2021 Kawasaki KLX300R : FUN BEGINS WITH THE PUSH OF A BUTTON.
Introducing the 2021 Kawasaki KLX300R.
The KLX®300R is the ultimate high-performance off-road trail bike, bridging the gap between a weekend play bike and a full race-ready KX™ competition machine. As the leader of the KLX® lineup, the KLX300R combines the best of both engine and chassis performance to create the ultimate trail bike for off-road thrills. It is a lightweight, fun off-road machine that helps ensure that there is an affordable, capable, and durable motorcycle in the KLX® line-up for every rider in the family to get out and attack the trail.
The KLX300R is the ultimate high-performance trail bike for off-road thrills, bridging the world between a weekend play bike and a full race bike. As the leader of the KLX lineup, the KLX300R combines the best of both engine and chassis performance to create the ultimate lightweight, fun off-road machine.
A fan favorite, the Kawasaki KLX® family of off-road motorcycles are widely popular for their low maintenance, easy-to-ride character, and incredible capabilities while out on the trails. Completing the rest of the 2021 KLX family line up are five additional models, which consist of four engine configurations and are built to suit a variety of riders.
- Recreational trail bike with high level of capability
- Powerful petal disc brakes front and rear
- ERGO-FIT® adjustability with 4-way handlebar positions
- Full-size wheels
- Hassle-free electric start
- KX™-inspired styling and ergonomics
2021 Kawasaki KLX300R Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
• FUEL-INJECTED, LIQUID COOLED FOUR-STROKE ENGINE WITH DOHC
• ELECTRIC START
• HIGH-TENSILE STEEL PERIMETER FRAME
• LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION
• FULL-SIZE WHEELS
• KX™-INSPIRED STYLING AND ERGONOMICS
2021 Kawasaki KLX300R Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Compact Liquid-Cooled Engine
• Flat top piston with pentroof combustion chamber delivers power-enhancing 11.1:1 compression ratio.
• Lightweight piston, piston pin and connecting rod allow power-producing revs without excessive vibration.
• Piston skirt designed to minimize contact with the cylinder wall and wide connecting rod big-end bearings enhance durability.
• Dual high-capacity radiators similar to those used on Kawasaki KX™ motocross machines provide excellent cooling efficiency. The slim radiators feature the same tightly-packed cores and fin design of the KX250
4-Valve DOHC Cylinder Head(KP)
• Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow.
• Boosts low-end torque.
• 38.5° included valve angle for a compact head with straighter, more efficient ports.
• Cam profiles and intake port design contribute to the smooth, quick-revving engine character.
• A cam lobe for each valve with shim-under tappets has less reciprocating weight for efficiency at high rpm.
• The incredibly hard coating in the aluminum cylinder bore means superior heat transfer with less weight.
• The coating holds lubrication well, resists abrasion and seizure, and allows tight piston-to-cylinder clearances for more horsepower.
Kawasaki DFI®(KP) System
• 34mm throttle body delivers precise engine response for better throttle control in tight trail situations.
• Provides stable fuel delivery regardless of changes in air temperature or altitude.
• Contributes to easy starting, whether the engine is hot or cold, and cleaner emissions
• Combined with DFI, starter button provides easy engine starting.
• Electric starter and the Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release (KACR)(KP), which automatically lifts an exhaust valve at cranking rpm, makes starting the KLX®300R easy.
Gear Driven Engine Balancer(KP)
• Engine runs smoothly from idle to redline.
• More rider comfort and less fatigue on long rides
Digital Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI)(KP)
• Digital ECU precisely controls timing, no matter how fast the RPM changes.
• Easy starts and reliability under extreme conditions.
U.S. Forest Service-Approved Spark Arrester
• U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrester allows access to designated public riding areas.
• Six-Speed Transmission
• Six speeds provide a gear for varying situations.
• Short final gearing complements the engine’s low-mid range focus, making navigating tight trails easier.
• Smooth shifting for ease of use.
High Tensile Steel Perimeter Frame(KP)
• The frame is built up of box-section and tubular high-tensile steel.
• The 26.9° steering head angle and 56.5 inch wheelbase contribute to quick trail maneuverability.
• Optimized frame rigidity contributes to excellent straight line ability.
• 43mm Inverted Cartridge Fork(KP)
• Fork settings utilize a softer spring rate to allow damping to work over a wider stroke range for better front-end feeling.
• 20-way compression damping adjustment.
• Cartridge maintains more consistent damping force by minimizing aeration of the fork oil.
Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension(KP)
• The nitrogen-filled, aluminum body, remote reservoir rear shock has 20-way compression and 18-way rebound damping adjustment and stepless threaded spring pre-load.
• Lightweight, extruded aluminum swingarm contributes to overall frame rigidity balance. D-shaped spars are attractive and KX-type chain adjusters facilitate maintenance.
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
• Twin piston front caliper grasps a 270mm front disc, the same size as that found on the KX250/450, for incredible stopping power.
• Single piston rear caliper and a 240mm disc to give strong, reliable performance.
• Also from the KX line, the upper triple clamp provides two mounting positions for the reversible handlebar clamps so that the handlebar can be set in one of four positions with a 35mm range of adjustment.
• Adjustable front brake lever position suits various hand sizes and preferences.
• Inspired by the KX line, the KLX300’s seat-tank junction was designed to give the rider maximum freedom of movement and helps the rider to slide farther forward in turns. Flush seams between the shrouds, seat and side covers also provide freedom of movement and aids moving around on the bike.
• The seat has a slip-resistant top for grip and smooth sides for rider mobility.
2021 Kawasaki KLX300R – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5,499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $5999 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4-Valve Single
Displacement 292 cc
Bore & Stroke 78.0 x 61.2 mm
Compression Ratio 11.0:1
Fuel System DFI® with 34mm throttle body
Ignition Digital DC-CDI
Rake/Trail 26.9°/4.3 in.
Front Wheel Travel 11.2 in.
Rear Wheel Travel 11.2 in.
Front Tire Size 80/100-21
Rear Tire Size 100/100-18
Front Suspension 43mm Inverted Cartridge Fork with 16-Way Compression Damping Adjustment
Rear Suspension Uni-Trak with Adjustable Preload,
Compression and Rebound Damping Adjustment
Wheelbase 56.5 in.
Front Brake Type 270mm Petal Disc
Rear Brake Type 240mm Petal Disc
Fuel Tank Capacity 2.1 gal.
Ground Clearance 12.0 / 11.8 (CA Model) in.
Seat Height 36.4 in.
Curb Weight= 282.2 / 286.4 (CA Model) lb.
Warranty 6 months
Kawasaki Protection Plus 12, 24 or 36 months
(Specifications subject to change without notice.) Ask about the Rider‘s of Kawasaki (ROK) and the Good Times™ Credit Plan.
Ask about Kawasaki’s Team Green™ amateur rider support program.
(KP) = See Kaw-Pedia section for more details.* = Changes from previous model year.
= = Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
2021 Kawasaki KLX300R – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
|Bore x Stroke||78 x 61.2 mm|
|Valve System||DOHC, 4 valves|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection (34 x 1)|
|Lubrication||Forced lubrication (wet sump)|
|Primary Reduction Ratio||2.800 (84/30)|
|Gear Ratio: 1st||3.000 (30/10)|
|Gear Ratio: 2nd||2.000 (30/15)|
|Gear Ratio: 3rd||1.500 (27/18)|
|Gear Ratio: 4th||1.250 (25/20)|
|Gear Ratio: 5th||1.050 (21/20)|
|Final Reduction Ratio||3.571 (50/14)|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc, manual|
|Frame||Perimeter, high-tensile steel|
|Front Suspension||43 mm inverted telescopic fork with adjustable compression damping|
|Rear Suspension||Uni Trak, gas-charged shock with piggyback reservoir, adjustable compression and rebound damping, and adjustable preload|
|Front Wheel Travel||285 mm|
|Rear Wheel Travel||285 mm|
|Front Tire||80/100-21 51M|
|Rear Tire||100/100-18 59M|
|Front Brakes||Single semi-floating 270 mm petal disc|
|Front Calipers||Dual-piston caliper|
|Rear Brake||Single 240 mm petal disc|
|Rear Caliper||Single-piston caliper|
|Overall Length||2,120 mm|
|Overall Width||825 mm|
|Overall Height||1,250 mm|
|Road Clearance||305 mm|
|Seat Height||925 mm|
|Curb Mass**||128 kg|
|Fuel Capacity||7.9 litres (1.7 gal.)|
|Warranty||6 months warranty|
**Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
KAWASAKI CARES: Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and proper apparel. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Read Owner’s Manual and all on-product warnings. Professional rider shown on a closed course. 2019 Canadian Kawasaki Motors, Inc.
Specifications subject to change.
2021 Kawasaki KLX300R – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).