2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4
Back to 2012 Kawasaki ATV Quad Models Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 Review
The Versatile, Reliable RUV for Work or Play
With its wide range of capabilties, the Teryx™ 750 FI 4×4 recreation utility vehicle is the perfect companion for work and play. Work chores highlight the Teryx engine’s class-leading power and torque, while riders will appreciate the enhanced throttle response and optimal performance of the digital fuel injection (DFI®) as they blast down local trails. The fun, reliable Teryx proves to be a gratifying ride.
The Teryx’s smooth, fuel-injected 749cc V-twin engine produces a prodigious amount of torque, while its digital fuel injection system automatically adjusts to match changing conditions. And its sport-tuned wide-body chassis offers a wide track that helps provide a stable ride, but still allows the RUV to fit into a standard pickup bed.
Durable and reliable power is the name of the RUV game, and nobody can touch the Teryx’s 749cc 90-degree 8-valve V-twin. This engine is not only plenty powerful, it’s also supremely smooth thanks to the 90-degree configuration’s perfect primary balance. This design offers unmatched smoothness at any rpm – and a great exhaust note that sets the Teryx apart from lesser RUVs. Cooling system mods made last year – a larger cooling fan for more airflow and a larger diameter hose for more coolant flow – make the engine even more reliable.
The Teryx’s advanced digital fuel-injection system includes functions for automatic altitude compensation, automatic idle adjustment and easy, choke-free starting via a sophisticated array of sensors for inlet air pressure, throttle position, crankshaft position, rpm, water temperature and a vehicle down sensor. Also, an ignition cut-out won’t allow the Teryx to be ridden away when the parking brake is engaged. The clever braking system protection complements the Teryx’s CVT Belt Protection System, which, among other good things, automatically retards ignition timing if the system detects engine operation at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless (i.e., the belt is slipping), and warns the rider via a flashing belt warning lamp on the dash.
All that electronically enhanced performance is packaged within an advanced chassis that’s narrow enough to navigate most trails (and fit in a standard pickup bed), yet wide enough to offer a roomy cab and an excellent ride. The wide-track design frame uses large-diameter, thin-walled tubing to combine tremendous rigidity with light weight. The upper frame adds roll-over protection, and there’s enough room inside to fit two full-sized adults in a comfortable but supportive pair of bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts.
Once comfortably strapped in, the rider can choose 2WD or 4WD with the flip of a switch, and Kawasaki’s super-efficient continuously variable transmission takes it from there, taking you practically anywhere you want to go. A cockpit-adjustable variable front differential control even lets you fine-tune front-end traction for slick or tricky terrain.
Long-travel four-wheel independent suspension, adjustable Kayaba gas-charged shocks at all four corners, a rear stabilizer bar and mid-ship engine placement all work together to tame tough trails, with a high-performance long A-arm double-wishbone suspension design that reduces camber changes for sharp steering and excellent wheel control at all times. When it’s time to slow down, dual discs up front and a high-tech sealed oil-bath braking unit out back get the job done with power to spare, while Kawasaki Engine Braking Control uses clever electronics to assist with engine braking while driving down hills. Specially designed 26-inch Maxxis tires designed specifically for the Teryx are the final ingredient in its amazingly agile and stable handling characteristics.
A large selection of authentic Kawasaki Accessories are available through Kawasaki dealers for the 2012 Teryx 750 FI 4×4. As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages RUV drivers to drive responsibly and to respect the environment.
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 Features and Benefits:
Liquid-cooled 749cc V-twin Engine
– Teryx’s liquid-cooled, 749cc SOHC, fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine cranks out class-leading power and offers unmatched smoothness
– Prodigious torque is available from the oversquare (85 x 66mm) engine design, while 4-valve heads contributes to the Teryx’s superb acceleration
– The 90° V-Twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration
– Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
– Engine can be started in any gear, as long as the brake pedal is depressed
– Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RUV when traversing down hills
– The engine is positioned mid-ship, providing optimum front/rear balance and superb traction
– Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine, while a heavy-duty liquid-cooling system keeps temperatures under control in the harshest conditions
– Large-capacity radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for protection against mud and debris; a large cooling fan maximizes cooling capacity in slow going
– Ignition cut-out feature protects the brake system by preventing riding with the parking brake on
Digital Fuel Injection system
– Digital fuel injection enhances throttle response and automatically adjusts for changes in temperature and elevation for optimum performance in a wide range of environments
– The fuel injection system is controlled by a 32-bit CPU and continually monitors coolant temperature, air intake temperature, throttle position, air intake pressure, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle to automatically meter out the ideal amount of fuel via two 34mm throttle bodies for extremely stable power delivery – regardless of the conditions
– FI system permits easy engine starting at low temperature and utilizes an Automatic Idle Speed Control and Automatic Fast Idle function to ensure smooth engine warm up
– High-pressure fuel pump located inside the tank features a unique reservoir chamber at the bottom of the fuel pump to ensure air does not get into the fuel system
– Specific Teryx-sized throttle bodies and optimized ignition timing maximize low and mid-range power and high rpm response
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System CVT
– Featuring high and low ranges, plus reverse, the continuously variable transmission provides a direct feel from the engine and instantaneous acceleration – ideal characteristics for sportier riding
– Transmission utilizes a high-grade, super-durable Kevlar-impregnated belt designed to handle the engine’s prodigious output. The drive converter shaft is hard chrome-finished for durability
– The CVT Belt Protection System prevents tire freewheel, improves rocky terrain performance and reduces belt overloading by adding Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) data into the system
– Unnecessary belt wear is minimized by a system that reduces engine speed if the engine operates at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless.
– A large CVT intake duct, located to keep water and debris out, provides plenty of cooling air to the transmission
– Heat shielding on the exhaust pipe below the intake duct minimizes intake temperature
Snorkel Air Intake
– Voluminous air cleaner box containing an oval filter with lots of surface area feeds the engine plenty of clean air while minimizing intake noise. Easy maintenance design promotes long engine life
Selectable Four-wheel-drive / Variable Front Differential Control
– Selecting two
– or four-wheel-drive is as easy as pressing a switch located on the dash, as the electrically selectable 2WD/4WD system engages instantly
– Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits the rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction via a hand lever located between the seats
– Rear gear case keeps wheels locked and turning together for maximum forward thrust
– Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame combines high rigidity, light weight and mid-engine placement – a perfect combination for performance riding
– Tubular cab frame meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, requirements as a roll-over protective structure (ROPS)
– Performance-focused suspension is designed with high-performance driving in mind
– Wide track helps provide a great ride, but the unit still fits in a standard pickup truck bed
– Chassis has 11.6 inches of ground clearance – a perfect compromise between great, low-CG handling and the ability to clear tough off-road obstacles
– Narrow frame design maximizes the length of the front and rear suspension’s lower A-arms for excellent road handling performance and minimal geometry changes throughout the suspension’s travel
– Chassis serves up a near-perfect balance of bump absorption and steering control
– The tilt bed’s frame is highly rigid for added durability
– Inset headlights complement the modern, aggressive styling
– Hinged, forward-tilting front hood enforces aggressive styling and allows quick access to the radiator and front suspension components for easier maintenance and suspension tuning
– High-performance, single-chamber, preload-adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks provide excellent fade-resistant damping performance in the toughest conditions, while providing 7.5 inches of plush, controlled wheel travel
– Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at high speeds, along with 7.5 inches of sport-tuned wheel travel.
– The preload-adjustable gas-charged Kayaba rear shocks feature piggyback reservoirs, further reducing the tendency of oil to froth under hard conditions, while a torsion bar out back helps keep body roll to a minimum
– Dual front 200mm disc brakes gripped by rigid-mount 27mm twin-piston calipers provide powerful, fade-free braking and solid feel. Discs are tucked inside the wheels where they’re protected from debris
– Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed multi-disc rear brake system provides maximum stopping power in almost any condition along with reduced maintenance thanks to being completely sealed from outside contaminants
– The rear brake system’s compact design contributes to excellent ground clearance
Large 26-inch Tires
– Custom 26-inch MAXXIS tires specially developed for the Teryx™ RUV maximize performance
– Mounted on 12-inch rims, the largest tires available in the RUV category provide outstanding rough terrain performance and obstacle clearance
Tilting Cargo Bed
– With 500-pound capacity, tie-down hooks in all four corners, tilting bed, standard cargo net and generous dimensions, the Teryx is a highly functional and massively fun ride.
– Gas-assist struts keep the bed up for easy maintenance
– Reinforced bed frame offers substantial durability
– Making maximum use of its cockpit space, the Teryx provides plenty of shoulder and legroom to comfortably accommodate two adults
– Form-fitting bucket seats and retractable three-point seatbelts serve up a comfortable ride
– Padded steering wheel is positioned low for optimum control when sport riding, and provides additional driver protection
Multi-Function Digital Display
– Standard on all models, the Multi-Function Display includes a digital speedometer (mph or kph), clock, dual trip meters plus 2WD/4WD indicator, water temperature and fuel-injection warning indicators, digital fuel gauge, hour meter, parking brake indicator, CVT belt temperature warning, neutral, reverse and low oil-pressure warning lights
– Thermo-Plastic Olefin bodywork has a beautiful high-gloss finish that’s more scratch-resistant than polyethylene—so it stays great-looking longer
– Engine and undercarriage guards provide maximum protection from rocks and debris
– Teryx’s battery and electrical parts are located higher and further away from water and harm’s way
– Dual 40W headlights and 8/27W dual taillights mean you’ll see and be seen
Range / Transportability
– Large, 7.4 gal. (28L) fuel tank and excellent fuel efficiency provides the range campers and hunters need to get deep into the bush and back again
– Even with its wide track and large tires, the Teryx is compact enough to fit in the bed of most full-size pickup trucks
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 750 FI 4×4 – Specifications and Technical Details
US MSRP*: $10,499 USD
Canadian MSRP*: $TBA CDN
Engine Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
Valve System SOHC, four valves per cylinder
Starting System Electric
Bore x stroke 85 x 66mm
Compression Ratio 8.8:1
Fuel System 2 x Mikuni 34 mm throttle bodies
Ignition Digital DC-CDI
Transmission Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse, and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
Final drive Selectable four-wheel drive with Variable Front Differential Control, shaft
Frame type Large diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel
Front suspension / wheel travel Adjustable dual A-arm with gas charged shocks / 7.5 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel Adjustable Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with gas charged, reservoir shocks / 7.5 in.
Front tires Maxxis 26×8-12
Rear tires Maxxis 26×10-12
Front brakes Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers
Rear brake Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
Overall length 116.3 in.
Overall width 58.5 in.
Overall height 75.8 in.
Wheelbase 76.0 in.
Ground clearance 11.6 in.
Lighting (2) 35W headlights, (2) 8W taillight, 27W stoplight
Cargo Bed Capacity 500 lbs., 44.2 W x 32.7 L x 11.1 in. H
Towing Capacity 1,300 lbs.
Curb weight 1,395 lbs.
Fuel capacity 7.4 gal.
Instruments Multi-function Digital Meter with speedometer (mph or kph), fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking brake, CVT belt, R/N/P/4WD, water temp and oil pressure indicators
Color Sunbeam Red
Warranty 6 months
Good Times Protection Plan 12, 24, 36, & 48 months
*Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change.