2023 Honda CRF50F: THE START OF ADVENTURE.
Introducing the 2023 Honda CRF50F…
Built for the next generation of riders, the CRF50F is responsible for introducing countless young enthusiasts to the world of motorcycling. A reliable 49cc air-cooled four-stroke engine provides tractable power, while the shock and inverted fork deliver a comfortable, controlled ride. Available for 2023 in Red and a new White color, the CRF50F has a low seat height and automatic clutch that allow new riders to focus on the basics. Parents and guardians appreciate its unparalleled reliability, easy maintenance and year-round off-road-legal status in all 50 states, making the CRF50F the best-selling 50cc trail bike in the powersports industry.
Some are lucky enough to discover it from an early age.
Easy to start, easy to use, and always fun. Widely recognised as the quintessential mini bike, the CRF50F is the choice of first-time riders the world over. Its inverted fork, 49cc engine, easy-shifting gearbox with automatic clutch and low seat height make the CRF50F a cinch to ride. Built strong and solid, with big bike styling and racy new graphics, this CRF will soon have the fun meters of the smallest riders in the family running red – Honda red.
THE TRAIL TO SUCCESS
Remember your first motorcycle ride? Of course you do. So when it’s time to introduce your young rider to their first bike, make sure you choose one that will guarantee they have good memories forever too. And the best choice, of course, is the legendary Honda CRF50F. Just the right size. World-famous reliability. Tough as nails. And best of all, a ton of fun. Features like its four-stroke engine mean they’ll enjoy smooth power delivery. The automatic clutch means they can focus on the fundamentals without worrying about stalling. Thanks to the adjustable throttle limiter and keyed ignition you can control its power and who gets to ride. Big-bike graphics inspired by our factory motocross champions make them proud to ride, and there’s even a fresh, new color scheme this year in addition to the classic Honda red. The CRF50F is a winner in all categories—especially when it comes to great memories.
2023 Honda CRF50F Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Durable, low-maintenance engine
If there’s one thing you can count on with a Honda, it’s the engine. The CRF50F’s Honda four-stroke is famously reliable, letting your young rider spend more time riding.
A removable key helps ensure younger riders can’t ride without an adult’s supervision. Got their homework done early? Let’s go riding!
Adjustable throttle limiter
Set the top speed by turning a screw. That helps keep new riders from going too fast, too soon, and lets you match the CRF50F’s power output to the rider’s skill level.
Rugged steel frame
New riders are hard on equipment, especially when they’re just starting out. That’s why the CRF50F uses a strong steel frame that’s built to handle the bumps and dings of off-road riding.<br><br>
Because there’s no clutch lever to master, new riders don’t have to worry about stalling. That makes the CRF50F’s smooth shifting, three speed transmission, the perfect tool for learning how to ride and how to shift gears.
Designed to fit young riders
The CRF50F’ is designed to fit young riders. The low seat height, lightweight design and small-size control levers will help your young rider build confidence right from the start
Honda Announces 2023 CRF Trail Family
- The trail-bike line continues to deliver industry-leading performance and reliability
- CRF50F and CRF110F available in Red and White color ways for 2023
ALPHARETTA, Georgia (August 5, 2022) – American Honda confirmed the return of its CRF Trail family, the most popular line of trail motorcycles in the industry. From the full-size CRF250F, to the pint-size CRF50F, the four-model lineup is renowned for its on-trail performance, reliability and ease of maintenance.
The CRF Trail range of motorcycles suits riders of all sizes and abilities. The easy-to-ride CRF50F is the smallest in the lineup, built for the next generation of riders, with an automatic clutch, low seat height and reliable 49cc four-stroke engine. Thanks in part to its approachable nature, clean-running fuel injection system and push-button electric start, the CRF110F is the industry’s top-selling dirt bike. In addition to the iconic Honda red, the CRF50F and CRF110F are also available in new colors designed to appeal to a wider variety of young riders. Praised for its reliable performance—and available in two sizes—the CRF125F is the midpoint of the lineup, ideal for new and young riders thanks to its smooth, linear power. Also returning for 2023, the capable and versatile CRF250F inspires confidence on the trail, making it a great option for riders of all skill levels.
2023 Honda CRF50F Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
ENGINE / DRIVETRAIN
For youngsters who are new to riding, the priority is having fun, while parents typically look for reliability and ease of maintenance. The CRF50F’s little SOHC power plant delivers both, along with a quiet exhaust note and a USDA-approved spark arrestor.
- Dependable 49cc SOHC four-stroke engine develops smooth, easy-to-use power.
- 10.0:1 compression ratio for good performance and easy kick starting.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- 11mm piston-valve carburetor offers excellent fuel mileage and throttle response throughout the rpm range.
- Smooth-shifting three-speed transmission and automatic clutch offer simple operation and easy takeoffs.
- Durable #420 drive chain offers dependable operation and low maintenance.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester is efficient and quiet.
- Closed-crankcase ventilation system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Adjustable throttle limiter.
- Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorized use.
- Easy-access washable foam air filter simplifies maintenance.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
With a kid-friendly layout and low seat height, the CRF50F is unintimidating for young new riders, but serious features like an inverted fork and single-shock rear suspension mean this motorcycle also delivers performance. In addition, colors and graphics that mimic those of the CRF Performance line spark little riders’ phantasies as they play Hunter and Jett Lawrence make-believe.
- High-tensile steel frame and swingarm offer excellent balance of strength and compliance.
- Inverted telescopic fork offers a plush 3.7 inches of suspension travel.
- Single-shock rear suspension provides 2.7 inches of well-damped travel and is mounted to a reinforced swingarm.
- 28-spoke, 10-inch-diameter wheels with die-cast-aluminum hubs look great, provide excellent maneuverability and offer smooth ride quality.
- Powerful, lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
- Wide, long-wearing off-road tires offer excellent traction.
- Front and rear suspension spring and damping rates for optimum rider comfort and bump absorption.
- CRF-R-inspired bodywork, with colors and graphics that celebrate the Honda Racing lineage.
- Narrow 4.3-inch-wide CRF-type seat, slim fuel tank and extra-low 21.6-inch seat height provide excellent comfort and mobility for a broad range of young riders.
- Motocross-style handlebar with padded protector.
- High-quality, comfortable grips.
- Folding, cleated foot pegs offer secure footing even in muddy conditions.
- Durable plastic fenders are nearly indestructible.
2023 Honda CRF50F – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: from $1699 USD
Canada MSRP Price: from $2149 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
|49cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
|Bore x Stroke
|39.0mm x 41.4mm
|11mm piston-valve carburetor
|#420 chain; 14T/37T
|Inverted telescopic fork; 3.7 in. travel
|Single shock; 2.7 in. travel
|Rake (castor angle)
|32mm (1.3 in.)
|0.7 gal. incl. 0.2-gal. reserve
|*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride
|Meets current CARB and EPA off-road emissions standards
2023 Honda CRF50F – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
Engine & Drivetrain
Engine Type Air-cooled single-cylinder
Displacement 49 cc
Bore & Stroke 39 mm x 41.4 mm
Compression Ratio 10:1
Valve Train SOHC, two valves
Fuel Delivery Single 13 mm piston-valve carb
Transmission 3-speed with automatic clutch
Final Drive #420 chain; 14T/37T
Chassis & Suspension
Front Suspension Telescopic fork; 87 mm (3.4 in.) travel
Rear Suspension Single shock; 70 mm (2.8 in.) travel
Dimensions & Additional Information
Tires Front: 2.5-10
Brakes Front: drum
Ground Clearance 152 mm (6.0 in.)
Seat Height 548 mm (21.6 in.)
Wheelbase 911 mm (35.9 in.)
Curb Weight 50 kg (111 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 2.6 litres, including 0.7-litre reserve
Colour Extreme Red
Warranty 6 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
2023 Honda CRF50F – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Bore × Stroke (mm) 39 x 41.4
Carburation 11mm Piston-Valve Carburetor
Compression Ratio 10:1
Engine Displacement (cc) 49
Engine Type Air-cooled 4-stroke 2-valve SOHC single
Brakes Front 80mm leading/trailing drum
Brakes Rear 80mm leading/trailing drum
Suspension Front 21.7mm inverted telescopic fork, 87mm axle travel
Suspension Rear Monoshock with cantilever-type swingarm, 70mm axle travel
Tyre Size Front 2.50 10 (33)
Tyre Size Rear 2.50 10 (33)
Wheels Front Steel rim/wire spoke
Wheels Rear Steel rim/wire spoke
Dimensions and Weights
Caster Angle 25°
Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm) 1,302 x 581 x 774
Frame type Mono-backbone; steel tube
Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres) 2.6 litres (including reserve)
Ground Clearance (mm) 146
Kerb Weight (kg) 50
Seat Height (mm) 548
Trail (mm) 32
Wheelbase (mm) 911
Final Drive #420 Roller Chain
Gearbox 3-speed with automatic clutch
Instruments and Electrics
Ignition System Capacitor discharge (CDI)
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).