Ladies - how do you feel today?

Message
Author
User avatar
RocketGirl
Elite
Elite
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 3:33 pm
Real Name: Belynn
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Virago 250
Location: New Castle County, Delaware

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#81 Unread post by RocketGirl » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:53 am

Thank you for the support Blues and Mogster. Hubby saw how thrilled I was when I got home. He immediately IM'd his friends to see if anyone has a bike for sale. Truth be told, I'm a bit achy today, but still got that grin on. :D

blues2cruise
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10005
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:28 pm
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: Rocky Mountain Bicycle
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#82 Unread post by blues2cruise » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:53 pm

RocketGirl wrote:Thank you for the support Blues and Mogster. Hubby saw how thrilled I was when I got home. He immediately IM'd his friends to see if anyone has a bike for sale. Truth be told, I'm a bit achy today, but still got that grin on. :D
You're probably achy from being tense. Relax your shoulders, arms and wrists and "death grip" a bit. :)

Soon you won't be tense and achy..... :D
Image

User avatar
sunshine229
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1845
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:02 pm
Real Name: Andrea aka Mrs. Total Motorcycle
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
Location: Waterloo, ON

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#83 Unread post by sunshine229 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:40 pm

I feel tired today. Got a million things to do at work and am slowly picking away at them. But when I'm tired it's so difficult to be motivated! It's a good thing there is such a word as "accountability". :lol:
Andrea :sun:

User avatar
RocketGirl
Elite
Elite
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 3:33 pm
Real Name: Belynn
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Virago 250
Location: New Castle County, Delaware

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#84 Unread post by RocketGirl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:45 am

Feeling pretty good and confident. Test rode a Honda Shadow Spirit and Aero, both are 750cc. Also rode a Suzuki S40 (650cc). The Hondas are great cruiser bikes; they are a big leap from my Virago 250cc. I had more fun on the S40. Are the S40's quirky when it comes to downshifting? I had to really stomp on the shifter pedal. Hubby said the bike is super noisy, but that and the vibration didn't bother me at all. 8)

blues2cruise
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10005
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:28 pm
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: Rocky Mountain Bicycle
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#85 Unread post by blues2cruise » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:57 am

Go for the Honda Shadow. You will be far happier in the long run. The Suzuki is not going make you happy if you want to do any highway riding. It will be at its limit and revving high all day. The Honda Shadow will be easier for a long ride and you will be more refreshed.
Even though the noise and vibration of the Suzuki may not bother you now...for a short test ride...the constant noise and vibration can be very draining on a long ride.

The Honda Will still be able to carry you and cargo easily should you decide to do a trip...the Suzuki will have a hard time keeping up.

However...if you are only ever going to ride short hops and not touring.....then the Suzuki will do. Yes, the Suzuki is smaller in size and stature....but not much....the Honda is about the same size as the V-Star you rode...after a week or two it will second nature.
Image

User avatar
RocketGirl
Elite
Elite
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 3:33 pm
Real Name: Belynn
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Virago 250
Location: New Castle County, Delaware

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#86 Unread post by RocketGirl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:00 pm

blues2cruise wrote:Go for the Honda Shadow. You will be far happier in the long run. The Suzuki is not going make you happy if you want to do any highway riding. It will be at its limit and revving high all day. The Honda Shadow will be easier for a long ride and you will be more refreshed.
Good point. That brings up a follow-up question. How many highway miles or hours do most weekenders like to ride in a single day?

User avatar
jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Posts: 3509
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:58 pm
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200
Location: Lumberton, NJ

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#87 Unread post by jstark47 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:09 pm

RocketGirl wrote:Are the S40's quirky when it comes to downshifting? I had to really stomp on the shifter pedal.
It's not just the S40, it's the "Suzuki transmission thing". They all do that. I think Suzuki took the transmission design from a 1930 John Deere tractor or something like that! :roll: On the plus side, I've been stomping on the shifter of my V-strom for 30K miles now and there's no evidence yet I've bent the shifter fork or linkages.

blues2cruise wrote:The Suzuki is not going make you happy if you want to do any highway riding. It will be at its limit and revving high all day.
Yeah, but y'all need to read my Savage/S40 story from last spring: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=41752 :mrgreen:
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

blues2cruise
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10005
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:28 pm
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: Rocky Mountain Bicycle
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#88 Unread post by blues2cruise » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:14 pm

jstark47 wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:Are the S40's quirky when it comes to downshifting? I had to really stomp on the shifter pedal.
It's not just the S40, it's the "Suzuki transmission thing". They all do that. I think Suzuki took the transmission design from a 1930 John Deere tractor or something like that! :roll: On the plus side, I've been stomping on the shifter of my V-strom for 30K miles now and there's no evidence yet I've bent the shifter fork or linkages.

blues2cruise wrote:The Suzuki is not going make you happy if you want to do any highway riding. It will be at its limit and revving high all day.
Yeah, but y'all need to read my Savage/S40 story from last spring: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=41752 :mrgreen:
I read it...yes, it is true it can go quite fast...but would you really want to ride it at high speed all day long?
Like you said in your post...it's a thumper...
Image

blues2cruise
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10005
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:28 pm
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: Rocky Mountain Bicycle
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#89 Unread post by blues2cruise » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:16 pm

RocketGirl wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:Go for the Honda Shadow. You will be far happier in the long run. The Suzuki is not going make you happy if you want to do any highway riding. It will be at its limit and revving high all day. The Honda Shadow will be easier for a long ride and you will be more refreshed.
Good point. That brings up a follow-up question. How many highway miles or hours do most weekenders like to ride in a single day?
It depends...sometimes my friends and I have been known to ride for a few hundred miles one way for lunch....and then come home. :D

Or..if time is limited..just a hundred miles for coffee and then home. :D
Image

User avatar
mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Posts: 949
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:06 pm
Real Name: MOG
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09
Location: Dorset, UK

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#90 Unread post by mogster » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:42 am

Getting excited...............only a few more days then I will be putting my bike back on the road after it's "winter" holiday :D

Ironically we have had an incredibly mild winter (so far), & I could easily have ridden it most days, but had to make a decision end of Nov re road tax & the budget was tight.

So going to order a new battery as it was a bit dodgy last year & then tax it for 1st March & the only remaining issue will be can I fit into my leathers! :lol:
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

Image

blues2cruise
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10005
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:28 pm
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: Rocky Mountain Bicycle
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#91 Unread post by blues2cruise » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:50 pm

We have more snow forecasted....my bike will have to wait a bit more. :(
Image

User avatar
RocketGirl
Elite
Elite
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 3:33 pm
Real Name: Belynn
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Virago 250
Location: New Castle County, Delaware

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#92 Unread post by RocketGirl » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:46 am

blues2cruise wrote:We have more snow forecasted....my bike will have to wait a bit more. :(
Have you played any of the on-line games here? It's been a while for me since my laptop bit the dust this past Fall. There are a few cute road games/simulators, but favorite was Mahjong.

blues2cruise
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10005
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:28 pm
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: Rocky Mountain Bicycle
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Ladies - how do you feel today?

#93 Unread post by blues2cruise » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:45 pm

RocketGirl wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:We have more snow forecasted....my bike will have to wait a bit more. :(
Have you played any of the on-line games here? It's been a while for me since my laptop bit the dust this past Fall. There are a few cute road games/simulators, but favorite was Mahjong.
I am game challenged. :laughing:...so I have never gone into the game section.

After your post, I went to the games and tried Scooter Racer//



http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/download ... rRacer.htm

It took about 4 tries to figure out how to move the blue scooter...I finally made it half way around the track. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Image

Post Reply