Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2016 Yamaha YZ250 Review
2016 Yamaha YZ250 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
Nothing beats a YZ250 for pure lightweight 2-stroke performance combined with Yamaha reliability and durability…
LONG LIVE THE YZ250 – THE KING OF MX 2-STROKES
Nothing beats a YZ250 for pure lightweight 2-stroke performance combined with Yamaha reliability and durability.
Revive memories of the good ol’ days with a YZ two-stroke! Nothing beats the “bark,” and instanteous throttle response of the lightweight YZ250. Not only is a 2-stroke more affordable and easier to maintain, they also provide a very entertaining ride.
Liquid-cooled, 249cc, piston-reed-valve-inducted, 2-stroke engine is lightweight and compact.
YPVS power valve system features a total of three slides (one main and two auxiliary slides) which provides the benefits of both solid, low rpm power delivery and a strong top-end punch. The YPVS system varies the exhaust port height and timing based on engine rpm.
2016 Yamaha YZ250 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
“Flat-design” seat features multi density foam that provides good initial softness / comfort and then increases the firmness as more pressure is applied. The “pebble” finish on the top and side surfaces provides excellent rider grip and durability.
• Seat, handlebar and fuel tank ergonomics provide excellent freedom of movement for the rider.
• Lightweight YZ250F/450F based wide footpegs provide excellent grip and ground clearance.
• Rugged chain guide helps prevent the chain from de-railing and also helps to protect the rear sprocket.
• Serrated rear brake lever and folding shift lever tip
• Stainless steel, inner clutch cable provides excellent strength, smooth action and long life.
• Heavy-duty 520 “O” ring chain.
• E10 friendly fuel system components
2016 Yamaha YZ250 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Liquid-cooled, 249cc, piston-reed-valve-inducted, 2-stroke engine is lightweight and compact.
• Ceramic composite cylinder bore is a “liner less” design with the ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum block. The benefits include reduced weight (no heavy iron liner), reduced friction, extended cylinder life and excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery.
• YPVS power valve system features a total of three slides (one main and two auxiliary slides) which provides the benefits of both solid, low rpm power delivery and a strong top-end punch. The YPVS system varies the exhaust port height and timing based on engine rpm.
• Keihin PWK38S carburetor with power jet and throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures precise fuel/air mixing and extra-crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
• Special-design, 4-petal, carbon fiber reeds provide great throttle response and engine performance across the entire RPM range.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed, close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch ensures optimal hook-up for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power. Transmission shafts utilize involute splines for smooth, positive shifting even under power.
• Quick-access, outer clutch cover allows for fast, easy clutch maintenance
• CD (capacitor discharge) ignition system delivers a precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for faster, stronger response.
• Washable, dual-stage, foam air filter reduces maintenance costs.
• Large-capacity, dual radiators feature a 10-row core to deliver maximum cooling efficiency.
• Computer designed expansion chamber provides maximum engine performance while the lightweight, aluminum silencer is rebuildable so performance can be maintained at the optimum level and noise levels can be controlled.
• Trick, works-style clutch lever features a race-spec “barrel adjuster” for on-the-fly clutch adjustments.
• Lightweight, aluminum, semi-double-cradle style frame. The obvious benefit of an aluminum frame is a significant reduction in overall machine weight. Yamaha has maintained the semi-double cradle design because it offers an excellent balance between stiff lateral and torsional rigidity while offering more controlled flex in the longitudinal plane. This frame design offers the ideal “rigidity balance” which means it offers the flexibility of a steel frame with the lighter weight of an aluminum frame. This frame is made from a unique mix of castings, forgings and extrusions that provide stiffness where it is required and controlled flexibility in other areas. The result is a super light aluminum frame, which provides excellent handling, good ride quality, excellent stability and responsive cornering performance.
• Removable rear subframe is constructed of square-section, lightweight aluminum pipe. Detachable design allows easy access when servicing rear suspension components.
• Lightweight, tapered, aluminum swingarm is produced using “hydro forming”, a special forming method that uses high pressure water to form shapes.
• Cast aluminum upper and forged lower triple clamps provide both lightweight and strength for fast, precise handling.
• Adjustable handlebar mounts allow the handlebars to be moved 10mm rearward if desired.
• Optimized, “Speed Sensitive System” 48mm, adjustable, inverted, Kayaba cartridge fork features a twin-chamber design. The twin chamber design means the damper unit is in a separate structure which prevents aerated fork oil from entering the inner damper assembly and degrading its damping abilities. Since the inner damper is pressurized, it also eliminates bubbles forming in the oil. The Speed Sensitive System design means the damping force is controlled by the piston speed in the fork not its position.
• Kashima coating on the pressure tank and the piston rod reduce friction for smoother suspension performance. Low friction fork oil seals provide reduced stiction for a smoother stroke.
• This fork also features a Transfer Control Valve (TCV) . The TCV enhances the damping force of the inner damper from mid stroke to full stroke and improves bottoming characteristics. The benefit of TCV is more precise control throughout the full stroke range.
• “Kashima coating” is applied to the fork tubes to reduce friction for smoother suspension performance. Front wheel travel is 300mm (11.8″).
• Front fork adjustments include: 20-way compression damping and 20-way rebound damping. Optional fork springs are available through Genuine Yamaha parts.
• Large, “wrap-around” plastic fork protectors provide excellent protection from dirt, mud and stone chips. The “self-supporting” design reduces friction for smoother fork operation.
• Monocross link rear suspension features a fully adjustable, Kayaba, piggyback shock which provides 315mm (12.4″) of wheel travel and features separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping. Adjustments include: spring preload, 20-way rebound damping, 20-way low-speed compression damping and 2 turns of high speed compression damping. The damper rod is 18mm in diameter, while Kashima coating is used in the shock body and sub tank to reduce friction and improve suspension performance during a long moto. The Kayaba shock utilizes a full rebound oil lock system for excellent suspension function and great ride quality.
• 250mm floating front disc brake with Nissin twin piston caliper features a “wave” style rotor (disc) which reduces weight and improves heat dissipation. The braking performance is excellent with great feel and control.
• “Shorty” style front brake lever is adjustable to fit various hand sizes.
• 245mm rear disc brake with “Wave” style rear rotor (disc) and single piston caliper uses an integrated master cylinder (fluid reservoir is integrated into the top of the master cylinder) for strong stopping power with excellent feel and control.
• The single piston rear brake caliper features a rugged plastic caliper protector, while the lower edge of the disc is protected by a lower disc guard.
• “Sun Star” rear sprocket increases the contact area between the sprocket and chain rollers, thereby reducing the load on the chain and increasing the service life of both chain and sprocket.
• Lightweight, 21″ front and 19″ rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance and handling.
• Modern, aggressive body styling
• Dunlop MX52 series tires.
2016 Yamaha YZ250 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $7,290 – Team Yamaha Blue/White – Available from August 2015
Engine Type 249cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
Bore x Stroke 66.4mm x 72.0mm
Compression Ratio 8.9~10.6:1
Fuel Delivery Keihin® PWK38S
Transmission Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front KYB Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully
adjustable, 11.8-in travel
Suspension / Rear KYB monoshock; fully adjustable, 12.4-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
Tires / Front 80/100-21 MX52 Dunlop®
Tires / Rear 110/90-19 MX52 Dunlop®
L x W x H 85.7 in x 32.6 in x 51.4 in
Seat Height 39.1 in
Wheelbase 58.3 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 26.0°
Trail 4.3 in
Ground Clearance 14.4 in
Fuel Capacity 2.1 gal
Wet Weight*** 227 lb
Warranty 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Team Yamaha Blue/White
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha.
Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle,
accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2016 Yamaha YZ250 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $7599 CDN
2-stroke, liquid-cooled, reed-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
66.4 x 72 mm
IGNITION / STARTING
CDI / Kick
1st gear 1.929 (27/14)
2nd gear 1.533 (23/15)
3rd gear 1.278 (23/18)
4th gear 1.091 (24/22)
5th gear 0.952 (20/21)
Adjustable 48 mm inverted fork / 300 mm (11.8″) travel
Fully adjustable link Monocross / 315 mm (12.4″) travel
250 mm floating disc / twin piston
245 mm disc / single piston
/// CRITICAL DATA
2,147 mm (84.4″)
827 mm (32.6”)
1,299 mm (51.2”)
1,446 mm (56.9”)
367 mm (14.4″)
976 mm (38.4”)
8 litres (1.8 imp. gallons)
103 kg (227 lbs)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
2016 Yamaha YZ250 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: See Dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Model Not Available in Europe
*Starting at MSRP is the manufactured suggested price and excludes delivery, setup, tax, title, license, and additional fees and expenses. Bikes may be shown with optional accessories. Final sale price determined by an authorized dealer. Specifications and MSRP are subject to change.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).