2008 Kawasaki KLX110
Back to 2008 Kawasaki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
– 2008 Kawasaki KLX110
2008 Kawasaki KLX110
Four-stroke power with easy handling and thrilling fun for kids of all ages
Offering broad appeal — for young beginners mastering the art of off-road motorcycling to anyone seeking a dependable play bike — it is no surprise the KLX™110 is such a big hit. The perfect choice for exploring a favorite campground or ripping-up the nearest mini-moto track, the KLX110 has you covered!
Power for the KLX110 comes from a user-friendly 111cc air-cooled, two-valve, four-stroke engine, and features a screw-type adjustable throttle limiter. This easily accessible feature allows parents to adjust the speed for younger riders.
The engine’s tractable power is delivered to the rear knobby via an easy-shifting, semi-automatic three-speed transmission, complete with centrifugal clutch. Newer riders gain confidence quickly by focusing on the basics of steering and balance instead of throttle/clutch coordination.
The frame for the KLX110 is constructed of high-tensile steel, and its race-bred styling and graphics will undoubtedly please young motocross fans. The compact fuel tank, seat, sporty shrouds and number plates were all plucked from Kawasaki’s smallest competition motocross machine, the popular KX™65.
– Low 25.6-inch seat height
– Four-stroke, single-cylinder engine is user-friendly for entry-level riders yet fun enough for advanced riders
– Lay-down engine design for low center of gravity
– Three-speed semi-automatic transmission with centrifugal clutch provides entry-level riders with shifting experience, but without the distraction of clutch actuation
– Engine starts only in neutral for added safety
– Screw-type throttle limiter allows parents to monitor and control their child’s speed
– Large engine stop switch is within easy reach on the handlebar
– 30mm telescopic conventional fork with 4.3 inches of travel
– Single hydraulic shock with 4.2 inches of travel
– 14-inch front and 12-inch rear knobby tires provide good traction off-road
– High-tensile steel backbone frame is strong yet lightweight
– Sporty-looking fuel tank, seat, shrouds and number plates are same as the KX65 motocross bike
– Strategically placed heat shields provide extra protection from the exhaust pipe
– U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor comes as standard equipment
– Available in two color options –Lime Green or Bright White
SPECIFICATIONS USA – 2008 Kawasaki KLX110:
Engine: Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single
Bore x stroke: 53.0 x 50.6mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Carburetion: Keihin PB18
Transmission: Three-speed with automatic clutch
Final drive: Chain
Frame: Backbone frame, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 25.5 degrees / 2.1 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 30mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 4.3 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Swingarm with single hydraulic shock / 4.2 in.
Front tire: 2.50×14
Rear tire: 3.00×12
Front brake / rear brake: Mechanical Drum / Mechanical drum
Overall length: 61.2 in.
Overall width: 26.0 in.
Overall height: 37.6
Ground clearance: 7.5 in.
Seat height: 25.6 in.
Dry weight: 141.1 lbs.
Wheelbase: 41.9 in.
Fuel capacity: 1.0 gal.
Color choices: Lime Green, Bright White
Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, Calif. 92618
SPECIFICATIONS Canada – 2008 Kawasaki KLX110:
Type 4-stroke, single
Displacement 111 cc
Bore and Stroke 53 x 50.6 mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Valve System SOHC, 2 valves
Carburetion Keihin PB18
Lubrication Forced lubrication, wet sump
Transmission 3-speed, return
Final Drive Chain
Final Reduction Ratio 2.357 (33/14)
Clutch Automatic wet centrifugal and wet multi-disc
Type Backbone, high tensile steel
Wheel Travel: Front 110 mm
Wheel Travel: Rear 107 mm
Tires: Front 2.50-14 4PR
Tires: Rear 3.00-12 4PR
Caster (Rake) 25.5°
Trail 54 mm
Front Telescopic fork
Rear Single shock swingarm
Overall Length 1555 mm
Overall Width 660 mm
Overall Height 955 mm
Wheelbase 1065 mm
Seat Height 650 mm
Dry Weight 64 kg
Fuel Capacity 3.8 L
Good Times Protection Plan 24 or 36 months (Kawasaki GTPP coverage begins after standard limited warranty expires)
Warranty 6 months
Colour Lime Green
Specifications and features are subject to change