Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
– 2000 Honda GL1500A Gold Wing Aspencade
The legendary Gold Wing celebrates 25 years of success with 25th Anniversary Edition badges and special chrome accents.
New for 2000
· Distinctive 25th Anniversary Edition badges mounted on the trunk, chrome front fairing garnish above the headlight, and the console.
· Chromed engine valve covers.
· High-contrast black instrument faces are easy to read.
· 1520cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine is rubber-mounted for exceptional smoothness, placed low in the chassis for superb maneuverability, and produces more torque than any other engine in its class.
· Slow-speed reverse system.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic valve adjusters and a quiet, reliable belt-driven camshaft system.
· Two computer-monitored 36mm constant-velocity (CV) downdraft carburetors.
· Exhaust tips feature Valkyrie-inspired triple-tip diffusers and provide a throaty exhaust note.
· Precise-shifting five-speed transmission includes overdrive fifth.
· Efficient six-into-two exhaust system.
· Smooth, quiet and virtually lash-free shaft-drive system.
· Powerful, 546-watt alternator.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch.
· Large-capacity dual radiators.
· Digital ignition system.
· Computer-designed steel frame offers exceptional strength.
· Plush, 41mm front fork offers a compliant, controlled ride.
· Torque Reactive Anti-dive Control (TRAC) reduces front-end dive during braking.
· Air-adjustable front and rear suspension for varying loads and conditions. On-board compressor makes it easy to adjust rear suspension pressure.
· Honda’s integrated triple-disc braking system offers exceptional stopping power.
· Cast aluminum wheels are lightweight and strong.
· Enormous, 6.3-gallon fuel tank offers exceptional touring range.
· High-mileage touring tires.
· Chrome cylinder head covers feature integrally cast “1500” emblem, highlighted by engine guard design.
· Beautiful front lighting signature and rear lighting array.
· Attractive chrome-plated front fairing garnish and rear trunk trim enhance appearance.
· Superbly comfortable rider and passenger seats provide unparalleled comfort and support.
· Specially designed luggage features an integrated, centrally located locking system and more usable storage capacity than any other touring machine.
· Soft, removable trunk and saddlebaginner bags.
· Full-logic 25-watt stereo system with AM/FM auto-reverse cassette, automatic volume control, search, ambiance, muting, six station presets and intercom.
· Large, easily adjustable windshield offers unparalleled wind and weather protection for the rider and passenger.
· Electronic cruise control system.
· Self-canceling turn signals.
· Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols instead of word labels.
· On-board air compressor system with auxiliary outlet.
· Extensive tool kit.
· Dual helmet locks.
· Fold-down antenna for easy storage.
· Padded passenger hand rails.
· Dual horns.
· Flow-through ventilation system.
· Handy storage compartments in passenger armrests.
· Low, 29.1-inch seat height and narrow sidecovers allow easy footing at stops, increasing rider confidence and machine handling ease.
· Dual headlights.
· Easy-to-use centerstand.
· Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
· Three-year limited warranty on factory installed audio system.
· Transferable three-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· CB radio.
· CB antenna kit.
· Rear speaker kit.
· Passenger audio controller.
· Headset for open-face or full-face helmets.
· Cornering light kit.
· Fairing marker lights.
· Saddlebag marker lights.
· Tail marker light.
· Trunk marker light.
· Trunk light, with or without mirror.
· Cycle cover.
· Front nose mask.
· Front fender trim.
· Front mudguard.
· Saddlebag scuff pad set.
· Saddlebag/trunk mat set.
· Saddlebag/trunk chrome rail set.
· Rear spoiler.
· Trunk lower spoiler.
· Chrome undercowl set, rear.
· Color-coordinated helmets.
five-speed constant-mesh with overdrive fifth gear & electric reverse
Dual discs with twin-piston calipers
single disc with twin-piston calipers integrated with one front disc
41mm fork with TRAC anti-dive 140mm of travel
air-assisted (right-hand only) dual shocks; 105 mm of travel
740 mm (29.1 in.)
24 litres (5.3 imp.gal.)
1520cc liquid-cooled horizontally-opposed six-cylinder
365 kg. (803 lb.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.