2009 Honda CBR600RR
Back to 2009 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda CBR600RR
2009 Honda CBR600RR
The amazing CBR600RR combines radical performance with everyday practicality in a way that’ll blow your socks off. With most 600s, you get either a great track bike that’s high-strung and uncomfortable on the street, or a great streetbike that lacks the right stuff for track days or race wins. With the CBR600RR, we found a way to achieve superior track and street performance in one amazing bike.
Like the bigger CBR1000RR, the CBR600RR is proof of how good a sportbike can be. On the track or street, there‚s simply no better 600-class bike, as back-to-back AMA FX titles and “Best Middleweight Supersport” crowns from industry experts attest. Weight, performance, horsepower, handling—this MotoGP-bred machine is packed with the features that set Hondas apart.
A winner on the racetrack and in magazine comparison tests, the light, compact and powerful Honda CBR600RR raises performance standards to new heights in the middleweight class, and is now available with electronic Combined ABS.
New for 2009
– Increased mid-range power.
– New bodywork for a sleek, race-ready look.
– New lightweight turn signals.
– Radial-mounted monoblock four-piston front calipers.
– CBR600RR ABS equipped with patented, electronically controlled Combined ABS, delivering the benefits of Combined Braking System (CBS) and the benefits of Anti-lock Braking System (ABS).
– Exciting new colors: Red/Black, Black/Bright Green Metallic, Metallic Black, Phoenix, Pearl White/Pearl Blue/Red (2009 special color†).
– Exclusive, MotoGP-derived Unit Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section).
– Dual Stage Fuel Injection System (PGM-DSFI) features two injectors per cylinder (see Technology Section).
– MotoGP-derived Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) (see Technology Section).
– High-revving engine redlines at 15,000 rpm.
– MotoGP-style center-up exhaust system.
– 41mm Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) inverted front fork (see Technology Section).
– Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization for a more compact frame design.
– Line-beam headlights feature three-piece multi -reflector design.
– Liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 599cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67mm x 42.5mm.
– Idle-Air Control Valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smoothes response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake.
– Oil jets located beneath the pistons for extra friction reduction and cooling.
Iridium-tip spark plugs improve fuel combustion and performance.
– Non-resonance knock sensor maintains optimum spark advance while constantly monitoring combustion performance during mid- to high-rpm operation.
– Nose-mounted, two-stage ram-air system provides high volume of cool air to the airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
– Lightweight magnesium head cover.
– Cylinder head features angled valve insets to improve airflow.
– Cylinder head features two springs per intake valve and one spring per exhaust valve for optimum high-rpm valve operation and durability.
– Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability with 16,000-mile maintenance intervals.
– Lightweight, forged-aluminum pistons incorporate special shot peening for added strength.
– Nutless connecting rods contribute to reduced weight and quicker acceleration.
– Light neodymium magnet ACG.
– Lightweight stainless-steel four-into-one exhaust features inline-exhaust valve to control exhaust pressure for increased performance.
– Double-pivot tensioner for cam-chain durability.
– Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission with ratios closely matched to the engine’s powerband.
– Hollow Fine Die-Cast (DC) frame uses four large castings for ultra light weight (see Technology Section).
– Light aluminum steering stem.
– 41mm inverted HMAS cartridge front fork features spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability for precise suspension tuning (see Technology Section).
– Exclusive, MotoGP-derived Unit Pro-Link Rear Suspension (see Technology Section).
– Radial-mounted monoblock four-piston front calipers feature chromium-plated aluminum pistons and squeeze lightweight 310mm floating discs in front and a 220mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper for exceptional stopping power.
– Vertical-piston master-cylinder system produces superior leverage ratio at the front brake lever for higher braking efficiency, excellent feel, and controllability. This layout permits the use of a longer brake lever, which means more braking force with less effort from the rider.
– CBR600RR ABS features Honda’s electronic Combined ABS. This all-new ECM-controlled, hydraulically actuated system provides accurate braking force distribution to both wheels. ABS is controlled by a hydro-electronic unit and stroke simulator to ensure precise operation. Benefits include consistent lever pressure without the pulsing often associated with ABS systems. Application of rear brake does not result in immediate front brake activation unless lock-up is sensed, allowing an experienced rider to use rear brake in a normal manner during spirited riding. Combined ABS components are smaller and lighter than conventional hydraulic ABS designs, and have been located closer to the center of the machine, enhancing mass centralization and reducing unsprung weight.
– Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider comfort for minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
– Centrally mounted 4.8-gallon fuel tank is positioned low in the frame, increasing mass centralization and allowing a more compact design.
– Plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
– Line-beam headlights feature three-piece multi – reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and a unique compact design.
– Instrumentation is very compact and features LCD panel with tachometer, odometer, twin tripmeters, speedometer, fuel gauge and clock.
– Attractive, hollow-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels feature race-spec 3.5 x 17.0-inch front and 5.5 x 17.0-inch rear dimensions.
– One-piece fan assembly for maximum cooling efficiency.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Compact rear-cowl storage compartment for U-type locking devices under the passenger seat (lock not included).
– Pivoting, aerodynamic mirrors.
– Integrated ignition-switch/fork lock for added security.
– Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
– Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA – certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider’s Club of America® (HRCA®).
Honda Genuine Accessories
– Color-Matched Passenger Seat Cowl.
– CBR® Racing Cycle Cover (indoors).
– Carbon-Fiber Accents.
– †Limited color run, less than 500
2009 Honda CBR600RR – USA Specifications
MSRP: $9,799 USD
Engine Type 599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke 67mm x 42.5mm
Induction Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) with 40mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorized with three-dimensional mapping
Compression Ratio 12.2:1
Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder
Transmission Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive #525 O-ring chain
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 41mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring-preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
Rear Suspension Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 inches travel
Front Brake Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310 mm discs
Rear Brake Single 220m m disc
Front Tire 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear Tire 180/55ZR-17 radial
Rake (Caster Angle): 23.5°
Trail 97.7mm (3.8 inches)
Wheelbase 53.9 inches
Seat Height 32.3 inches
Curb Weight 410 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Available Colors Red / Black, Black / Bright Green Metallic, Metallic Black, Phoenix, [Pearl White / Pearl Blue / Red – limited edition]
Model ID CBR600RR
Emissions Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment
Note Raises performance standards to new heights
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
2009 Honda CBR600RR – Canada Specifications
MSRP: $12,499- $12,799 CDN
Engine Type Liquid-cooled inline-four
Displacement 599 cc
Bore & Stroke 67 mm x 42.5 mm
Compression Ratio 12.2:1
Valve Train Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Fuel Delivery Dual Stage Fuel Injection
Transmission Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive O-ring-sealed chain
Front Suspension 41 mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with full adjustability; 119 mm (4.7 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Unit Pro-Link HMAS single shock with full adjustability; 130 mm (5.1 in.) travel
Tires 120/70ZR – 17 radial front; 180/55ZR – 17 radial rear
Brakes Front dual 310 mm discs with radial-mounted four-piston calipers; rear single 220 mm disc with single-piston caliper
Seat Height 820mm (32.3 inches)
Wheelbase 1,369mm (53.9 inches)
Curb Weight TBA
Fuel Capacity 18.1 litres
Colour Graphite Black/Heavy Grey Metallic, Graphite Black/Bright Green Metallic, Exclusive Edition – Tricolour (Not available from all Dealers)