help!

Derail
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

help!

#1 Unread post by Derail »

I have a 2007 gsxr a750. I bought it brand new. Its been babied its entire life (1900miles)
It was backed into a few weeks ago minor cosmetic damage and leaking generator cover left side above shift pedal. It was only a few drops whole oil was hot.
I took it to a certified suzuki dealer and the other guys insurance paid for everything. After driving it home yesterday I noticed the f1 fault indicator came on as well as the red oil light.
It shifted funny the whole way and smelled burnt kinda when I shut it off. There was a little oil on both side of the engine.
I called the shop and the service manager denied any fault and said some biles just have the f1 on the time.
Her manager accused me of riding wheelies and causing the problem. I never have. I called the shop I bought it at they couldn't do anything. I calledbsuzuki they only cover manufacturer defects.
Its still under warranty. I called the guys insurance to get a rental car as its my only trans. My insurance said its not covered. I have full coverqge.
The shop also quoted me 1950 dollars and that's what I paid they tried to make ke leave without a invoice..when I got it it reads 1500 dollars.
The shop is usa motosport 1200 nw 57th ave miami 33126. They are independently owned so there is no going over them.
What should I do? I don't want to return ly bike to them for service...

MTexile
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 09 FXD & 03 XL 1200C

#2 Unread post by MTexile »

I guess your next option would be to contact the Better Business Bureau and let the regional manager for Suzuki know this. Good luck!
2009 Harley Super Glide ("Therapy")

Derail
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by Derail »

I'm typing all this on my phone so sorry for the typos. This has been I nightmare. I plan on contacting them tomorrow.
Suzuki has already told me there's nothing they can do. Apparently certified dealers are independently owned and have no connection to suzuki outside the specific things listed as manufacturer defects.
Thanks for the quick response :)

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

They are independently owned, but if you inform the Suzuki rep in your area they will definitely be hurting.
So inform the regional Suzuki rep and let them know what's going on.

As far as what your problem with the bike is, I'll bet the impact bent the alternator cover, which shorted out the alternator and/or the regulator/rectifier.

BTW that's not the F1 light, it's the FI (fuel injection) light, which indicates an electrical gremlin somewhere in there. The oil light means you have low oil pressure, meaning they could have not refilled your oil or possibly you have a blockage in there. When they replaced the cover they probably put some liquid gasket on there, too much of that can cause an oil passage blockage.

I'm really sorry to hear about your problems with the shop. If you do contact they BBB and they still say you were riding wheelies or whatever, have them check the clutch basket, wheel bearings, and the triple tree bearings. If you have been riding enough wheelies to kill the engine you'll have DEFINITELY messed up those parts too. (But even a full stunt bike with 1900 miles on it will rarely have problems.)
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

mercurydreams
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by mercurydreams »

It just seems that there are some rather crooked motorcycle dealers down here in S. Florida. I took my bike in for its first service (oil change, cylinder ailnment, and general inspection) which ended up costing me $300! As I was leaving, the service rep pointed out to me that the chain handler plate was missing and that the bolt was seriously bent ( the plate at the back of the chain on the rear wheel). I was told that they would order the parts and call me when they got in over the next few days (which was 2 weeks ago), the only good thing is that warenty would cover it. Just thought I would share
Those that give up essental liberty for freedom deserve neither freedom nor liberty

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#6 Unread post by Wrider »

What's a cylinder alignment? Do you mean a throttle body sync?
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Gunslinger
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2006/Suzuki/SV650

#7 Unread post by Gunslinger »

Putting it back on the customer instead of trying to correct the problem is the lazy man's way of taking care of business. And any service manager who says that it's normal for an indicator light to stay on doesn't know what he is talking about. Again, they are being lazy.

I'm a little confused by your post. Did you pay 1900 to have it fixed on top of what the insurance paid? And then the actual invoice said 1500? If that's the case and it was me I'd start persuing legal action. You can file the papers in small claims court for a nominal fee. It will take several months for your case to be heard but I have found that certified letters from the courts tend to adjust some attitudes very quickly.

redb1ker
Regular
Regular

The other guys insurance needs to make you whole.

#8 Unread post by redb1ker »

It probably isn't a problem that your dealer caused. That wasn't happening before the accident, the accident MUST have caused the problem. You may have to take your motorcycle to a different service department and then fight with the insurance for the price of the repair. It may require that you get one of those ambulance chaser lawyers that advertises on TV.
Jay T.
www.ridesafe.today.com

Gunslinger
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2006/Suzuki/SV650

#9 Unread post by Gunslinger »

The Dealer MIGHT not have caused the problem but he sure didn't correct it either. Have you seen some of these 16 year old kids working in some of these dealerships? No way in Hades would I let one of these guys anywhere near my bike.
It might be wise to consult with a lawyer about it but you don't need to put one on retainer. You may be forced to go back to that shop to allow them the opportunity to correct it. Make sure to keep all your receipts and keep track of who you talked to, what they said and when they said it. I'd like to hear how this turns out, keep us posted.
Good Luck :D

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#10 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Okay. Let's back up a bit. When you called the shop about this "new" problem, what did you say? Is it possible that in your anger, you blamed the shop for bad work or worse, causing the problem?

If that is the case, your FIRST step should be to go and apologize for flying off the handle. (Here's hoping you weren't a total jerk.)

Let the service manager know that you suspect the problem may be the result of the original claimed damage, and that you're hoping they will help you get the bike fixed (and appropriately get the at fault driver's insurance to pay for the additional repairs).

You'd be no worse off for asking for help in getting your bike fixed. Try the "honey" approach, rather than the vinegar one. Maybe it will work.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul