+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Honda VT750DC Shadow Spirit
Back to 2002 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
Honda's Shadow Spirit 750. It's the hot-rod with a heart of gold. And value unmatched in its class. Like the A.C.E., the Spirit is powered by our powerful 745cc V-twin. It boasts three valves per cylinder and twin spark plugs for maximum power and impressive low-rpm torque. Yet, because it's a Honda, you'll be able to spend Saturday riding, not tinkering, thanks to the maintenance-free solid state ignition and automatic cam chain adjusters.
Despite all its technology, it's the Spirit's style that shines. From its lustrous yellow paint to the chopped rear fender, the Spirit is pure performance cruiser. There's the glitter of all that chrome and what says moxie better than twin staggered mufflers.
Honda's Shadow Spirit 750. Fast on its feet. Easy on your wallet.
Exclusive Shadow Spirit 750 Features
· Distinctive street-rod styling with dragster-style seat, semi-swept handlebar and chopped rear fender.
· Handsome two-into-two exhaust system.
· Long-stroke 52-degree V-twin engine design provides a satisfying, classic V-twin feel.
· Dual 34mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response.
· Carburetor electric-heater system improves rideability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
· Solid-state ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
· Silent-type maintenance-free camshaft chain adjusters.
· Aluminum radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
· Sleek two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic street rod style.
· Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
· Large, rectangular-section steel tube backbone frame and massive cast steering head are both strong and very rugged.
· Frame features forged pivot-plate castings, rigid engine-mounting and large, rectangular-section swingarm.
· Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features a large billet-aluminum triple-clamp. Together they deliver confident, neutral handling and a plush ride with 130mm of wheel travel.
· Large, 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity and steering precision.
· Dual chromed rear shocks feature an advanced internal valve system, and five-position preload adjustability, while offering 80mm of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
· Progressive springs and plush front and rear suspension settings provide a low-slung street-rod look while delivering excellent handling characteristics.
· Traditional spoked wheels with wide chromed rims.
· Large 110/80-19 front tire and 160/80-15 rear tire provide abundant traction and complement the Spirit 750's stylish good looks.
· Single 296mm front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips the drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
· Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
· Speedometer is set into the front of the fuel tank in an attractive chrome instrument housing.
· Semi-swept handlebar design provides a comfortable, upright riding position. The handlebar is mounted on rubber-cushioned risers to reduce vibration.
· Dragster-style seat boasts a low, 675mm seat height for confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
· Chrome highlights include: cylinder head cover, air cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, footpeg brackets, sidestand, chain guard, swingarm pivot cap.
· Buffed aluminum front brake master cylinder.
· Black treatment of engine center cases and cylinders with polished treatment on cylinder fins.
· Computer-designed multi-reflector headlight features a 60/55-watt halogen bulb for superb lighting.
· Custom-styled taillight and attractive bullet-shaped turn indicators.
· Long, stretched-design 13.4 litre fuel tank.
· Chopper-style rear fender.
· Durable, maintenance-free 12-amp-hour battery.
· Steering-head lock for added security when parked.
· Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Custom windshield.
· Chrome accessories include: backrest with pad (low type), backrest with pad (tall type), rear carrier (square tube), backrest/rear carrier mounting brackets, headlight visor, radiator trim, and saddlebag supports.
· Billet accessories include: rider footpegs, master cylinder cap, handlebar clamps, oil dipstick, brake caliper caps and license plate frame.
· Soft goods include: leather saddlebags, leather tank belt, leather front pouch, leather backrest bag, leather touring bag, solo seat with rear fender panel, and motorcycle cover.
· Additional accessories include: headlight cowl, and radiator cowl.
745cc Liquid-cooled, 52 degree V-twin, single pin crank
Bore and Stroke
79.0mm X 76.0mm
Twin, 34mm, diaphragm-type, CV
O ring chain
41mm fork, 130mm travel
Dual shocks with 5-way spring preload adjustment, 80mm travel
Single 296mm disc with twin piston caliper
1645 mm (64.8 in.)
675mm (26.6 in.)
225 kg (496 lb.)
13.4 litres (2.9 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.
Thank for supporting