2021 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS : FREEDOM TO ROAM.
Introducing the new 2021 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS…
The Versys 650 combines long-travel suspension, sporty 17-inch wheels, a slim upright riding position and power focused on the low-mid range to produce a highly versatile motorcycle that excels in a wide variety of street-riding situations, and especially on twisty roads.
Versatility is the foundation of the Versys 650 LT and Versys 650 ABS motorcycles. Whether you’re navigating city streets or tackling mile after mile of open highway, the Versys 650 LT and Versys 650 ABS are built for comfort and making it easy to tackle mile after mile. The 2021 Versys 650 LT and Versys 650 ABS feature a compact 649cc parallel-twin engine, slim upright riding position, windscreen with two inches of tool-free adjustment. The Versys 650 ABS is equipped with a gear position indicator and GPS mount accessory available, the Versys 650 LT is equipped with hard saddlebags featuring KQR™ mounts and hand guards for increased wind protection. The Versys 650 ABS and Versys 650 LT are both returning for 2021 with new color offerings in Metallic Moondust Gray / Metallic Spark Black. The Versys 650 ABS has an MSRP of $8,399 and the Versys 650 LT is priced at $9,299.
2021 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
• POWERFUL FUEL-EFFICIENT TWIN-CYLINDER ENGINE TUNED FOR STRONG LOW TO MID-RANGE POWER
• STANDARD ABS
• LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION
• 17-INCH CAST ALUMINUM WHEELS
• 3-WAY ADJUSTABLE WINDSCREEN
2021 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
Compact 649cc Twin-Cylinder, DOHC Engine
- Kawasaki Air Management System(KP) (KAMS) radiator fan cover helps direct hot engine air down to the ground and away from the rider.
- Compact parallel twin engine helps reduce the dimensions of the entire motorcycle to keep it small and nimble.
- Tuned to deliver strong, responsive power from 3-6,000 rpm for greater acceleration from a stop.
- Triangular crank and transmission shaft layout makes the engine very short from front to back, a semi-dry sump(KP) oil system reduces overall engine height, while the narrow pitch of the chrome composite(KP) plated aluminum cylinders helps reduce engine width.
- One-piece muffler and exhaust pipe helps boost top-end engine performance.
- Muffler with 3-way catalyzer and bullet-tip opening is mounted below the engine to help lower the center of gravity and aid weight centralization.
- 180-degree crankshaft plus balancer shaft for extremely smooth engine operation.
- Oil jets in the connecting rod big ends spray oil on the undersides of the pistons to aid cooling.
Digital Fuel Injection (KP)
- 38mm Keihin throttle bodies feature dual throttle valves(KP) for optimum performance and rideability. The sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valves, are controlled by the ECU so that the DFI® system has more precise throttle response, similar to a constant-velocity carburetor.
- Precise fuel injection plus exhaust catalyzer significantly reduce emissions.
- Automatic fast idle system makes starting and warm-up easy.
- Cassette-style transmission puts the transmission shafts and shift drum into a compact layout.
- Positive Neutral Finder, a Kawasaki exclusive user-friendly feature.
- Rubber front engine mounts help reduce vibration for rider comfort.
- Double-pipe perimeter-frame(KP) is simple and unique and contributes to light handling character. A backbone-style rear subframe keeps the seat narrow for an easy reach to the ground while allowing a thick cushion for comfort.
- Strong rear sub-frame accommodates accessory direct-mount saddlebags and optional accessory top case can be mounted at same time for increased touring capacity.
- Swingarm contributes to light, easy handling. Gull-wing shape on the right side allows clearance for the aggressive muffler design.
Triple Petal Design Brake Discs
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) helps assist braking under certain conditions and features a compact Bosch control unit to save space and weight.
- Nissin brake calipers convey a sporty image and contain front and rear brake specific pads; the front providing strong initial bite and the rear offering optimum control and high overall brake force.
- Large rear petal brake disc helps handle heavier loads when accessories are added.
- Front brake calipers have large 27mm pistons for excellent brake feel.
- Petal design offers improved cooling and warp resistance.
Showa Front Fork
- Derived from high-spec forks on Kawasaki Ninja® sportbikes, the Showa fork separates damping and spring functions into each fork leg. Rebound damping adjustability is in the right fork leg and spring preload in the left leg.
Single-shock Rear Suspension
- The rear shock has a remote hydraulic preload adjuster that allows the rider to conveniently change preload, without tools, for various load conditions.
- Aluminum gull-wing swingarm and offset, laydown single rear shock complement the frame design to create an integrated line flowing from the steering head to the rear hub.
- The footpegs are positioned for a relaxed riding position without compromising sport potential. The footpeg mounting plates are rubber mounted to help isolate the rider from vibration resin heel guards help prevent paint wear from the rider’s boots.
- Rubber-mounted handlebars help reduce vibration reaching the rider.
- Passenger grips provide a stylish handhold and accommodate the optional KQR (Kawasaki Quick Release) 28-liter Saddlebags.
- Upper and side cowlings combine with tail cowl to provide a sharp sport image.
- Windscreen adds to rider comfort and uses knobs so that the operator can move the windscreen over its 2.4 inch range without using tools.
2021 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $8399 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Engine Type 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head, Parallel Twin
Displacement 649 cc
Bore & Stroke 83.0 x 60.0 mm
Maximum Torque 47.0 lb-ft @ 7,000 rpm
Compression Ratio 10.8:1
Fuel System DFI with Keihin 38mm Throttle Bodies (2)
Transmission 6-Speed with Positive Neutral Finder
Final Drive Sealed Chain
Rake/Trail 25°/4.3 in.
Front Wheel Travel 5.9 in.
Rear Wheel Travel 5.7 in.
Front Tire Size 120/70-17
Rear Tire Size 160/60-17
Wheelbase 55.7 in.
Front Suspension 41mm Hydraulic Telescopic Fork with Stepless Adjustable Rebound Damping
(right side)and Adjustable Preload
Rear Suspension Offset Laydown Single Shock with Adjustable Rebound Damping
and Remote Adjustable Preload
Front Brake Type Dual 300mm Petal Disc with 2-Piston Caliper, ABS
Rear Brake Type Single 250mm Petal Disc, ABS
Fuel Tank Capacity 5.5 gal.
Seat Height 33.1 in.
Curb Weight= 476 lb.
Warranty 12 months
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
(Specifications subject to change without notice.)
= Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
(KP) = See Kaw-Pedia section for more details.* = Changes from previous model year.
2021 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
2021 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).