chain kit

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

chain kit

#1 Unread post by slimcolo »

I stripped my drive belt and I am in need of a chain conversion kit for a 2014- 2016 FX.(list price varies from $325-$360 for the same part) None of the dealers have this in stock and am told at least a month to get it. This is different from the one that fits a 2017 and up that Z1 Racing-Austin TX has 5 of. 2014-16 has keyed shaft, 2017 and up has splined shaft on front sprocket.
Also unable to contact the following Dealers who will not answer their phones for three days and going. Hollywood Electrics-Hollywood Ca, Zero of Orange County-Orange county Ca, International Motorcycles-Vancouver BC
Part #10-08142 or #ZM10-08142 To fit 2015 Zero FX.

Johnniemireles
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: yamaha

Re: chain kit

#2 Unread post by Johnniemireles »

slimcolo wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:02 pm I stripped my drive belt and I am in need of a chain conversion kit for a 2014- 2016 FX.(list price varies from $325-$360 for the same part) None of the dealers have this in stock and am told at least a month to get it. This is different from the one that fits a 2017 and up that Z1 Racing-Austin TX has 5 of. 2014-16 has keyed shaft, 2017 and up has splined shaft on front sprocket.
Also unable to contact the following Dealers who will not answer their phones for three days and going. Hollywood Electrics-Hollywood Ca, Zero of Orange County-Orange county Ca, International Motorcycles-Vancouver BC
Part #10-08142 or #ZM10-08142 To fit 2015 Zero FX.
It sounds like you're looking for a chain conversion kit for a 2014-2016 Zero FX motorcycle with a keyed shaft. You've had trouble finding the part in stock at dealers and are also having difficulty contacting some of them. The specific part number you're seeking is either #10-08142 or #ZM10-08142.

Given your situation, here are a few suggestions:

Wait for Dealers to Restock: Since you mentioned that dealers are estimating a month to restock the part, you might need to consider waiting for them to receive new inventory. This might be your best option if you want the genuine part from the manufacturer.

Check Online Retailers and Marketplaces: While it's always preferable to get parts from authorized dealers, you could also explore reputable online retailers or marketplaces that specialize in motorcycle parts. Make sure to research the seller and read reviews to ensure you're getting a quality product.

Contact Nearby Motorcycle Shops: You might want to try reaching out to local motorcycle repair and customization shops. They might have experience working with similar conversions and could help you find the appropriate chain conversion kit or even offer advice on alternatives.

Join Online Motorcycle Forums and Communities: Engaging with online forums or social media groups dedicated to Zero motorcycles or motorcycle customization can be beneficial. Fellow enthusiasts might have insights, recommendations, or even spare parts they're willing to sell.

Modify the 2017+ Kit: If the 2017+ kit with the splined shaft is readily available, you could explore the possibility of modifying it to fit your 2015 FX with a keyed shaft. This might require some technical expertise and careful measurements to ensure compatibility.

Consider Aftermarket Options: In the world of motorcycles, there are often aftermarket parts and kits available that might suit your needs. While it's important to ensure compatibility and quality, this could be an option worth exploring.

Keep Trying Dealers: While you've had difficulty reaching some dealers, it might be worth persisting in trying to contact them. Dealers can be busy or understaffed at times, and your persistence could eventually lead to success.

Remember that motorcycle modifications can impact safety and performance, so it's crucial to ensure that any parts you use are compatible and of high quality. If you're unsure about the technical aspects of the conversion, it might be a good idea to consult with a knowledgeable motorcycle mechanic or technician.

Owenlittle
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: R15

Re: chain kit

#3 Unread post by Owenlittle »

Thanks for the information... TellTims