+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Back to 2008 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge for detail.
They make great desktop images.
- 2008 Honda CRF80F
2008 Honda CRF80F
For young riders ready to step up to a manual clutch machine, the CRF80F features Honda's legendary reliability, big-bike styling, nimble handling and wonderfully balanced performance.
As the smallest member of the CRF family to come with a five-speed
transmission and manual clutch, the CRF80F is fully equipped to teach learning
riders the skills they'll need as they grow. With most of the same great features
as the CRF100F, but with slightly smaller wheels and a lower seat height,
the CRF80F is the perfect fit for riders who have grown out of the minibike
stage. Its responsive 80 cc four-stroke engine delivers power smoothly, and
the easy-pulling clutch lever will have your young rider shifting through
the five-speed gearbox in no time at all.
Is your youngster ready to move up to the next level, where
big-bike featureslike five-speed shifting with a manual clutchwill
help take them up to the next step of the off-road learning curve? Then check
out the CRF80F, loaded with plenty of power, performance, and Honda's legendary
four-stroke reliability, making it the perfect tool for the young rider who's
ready to hone his or her off-road skills to a finer edge.
Features & Benefits
- Durable, proven and simple 80cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke engine develops smooth, tractable power that's ideal for beginners.
- Ultra-reliable CD ignition never needs maintenance.
- 20mm carburetor for crisp throttle response.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Primary kickstarting for easy starts in any gear.
- Lightweight, upswept competition-type exhaust system utilizes a quiet, USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester.
- Durable, smooth-shifting five-speed transmission.
- Heavy-duty clutch with smooth, progressive engagement.
- Lightweight high-tensile steel frame is rigid, durable and offers ideal geometry for recreational off-roading.
- Leading-axle 27mm Showa front fork offers 5.5 inches of compliant suspension travel.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
- Heavy-duty Showa rear shock offers a smooth ride.
- Knobby tires offer excellent grip and long life.
- Lightweight screw-type drive chain adjusters for simple maintenance.
- Powerful, lightweight drum brakes.
- CRF®-R-inspired graphics.
- Engine design produces low emissions that meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Keyed ignition switch provides added security.
- Durable body components.
- CR®-style seat shape accommodates a broad range of rider sizes.
- Generous ground clearance and rugged skidplate for undercarriage protection.
- CR-shape handlebar enhances rider comfort.
- High-quality controls feature comfortable grips, dogleg levers and side-pull throttle just like those of the bigger CRFs.
- Cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs offer secure footing.
- Fork boots help protect stanchion tubes and fork seals.
- Silver-painted frame and footpegs.
- Durable steel sprockets.
- Washable, reusable foam air filter.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended warranty available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Engine Type: 80cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 47.5mm x 45mm
Compression ratio: 9.7:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two-valve
Induction: 20mm piston-valve carburetor
Final Drive: #420 chain; 14T/46T
Front: 27mm leading-axle Showa fork; 5.5 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link Showa single shock; 4.3 inches travel
Wheelbase: 47.6 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 28.02°
Trail: 74mm (2.9 inches)
Seat Height: 28.9 inches
Ground Clearance: 8.6 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gallons, including 0.3 reserve
Curb Weight*: 163 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel--ready to ride.
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
MSRP: $2,569 CDN
Engine Type Air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Displacement 80 cc
Bore & Stroke 47.5 mm x 45 mm
Compression Ratio 9.7:1
Valve Train SOHC, two-valve
Fuel Delivery Single 20 mm piston-valve carb
Transmission Five-speed with manual clutch
Final Drive #420 chain; 14T/46T
Front Suspension 27 mm leading-axle Showa fork; 140 mm (5.5 inches) travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link Showa single shock; 109 mm (4.3 inches) travel
Tires 2.50 - 16 front; 3.60 - 14 rear
Brakes Front drum; rear drum
Ground Clearance 218 mm (8.6 inches)
Seat Height 734 mm (28.9 inches)
Wheelbase 1,209 mm (47.6 inches)
Dry Weight 74 kg (163 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 4.9 litres
Colour Extreme Red
Specifications and features are subject to change
Thank for supporting