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|74 x 58 mm|
|2.0kg-m (14.5 ft-lb) @ 6,500 rpm|
|Mikuni 33 mm throttle body fuel injection|
|Estimated Fuel Consumption±|
|32.2 kpl / 91 mpg (Imp.)|
|Ignition / Starting|
|TCI / Electric Start|
|Constant mesh, 5-speed|
|35 mm fork / 225 mm (8.9″) wheel travel|
|Adjustable Link Monocross / 180 mm (7.1″) wheel travel|
|245 mm disc / twin piston caliper|
|203 mm disc / single piston caliper|
|2.75 x 21|
|2,150 mm (84.6″)|
|805 mm (31.7″)|
|1,160 mm (45.7″)|
|1,360 mm (53.5″)|
|285 mm (11.2″)|
|830 mm (32.7″)|
|9.6 litres (2.1 imp. gallons)|
|132kg (291 lb)|
2020 Yamaha XT250 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2020 Yamaha XT250 – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).