High_Sides Trips and Pics

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#81 Unread post by Shorts » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:43 am

Sad to have to let bikes go, but I'm sure you'll find another that will suit.

Happy shopping 8)

High_Side
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 41
My Motorcycle: Multistrada, SuperDuke 990, Africa Twin

#82 Unread post by High_Side » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:42 am

Recently I was in San Diego for a conference and at the end of January, after two months of bike hibernation I had a need to take advantage of the great weather down south. I found a great place to rent a Harley through www.Eaglerider.com and booked myself an extra couple of days at the end of my conference. The conference turned out to be a good lead up to my ride as I spent a few days with some of the key Harley Davidson people, unfortunately at a time where they had just downsized their work-force. Nevertheless, these people were pretty genuine people that, after spending a few days with them made me want to get out on a Harley all the more.
Taking off on my first morning for freedom following the conference, I was taken to the complete opposite end of the city by a cab driver who apparently did not know "exactly where that place was" I ended up being 1 hour late for my ride. The bike I had booked was a Dyna Wide Glide but sitting right beside it was a Dyna Street Bob that exactly like the one I had recently checked out while in Kelowna at a Harley dealer. I pulled a switchero and I was off on my Hog.
As I really had no plan when I arrived (yep, I had asked for advice on this site but then promptly forgot about all of it), the girl at the rental shop sent me out to wonder east of the city. As soon as I got the chance I was off the beaten path trying to get lost.
What the he#!? I am almost in Mexico.....what is with this sign?
Despite the sign in the above picture, the weather was pretty great for late January. I was actually shocked how few motorcycles were on the road on such a beautiful day. Seriously, there was NOBODY out on the back-roads on any bikes which I found even more ironic after landing back in Calgary a few days later to see a surprising number of bikes on the road after a few days of melting snow :mrgreen: I believe that there is a marketing opportunity here: The Harley I rented was at a significantly reduced price due to it being "low season". If more Cannucks knew how cheap you could get on a bike and ride it through beautiful weather in the middle of January the rental business would be booming. I really had no idea.....
So off towards Joshua Tree Park to see stuff that I hadn't seen before. I didn't know what to expect but if they named it after my favorite U-2 album it must be alright :wink:
I stopped to get a picture as I rolled over the crest of a hill looking down on Palm Desert. If you look closely you can see a nice snaking highway down the hill. There is a little bit of Harley Davidson in just about every one of these corners (well there was just after I passed through)......I hope that this doesn't cost me the damage deposit :P
After Palm Desert I headed out on the Sony Bono Freeway(too damned funny) before heading in to the park. While the Harley felt great on the backroads the freeway started to make it a little uncomfortable while keeping up with traffic. It could do it, but it was definately much more jittery doing it than most anything else that I have been on lately.

Cruising through the first part of the park it seems like nothing more than a wasteland. It isn't until I split off of the main road to the west that the scenery changes and the trees don't disappoint. I find myself stopping often to grab a picture, looking for the grouping of rocks that was supposedly often used while filming the original Star-Trek. But alas there is no Leonard Nemoy Freeway to lead me there and they all end up looking the same.
To be continued....

High_Side

#83 Unread post by High_Side » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:20 pm

It was midway through the park when the gas gauge seemed to drop like a stone and I had visions of hitching a ride to get fuel before I got out of here. I switched in to conservation mode, with extreme short shifting and letting the bike idle along with the throttle just off of the stop at 45m.p.h. And then the Harley's charm dropped in: This is how this you need to ride this motorcycle. In the middle of nowhere, plodding along at an impossibly low R.P.M., letting the torque just push you. While I ridden Harleys before and consciously dialled it down, I had never dialled it down this much, nor have I had this kind of enjoyment out of riding one. You don't get any joy on this motorcycle by pushing through corners; you just putter through them and have great fun. You don't get anywhere quickly while doing so but it is a hell of a lot more fun than trying to push this type of bike in to doing something that it really does not want to do. I must be getting old enough to finally be able to enjoy a Harley for what it is. Not that I'm that old that I'm going to run out and buy one mind you....
To be continued...

High_Side

#84 Unread post by High_Side » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:19 pm

Coming out of the park, I quickly grabbed fuel and realized that the daylight would soon be gone. Without a real sense of how far I had to go the next day and how bad SoCal traffic would be, I decided to push on and make my way towards the coast. I really wish that I would have stopped east of LA to get a shot of the wind fields where a few dozen windmills grow in to several hundred over a few miles, but the sun was dropping and I really wanted to push onward. By the time I found a room, I was cold and hungry but the day was worth it!
Unfortunately, I started the next day with a phone call from work where a serious incident required me to get home as soon as I could. My easy cruise up the beach was distracted by the worries of home. Still, the opportunity to ride up the coast in the middle of winter couldn't be wasted and I enjoyed every minute of it that I wasn't on the phone. A few great backroads were passed by with my need to catch an earlier flight, but this part of the trip was all about the easy cruize and the scenery along the way.
It was sad to have to return the Harley after such a short ride. I was amazed shortly after picking up the bike to find out that it had over 45000 miles on it! The bike was extremely tight and felt more like it had 5000 miles on it which says as much about the maintenance that Eaglerider provides their bikes as it does Harley Davidson. It's definitely not a bike you buy for it's performance but the quality is there.
Hopefully this was enough to scratch the itch until the streets clear up in Calgary :mrgreen:

High_Side

#85 Unread post by High_Side » Tue May 19, 2009 10:37 pm

A nice little add-on for the Viffer arrived last weekend: :mrgreen:
It sounds great and weighs a solid 10-15lbs less than the stock muffler.
It felt great to finally get the VFR out to the mountains this year in what has been the latest, most miserable spring in recent memory.... hence the waterfalls are still frozen over!
The first trip with any distance involved was a ride to Field B.C. with a few people from the local motorcycle meet-up group. Great people....and they haven`t kicked me out yet!
You could store a Louisville Slugger in there :mrgreen: There is not much to slow the racket by looking at it, but it actually isn`t as offensive as the old VTR1000 ( Mike will be happy to know!)
This little creek would have been tempting for a swim if it were about 15 degrees warmer and the snow was missing along the beach!
And finally a shot of the old highway in to Field B.C.
High_Side

High_Side

#86 Unread post by High_Side » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:21 pm

So I finally got my head around buying a Speedtriple after all of these years. I had taken out a Street triple, and while it was a kick-azz bike the days of me owning the bike that you have to rev the dodo outta every time out are over. I love torque and the Speedy is the only way to get it in a naked Triumph three-banger. So I head to the dealership, prepared to pay list for a big flat black Speedy. But they are now sold out, and have no intention of bringing in any more. Gloss black is available, but it isn't an option for me after previously owning a gloss black bike (they don't respond well to scatches, lack of washes etc...). The attitude at the local dealer seals the deal, so I'm off to the local Ducati dealer where the Monster of Mrs. High-Side was purchased to crank out a deal on a new M1100. They do not have any bikes as they appear to be getting shut-out from Ducati North America (in a real Honda-esque type of move). I leave frustrated but a couple of days later I get a call from the other local Ducati shop (the expensive latte for all customers one) and they offer me a test ride based on info that they got from me at the bike show. They turn out to be great and after a test ride I am ready to buy but I really wanted them to swap out the body work to kit out a white on red bike for me. They needed to think about it so I went on the internet and found a new Buell 1125CR for $4Gs less than the Monster! I always said if Eric Buell put an actual motor in one of his contraptions I would buy it, so now was the time to buck up. I arrange with Mrs. High-Side to keep the old Viffer and buy the Buell as it would cost less than the new Monster! I love it when a plan comes together. So I arrange to see the salesman on Saturday to seal the deal. One last look on kijiji before I leave and I'll be off. This changes everything. As of today there is a new (to me):

...in the garage!

Yep, what the hell was I thinking? I am getting too old for this dodo but the addiction to snorty twins runs deep. The old VTR was getting too much of a liability, egging me on to crank out big wheelies every time I turned the damned key. This one popped up effortlessly at 70km/hr today without the clutch in 2nd gear. F#%! Being a dad I really have to keep from hurting myself. Maybe just one year with the Duke and I will retire to a nice V-Rod..... :shock:
Last edited by High_Side on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#87 Unread post by blues2cruise » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:44 am

:happybikeday:

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#88 Unread post by Brackstone » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:35 am

High_Side wrote:So I finally got my head around buying a Speedtriple after all of these years. I had taken out a Street triple, and while it was a kick-azz bike the days of me owning the bike that you have to rev the dodo outta every time out are over. I love torque and the Speedy is the only way to get it in a naked Triumph three-banger. So I head to the dealership, prepared to pay list for a big flat black Speedy. But they are now sold out, and have no intention of bringing in any more. Gloss black is available, but it isn't an option for me after previously owning a gloss black bike (they don't respond well to scatches, lack of washes etc...). The attitude at the local dealer seals the deal, so I'm off to the local Ducati dealer where the Monster of Mrs. High-Side was purchased to crank out a deal on a new M1100. They do not have any bikes as they appear to be getting shut-out from Ducati North America (in a real Honda-esque type of move). I leave frustrated but a couple of days later I get a call from the other local Ducati shop (the expensive latte for all customers one) and they offer me a test ride based on info that they got from me at the bike show. They turn out to be great and after a test ride I am ready to buy but I really wanted them to swap out the body work to kit out a white on red bike for me. They needed to think about it so I went on the internet and found a new Buell 1125CR for $4Gs less than the Monster! I always said if Eric Buell put an actual motor in one of his contraptions I would buy it, so now was the time to buck up. I arrange with Mrs. High-Side to keep the old Viffer and buy the Buell as it would cost less than the new Monster! I love it when a plan comes together. So I arrange to see the saleman on Saturday to seal the deal. One last look on kijiji before I leave and I'll be off. This changes everything. As of today there is a new (to me):

...in the garage!

Yep, what the hell was I thinking? I am getting too old for this dodo but the addiction to snorty twins runs deep. The old VTR was getting too much of a liability, egging me on to crank out big wheelies every time I turned the damned key. This one popped up effortlessly at 70km/hr today without the clutch in 2nd gear. F#%! Being a dad I really have to keep from hurting myself. Maybe just one year with the Duke and I will retire to a nice V-Rod..... :shock:
NICE!

Let me know your impressions after like 1k man. That was the other bike I wanted to get, but I decided to get a Ducati because there are more dealers around here and I didn't want the same problems I had with my Aprilia and Dealers :P

If I had 20grand and tons of extra money for insurance I'd get an RC8! :D
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#89 Unread post by Theweapon52 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:40 pm

Nice ride!! Those super dukes always caught my eye whenever i walked into blackfoot, did you pick it up there? I've always experienced decent customer service from them, i hope you did too.

Hope to see you on the streets!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#90 Unread post by totalmotorcycle » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Your absolutely nutz. :laughing:

I wouldn't have picked the Duke for you, (it's Dean's bike) but hey, go crazy as I'm sure it's a real nutter. :mrgreen: I've sure you will love it. What a huge departure from the Ducati GT1000.

Just keep yourself in 1 piece eh till I get back. :D

Mike
NEW 2021 Motorcycle Model Guides
2020 Motorcycle Model Guides
2019 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side

#91 Unread post by High_Side » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:53 pm

totalmotorcycle wrote:Your absolutely nutz. :laughing:

I wouldn't have picked the Duke for you, (it's Dean's bike) but hey, go crazy as I'm sure it's a real nutter. :mrgreen: I've sure you will love it. What a huge departure from the Ducati GT1000.

Mike
Not only was it Dean's bike, but it was Cal's bike as well..... Both of these guys will have it in for me now :shock:

And I'm hoping that it is a huge departure from the GT and more like the VTR on steroids! And I will celibrate your return by finally exploding in to multiple pieces as per your request!

High_Side

P.S. - Did you get to Donnington?

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#92 Unread post by Wrider » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:28 pm

Very nice! Those things are amazing for their torque! Ridden that engine in both the Superduke and Adventure 990 configurations, and it's an absolute beast.
Enjoy! And try not to do like one of the guys I know and go through 3-4 back tires for every 1 front! :laughing:
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#93 Unread post by totalmotorcycle » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:43 am

High_Side wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:Your absolutely nutz. :laughing:

Mike
Not only was it Dean's bike, but it was Cal's bike as well..... Both of these guys will have it in for me now :shock:

And I'm hoping that it is a huge departure from the GT and more like the VTR on steroids! And I will celibrate your return by finally exploding in to multiple pieces as per your request!

High_Side

P.S. - Did you get to Donnington?
I showed (shown?) your bike to Andrea when she got back yesterday from Italy (company trip to Piza and Florance! Must be nice) and she was wow'ed!

"And I will celibrate your return by finally exploding in to multiple pieces as per your request!"... hahah. You better not buddy, we have some catching up, some BBQ's, some Taco Bell eating, some movie watching, and drinking to do (frozen rum drinks for the girls & beer party!) when I get back. :D

No, Donnington's timing didn't work out at all for me. I had to drive the in-laws to Gatwick airport on Sunday (and take them around Uxbridge on Saturday) and then Andrea got home yesterday so. Busy week. But I did post LOTS of Donnington news in the News Forum so I'm up on it. :D

Mike
NEW 2021 Motorcycle Model Guides
2020 Motorcycle Model Guides
2019 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side

#94 Unread post by High_Side » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:10 pm

So far the Duke has seen limited action but all I can say is that it is a total blast. It's got the right power in all the right places, handles excellent, and is really quite comfortable. I put new Pilot Roads on it today but had to race the rain storm home so I never got the chance to enjoy them. This is really the bike for me however, and in hindsight it is better for me in every way than the Speedtriple would have been. Being a V-twin nut, this bike rocks.

I started holidays last week and after spending an afternoon in the pub with old friends, I loaded up the VFR the next morning and headed west for blast through familiar territory. It was originally supposed to be a three day outing, but I was limited to two days as my pub-day counted against points-earned at home so after a rather late start (09:30) I was off for a blast through the Kootenays and the Okanagen. Yeehaw!

Coming from Calgary, there are two ways only to get to Southern B.C., and both of them are somewhat monotonous, but have to be endured. As it turned out, riding out on a Thursday morning meant there was very little traffic, and hwy #1 was a lot more enjoyable than usual.....or maybe I was just way overdue for a road trip.....
The waters seem to run greener on the east side of the great divide
Still after all these bikes the VFR kicks azz as a sport-touring bike, and I find it amazing that you can get such a great piece of gear for so little money these days as they are practically giving them away in the classifieds.
It may not be as photogenic as other bikes, but for sport-touring over a distance, it's tuff to beat!
Feeling like I was making great time, I stopped a few extra places along the way. With the Viffer capable of up to 380 km./tank, rest breaks can be taken in scenic places rather than at gas stations. Here is one at the ever-improving Three Valley Gap east of Sicamous:
After passing through Sicamous, summer felt as though it had finally arrived as I cruised down hwy#93 along Mara Lake. I spent a couple of weeks here every summer growing up and this place still holds great memories. The campgrounds have been replaced with Condos and the lake is busier than ever, but it's still scenic, and the water is still warm.
A quick blast through Grindrod, and this place is still standing after all of these years.
Landmark - Southern B.C. style:
To be cont...

High_Side

#95 Unread post by High_Side » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:17 pm

Theweapon52 wrote:Nice ride!! Those super dukes always caught my eye whenever i walked into blackfoot, did you pick it up there? I've always experienced decent customer service from them, i hope you did too.

Sorry I missed replying to you earlier, but I bought it privately and not from Blackfoot. I hope that you got the Ninja back on the road before this rainy weather started.

Cheers,

High_Side

High_Side

#96 Unread post by High_Side » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:28 am

Cont....
Shortly after I arrive in Vernon and need to decide whether or not I should spend the night or push on to Nakusp via the Monashee pass. The pass is a fun road that has also been much improved over the 23 years that I have been riding it, but the old traps remain. While it is beautiful, the road lacks a lot of rhythm and will catch you in a couple of places with decreasing radius turns. Logging trucks like to cut the corners too, which results in a nice placement of gravel right where you don't need it in the turns. The biggest concern is the deer however who start playing kamikaze after about 3:30 each day. I decide to push on to Nakusp and take it easy. I see a few deer, but nothing that ups the pucker factor to critical levels.
Overlooking Kalamalka Lake leaving Vernon on Hwy #6:
On the way to Nakusp I start a conversation with a guy on a classic R1100 Beemer while waiting for the Fauquier ferry to arrive. His '82 Beemer looked brand new (he bought it new) and had over 170,000km on the clock. I thought that i had commitment to my old VTR having had it for 11 years, but I had nothing on this guy!

After spending a relatively quiet night in Nakusp, I get an early start heading towards Revelstoke at 8am. I stop to grab one picture at a waterfall along the road (that didn't turn out), and I arrived at the ferry just in time to find this view:
I missed the damned ferry by 30 seconds and spent the next hour thinking about breakfast in Revelstoke :|

After having breakfast, there was still time to take a detour so I headed up the Mount Revelstoke parkway. With lots of switchbacks, the elevation rises quickly and you end up with a spectacular view of the town that you cannot get from any other highway.
Even in early July the road is closed before the summit so I turnaround and prepare for the Transcanada drone back to Calgary. This has been a great little two day blast to hold me over until Jen and I head off to Washington next week.
Until then, I'll be trying to scrub in the new skins on the Superduke!

High_Side

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#97 Unread post by jstark47 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:54 pm

High_Side wrote: Yep, what the hell was I thinking? I am getting too old for this dodo but the addiction to snorty twins runs deep. The old VTR was getting too much of a liability, egging me on to crank out big wheelies every time I turned the damned key. This one popped up effortlessly at 70km/hr today without the clutch in 2nd gear. F#%! Being a dad I really have to keep from hurting myself. Maybe just one year with the Duke and I will retire to a nice V-Rod..... :shock:
Heh. Those are silly bikes (just like Speed Triples).... designed for one purpose - separating an owner from his license as quickly and efficiently as possible. :twisted:

The local motorcycle dealership (the one conveniently 4 miles from my house) is a Kawi / Suzi / Triumph / KTM place. They've got an '08 Superduke out on the floor..... $2K off the price. It bats it's eyes seductively at me every time I go in there. Along with its evil sister, the 990 Adventure - also $2K off list price. :roll:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#98 Unread post by Theweapon52 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:47 am

High_Side wrote:
Theweapon52 wrote:Nice ride!! Those super dukes always caught my eye whenever i walked into blackfoot, did you pick it up there? I've always experienced decent customer service from them, i hope you did too.

Sorry I missed replying to you earlier, but I bought it privately and not from Blackfoot. I hope that you got the Ninja back on the road before this rainy weather started.

Cheers,

High_Side

Thats totally fine, and the dealer said the bike will be ready either saturday or monday of next week so i missed the rainy season but it looks as though ill make it back for the nice weather...

Interesting you say you spent a few weeks of your time every summer at mara lake. My girlfriends family owns a home right on the lake front not too far from the houseboat rental place. Beautiful area..Small world huh?

High_Side

#99 Unread post by High_Side » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Theweapon52 wrote:
Interesting you say you spent a few weeks of your time every summer at mara lake. My girlfriends family owns a home right on the lake front not too far from the houseboat rental place. Beautiful area..Small world huh?
It is a small world...but I likely stopped going to Mara before your girl-friend was born! (sucks to be old....)
jstark47 wrote: Heh. Those are silly bikes (just like Speed Triples).... designed for one purpose - separating an owner from his license as quickly and efficiently as possible. :twisted:

The local motorcycle dealership (the one conveniently 4 miles from my house) is a Kawi / Suzi / Triumph / KTM place. They've got an '08 Superduke out on the floor..... $2K off the price. It bats it's eyes seductively at me every time I go in there. Along with its evil sister, the 990 Adventure - also $2K off list price. :roll:
Well after putting about 350km on it yesterday, I don't disagree that it is a licence killer. However, it is a great all around bike, that if you consciously ride it at sane speeds it will feel like an extremely competent standard bike. It's the lack of effort that goes in to going stupidly fast around high speed sweepers that is dangerous. In hindsight, I am really going to have to cool it after yesterday, but at least I now know what it can do :mrgreen:

I am really liking the Duke after having it for a short time. I've not been able to ride it very much and just spooned on a set of Pilot-Roads that I was breaking in yesterday. I'm usually reserved on my first impressions of a new bike (was not impressed with the VFR initially, and hated the GT1000....which turned out to be spot-on), but this one seems to want to hit it out of the park right away.

Now I'm off with Mrs. High_Side for 4 days south and west!

Cheers everyone!

High_Side

#100 Unread post by High_Side » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:36 am

So, the kids are back in school, and it's flex Friday at work and the weather is great.....what to do? :mrgreen:
Mrs High_Side and I head out for a great day of fun in Kananaskis country!
This time of year the sky seems to be full of colour in Alberta and I stop too many times to take pics as the Duck motors in to the distance....

Man we are lucky to live so close to something so beautiful. I certainly haven't been everywhere, but of the places that I've been this is one of my favorites. I've also been lucky enough to attend work conferences here last week and another one next week staying at the Kananaskis lodge. It's a great place to stay, and an even greater place to "work".
As we have lots of time we take the detour in to the upper Kananaskis lake for a break, before heading to the Lodge for lunch. It turns out that Woody's Tavern is not open until 4 p.m., so we end up eating a $15 hamburger at the Fireweed. It's odd that it didn't taste like a $15 hamburger should.....
The Superduke is turning out to be way too practical for being a "hooligan" bike. Not quite VFR practical but comfy for a naked bike, and even after riding the hell out of it the fuel light didn't come on until 238km. After calculating the range I think that I could push 300km using all 18.5 litres. Not bad. And it feels as tame as a commuter.....until you crank it up :P
The original Dunlops have now been replaced by a set of my current favorite tires - Pilot Road - 2s. I've bought 5 of them this year (ouch) for our various bikes and they really are a step ahead IMO. I'll be asking Santa for a steering dampner however. As well put together as this bike is, it is one nervous animal at speed!