She's finally asleep...

Message
Author
User avatar
Greg .
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:25 pm
Sex: Male
Location: Hillsborough, NC

#21 Unread post by Greg . » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:49 am

Well .. I'm still confused and am wondering which part(s) are true ... and which aren't? :?

User avatar
Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Posts: 3806
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:34 pm
Real Name: Johnny Strabler
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning
Location: Kansas City KS

#22 Unread post by Johnj » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:58 am

Greg . It's the internet...weird things happen out here, and you have to look at everything and everybody a little suspiciously.

User avatar
Greg .
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:25 pm
Sex: Male
Location: Hillsborough, NC

#23 Unread post by Greg . » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:55 am

Oh ... I know. Believe me. I've been on the internet since 1993 ... so for about 16 years. Sad that some folks just can't be themselves.

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:20 pm
Sex: Male
Location: Texas

#24 Unread post by Ryethil » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Wrider wrote:A lot of you guys are newer than us old innernet hands... lol
Logitech 104 and Logitech 105 refers to a kid who came online as Logitech 104 and was basically like any of us, wanted to learn to ride and such, 105 was his sister that came on and also learned and everything. Turns out he was a scammer, he posted up one day that she had been hit and killed, and we almost started a collection for the family. Members in the area hadn't heard anything about an accident so we started investigating. One of the members found his phone number, turns out he'd done the same thing to other forums, scamming them to make a quick buck off of collections.
Bad memories for a lot of us.
Sorry, did not know that such things happened. I was just scared and tried talking to keep myself healthy until they gave that last shot.

If I had know it would cause this much trouble for everyone, I would never have done it. When I woke up, it was all over and I was scared that people would hate me but I hoped not. Sorry!!!

I never wanted anything from ya'll except that someone might care. I really should of not even done that because everyone was around me for most of the night. I was just alone and the night started to close in I guess.

However, if you do want to send money, please send in unmarked $20s :laughing:

Anyway, I guess I screwed up again. :oops:
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]

User avatar
indiGO
Regular
Regular
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:28 pm
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '08 650 v-strom
Location: Victoria - BC

#25 Unread post by indiGO » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:11 pm

fireguzzi wrote:
Flipper wrote:This is just too much drama.... :roll:
So much that I am on the verge of calling it all B.S. :?

If it's not, then wow.
If you won't call it I will.

PioneerUrban
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:50 pm
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Rebel
Location: Ohio

#26 Unread post by PioneerUrban » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:57 pm

Gunslinger wrote:Will Pooh ever ride again? Will the drunk driver who hit her ever awake from his deep coma? Will Pooh be able to forgive Laura's long term abuse? Find out next week on an all new episode of Dykes on Bikes. :D
That post is inappropriate and I think that apologizes are owed to this girl. And, for a mod to condone the post! Completely unbelievable.

Dykes on Bikes! I call BS on that! That was competely uncalled for and you owe her an apology.

I thought that this site was for the support of all bikers and people wanting to learn how to ride. Not to ridicule and make fun of others, especially when they are hurt and in the hospital, after having a wreck.

Not a single one of us knows if the story is true or not. None of us were there, none of us knows the girl. All we know is what she says and that is what we have to go on.

So as fellow bikers both male and female, we should be showing our support for her during her recovery period and be thankful that she wasn't killed, like so many other of our brother and sister bikers.

That could be you in the hospital, then come on here tell your story and people start calling BS. How would you feel?

Ryethil, I sincerely hope that you get well soon!!

Here's to a speedy recovery, so you can ride again! :)
Current Ride:

2005 Honda Rebel 250

Used to own:

1992 Kawasaki Ninja 250: Sold
2001 Kawasaki Eliminator 125: Sold

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:20 pm
Sex: Male
Location: Texas

#27 Unread post by Ryethil » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:12 pm

PioneerUrban wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:Will Pooh ever ride again? Will the drunk driver who hit her ever awake from his deep coma? Will Pooh be able to forgive Laura's long term abuse? Find out next week on an all new episode of Dykes on Bikes. :D
That post is inappropriate and I think that apologizes are owed to this girl. And, for a mod to condone the post! Completely unbelievable.

Dykes on Bikes! I call BS on that! That was competely uncalled for and you owe her an apology.

I thought that this site was for the support of all bikers and people wanting to learn how to ride. Not to ridicule and make fun of others, especially when they are hurt and in the hospital, after having a wreck.

Not a single one of us knows if the story is true or not. None of us were there, none of us knows the girl. All we know is what she says and that is what we have to go on.

So as fellow bikers both male and female, we should be showing our support for her during her recovery period and be thankful that she wasn't killed, like so many other of our brother and sister bikers.

That could be you in the hospital, then come on here tell your story and people start calling BS. How would you feel?

Ryethil, I sincerely hope that you get well soon!!

Here's to a speedy recovery, so you can ride again! :)
:surrender:
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Posts: 5285
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:46 pm
Real Name: Ryan
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Contact:

#28 Unread post by Wrider » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:52 am

Hey guys, I think about it this way.

She's not asking for money.
She's entertaining in the very least.
She's given a lot of useful info to a lot of people.
She's shown herself to be caring overall.

Why call BS?

Only one thing I can find inconsistency on is that she helped out the drivers that hit her but she can't walk. But adrenaline can do amazing things to the body. Mothers lifting SUVs off of toddlers and the like. Plus they might have been on the ground anyway.

Either way, point is that unlike Logitech 104/105 she's been useful and helpful, and isn't scamming. So relax a bit and we can all get along.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

PioneerUrban
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:50 pm
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Rebel
Location: Ohio

#29 Unread post by PioneerUrban » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:46 am

Wrider wrote:Hey guys, I think about it this way.

She's not asking for money.
She's entertaining in the very least.
She's given a lot of useful info to a lot of people.
She's shown herself to be caring overall.

Why call BS?

Only one thing I can find inconsistency on is that she helped out the drivers that hit her but she can't walk. But adrenaline can do amazing things to the body. Mothers lifting SUVs off of toddlers and the like. Plus they might have been on the ground anyway.

Either way, point is that unlike Logitech 104/105 she's been useful and helpful, and isn't scamming. So relax a bit and we can all get along.
I agree 100%!

Remember it can be any one of you in that situation, banged up, hurt, maybe not able to ever walk again.

Alot of you should be showing some compassion for a fellow biker.
Current Ride:

2005 Honda Rebel 250

Used to own:

1992 Kawasaki Ninja 250: Sold
2001 Kawasaki Eliminator 125: Sold

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:33 am
Sex: Male
Location: Colorado/USA/NA

#30 Unread post by slimcolo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:46 am

I be confused about this Dykes on Bikes thing.

Is this a sort of insult or is it a reference to the actual club Dykes on Bikes?

(YEAH that club does exist and not just in Frisco but inter-nationally, there is also a Boulder, CO based bicycle group that uses the same name)

And Gunslinger, even though your sarcastic remark pointed out that this was sounding a bit like a soap, You crossed a bit over the line with that one! Hell yes it was funny, but you are getting to the point of being personally insulting to those involved.

Ryethil wish you the best of luck and hope you have a fast recovery.

PioneerUrban
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:50 pm
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Rebel
Location: Ohio

#31 Unread post by PioneerUrban » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:21 pm

It ws a direct and delibrate insult towards Alex.

Still no sign of a public apology to her.

What a shame.
Current Ride:

2005 Honda Rebel 250

Used to own:

1992 Kawasaki Ninja 250: Sold
2001 Kawasaki Eliminator 125: Sold

User avatar
PacificShot327
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:51 pm
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
Location: Dallas, TX

#32 Unread post by PacificShot327 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:31 pm

slimcolo wrote: And Gunslinger, even though your sarcastic remark pointed out that this was sounding a bit like a soap, You crossed a bit over the line with that one! Hell yes it was funny, but you are getting to the point of being personally insulting to those involved.
If she wants to play with the boys, she's gotta take a hit like the boys.

If Alex is insulted by that particular comment, please, let her step forward and say something. She doesn't need teh intarwebs ossifers to come to her defense.

Although some things don't really add up, I don't believe she's out to scam anyone, or anything like that. So let's be a jolly group and take the occasional opportunity to poke fun at one another. Like Dave Chappelle - equal opportunity racist comedian (funny guy).
"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor." Alexis Carrel

Ryethil
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:20 pm
Sex: Male
Location: Texas

#33 Unread post by Ryethil » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:37 pm

PioneerUrban wrote:It ws a direct and delibrate insult towards Alex.

Still no sign of a public apology to her.

What a shame.
PioneerUrban,

Please don't...

I've never been shown any better so it's always the same. There are so many good people that have replied that I'm not leaving and if certain people don't want to play then I can't let ir affect what I need to do. I'm actually happy with friends I made here.

:clapping:

Don't hurt yourself by trying to help me or lessen your own enjoyment of this forum. In the end, we're only strangers anyway...

Please, everyone, just let these threads just die.

:rockon:
Alex
It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. WtPooh

My First Custom, Late 90's Sportster, Heavily Breathed On, Big Block, S&S HP Heads, Custom High Performance Pipes. Wickedly fast, Uncomfortable, Front end is a jackhammer. Age 18yrs, Still have the bike!

[img]http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/Ryethil/user28512_pic25609_1235625747-1.jpg[/img]

User avatar
BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Posts: 4723
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:02 am
Real Name: Never Used Here
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle
Location: Buttfluck Nowhere, Manitoba

#34 Unread post by BuzZz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:14 pm

O.K. kids.

I moved all the 'disputed' posts I cared to find to the Soap Box. I left the original thread and anything about bikes where they were. If anyone cares to suggest more threads they want moved, let me know and I'll consider it.

Meantime, continue on with whatever it was you were doing. Cut the girl some slack and let her write whatever she likes if it helps her feel better. Read it or don't, as per your desire, comment, whine, cry, bleat or burp....whatever floats yer boat. Have fun with it, eh.

Everybody happy? Too bad, I'm all out of lollipops and right full of don'tgiveashit. Play nice. :mrgreen:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

Post Reply