Shoes for motorcycling

Mickyan
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Honda

Shoes for motorcycling

#1 Unread post by Mickyan »

Can you suggest durable and protective shoes for motorcycling?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Shoes for motorcycling

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hi Mick, this might help you as we did a review last year on motorcycle shoes:

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/review/ ... op-sneaker

NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Annaat20
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: 2022

#3 Unread post by Annaat20 »

Oh, this shoe model looks quite nice, very suitable for riding

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#4 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Your two most important factors when considering motorcycle foot wear is ankle protection, and lateral rigidity across the sole. Ankle protection is easy enough, but the sole gets overlooked a lot.
A lot of people assume any sturdy boot with uppers will be sufficient, but even the most rugged boots lack the compression strength across the sole. If you can set the boot on it's edge and "crush" it laterally, it doesn't have the strength you need if you ever get your foot pinned under your bike. Consider a true motorcycling shoe, like the Indian's I wore in the review above, or something else. Your local motorcycle shop will have lots of options to fit any budget.

Georgeres
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: bmw

Re: Yamaha's YZF R1.

#5 Unread post by Georgeres »

Hey everyone! I recently came across the Yamaha YZF R1 and I am absolutely blown away by its performance and design. I've been considering purchasing one for myself, but I wanted to get some input from fellow riders who have experience with this bike. What are your thoughts on the Yamaha YZF R1? How does it handle on the road? Any tips or advice for someone looking to make the switch to this model? I would love to hear your feedback and personal experiences. Let's start a discussion on the Yamaha YZF R1 and see what insights we can gather from the community!