Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Inspiration Friday: Lest We Forget

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Inspiration Friday: Lest We Forget

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/inspira ... we-forget/

With the Israel War on Palestine (Gaza & West Bank) reaching genocidal levels with over 4412 children killed, the War in Ukraine claiming over 400,000 lives and with more NATO war clouds on the horizon this week’s Inspiration Friday is extremely hard to do on Remembrance Day as a Vet. Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Taiwan, Lebanon, Syria, Yamen and even a possibility of Turkey are next in WWIII queue. Did we not learn anything from WWI, WWII and the countless millions of soldiers who served, sacrificed and died for freedom? Are we so war hawkish to go back to the days of bombs, bullets, hand-to-hand combat and chemical weapons in obliterated towns and cities? Lest we forget mates. With the last WWI and WWII Vets passing away peacefully from both sides of the war, our “Lest we Forget” has become “Lest we forgot.”

Maybe we will care when it comes to our shores in the USA, Canada, Australia or over in Europe…when it is our cities, our children and our way of life being destroyed. But right now it’s:

“Over there, over there,
Send the word, send the word over there,
That the Yanks are coming, the Yanks are coming,
The drums rum-tumming everywhere.
So prepare, say a prayer,
Send the word, send the word to beware,
We’ll be over, we’re coming over,
And we won’t come back till it’s over over there.
Johnnie get your gun, get your gun, get your gun,
Johnnie show the Hun, you’re a son-of-a-gun,
Hoist the flag and let her fly,
Like true heroes do or die.
Pack your little kit, show your grit, do your bit,
Soldiers to the ranks from the towns and the tanks,
Make your mother proud of you,
And to liberty be true.”

LYRICS OF “OVER THERE” (1917, by George M. Cohan)

Here is a little reminder. Freedom isn’t free, freedom is lost when it’s taken for granted. That’s me out, I can’t do more of this story today it’s too upsetting. All I can hope for is this provides some inspiration to our future hero’s to talk rather than hate, to engage in diplomacy than negotiations , to stand up again what is wrong and follow the bot for what you know is right, fair and just.

When you hate a certain group of people long enough you become the people you hated.

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/inspira ... we-forget/
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.