Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2016 Yamaha YZ85 Review
2016 Yamaha YZ85 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
The mini race bike of choice for future champions with its high performance, 2-stroke engine, top shelf suspension and durable Yamaha 2-stroke engine…
MINI READY TO RACE RIGHT OUT OF THE CRATE
The mini race bike of choice for future champions with its high performance, 2-stroke engine, top shelf suspension and durable Yamaha 2-stroke engine.
The YZ85 is ready to race right out of the crate with features like a super potent 85cc , crankcase reed-valve 2-stroke power plant, a rigid single backbone frame and adjustable suspension. Join the “Blue Team” and get ready to fill your trophy case.
Lightweight, compact, 85cc, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke single.
Rigid, semi-double cradle, single backbone, steel frame is ultra-lightweight and incredibly strong providing minimal flex for razor-sharp moto-wining handling.
2016 Yamaha YZ85 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Slim line body design and flat seat provide excellent freedom of movement for the rider. The seat features a pebble finish type seat cover.
• Sealed tapered steering head bearings for extra durability.
• Serrated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever tip
• Wide, cast-alloy serrated footpegs
• Stainless steel inner clutch cable for longer life and smooth operation
• Rubber boots on clutch and brake levers help reduce dirt, mud, and water entry for improved durability.
• Convenient lifting holes in side cover.
• Rugged chain guide helps prevent chain from de-railing and also protects the rear sprocket.
• YZ85 large wheel kit (19″/17″) is available through Yamaha Genuine Parts & Accessories.
• E10 friendly fuel system components
2016 Yamaha YZ85 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Lightweight, compact, 85cc, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke single.
• Crankcase reed valve induction and 28mm Keihin flat-slide carburetor ensures seamless throttle response across the powerband.
• Lightweight, forged piston means less reciprocal mass and less friction for a faster revving engine with excellent durability.
• CD ignition system provides a hot, precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for quicker, stronger response during hard acceleration. This is a maintenance-free system.
• Smooth-shifting, 6-speed transmission with involute splines on main and drive shafts are mated to a heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch delivering maximum hook-up for outstanding acceleration and smooth, positive shifting.
• Clutch cover features a quick remove sub-cover for fast, easy clutch access.
• Lightweight radiator with large size cores and special louvers provides maximum cooling efficiency.
• Washable, dual-stage, foam filter ensures great air filtering performance and easy, economical maintenance.
• Lightweight exhaust system is specially designed to create a broad powerband with strong low-end punch. The aluminium silencer is re-packable to maintain optimum performance and reduced noise levels.
• Rigid, semi-double cradle, single backbone, steel frame is ultra-lightweight and incredibly strong providing minimal flex for razor-sharp, moto-wining handling
• Detachable rear subframe allows easy access for suspension maintenance
• Lightweight box-section aluminium swingarm provides excellent rigidity for excellent rear wheel control and traction.
• Lightweight, adjustable 36mm inverted Kayaba cartridge fork provides 275mm (10.8″) of wheel travel and adjusts for compression and rebound damping. Adjustments include: 20 clicks of both compression and rebound damping. Their construction offers YZ125/250 type valving and low-friction seals to ensure a smooth, compliant stroke for superior suspension performance and handling. Optional fork springs are available through Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories.
• Monocross link rear suspension features a fully adjustable Kayaba piggyback shock providing 282mm (11.1″) of wheel travel. The piggyback design helps to keep the shock cool during a long moto to provide fade resistant damping and consistent performance. Adjustments include spring preload, 15 clicks of compression and 20 clicks of rebound damping. Optional shock springs are available through Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories.
• 220mm front stainless steel disc with twin piston caliper delivers strong stopping power with excellent control and great feedback.
• “Shorty style” adjustable front brake lever can be tailored to fit various hand sizes.
• Clutch lever holder allows for clutch lever reach adjustment to better suit various hand sizes.
• 190mm stainless steel rear disc brake is squeezed by a single piston caliper. The caliper is protected by a rugged plastic protector.
• Lightweight 17″ front and 14″ rear DID rims provide excellent durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
• Modern, aggressive styling
2016 Yamaha YZ85 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,090 – Team Yamaha Blue/White – Available from August 2015
Engine Type 85cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
Bore x Stroke 47.5mm x 47.8mm
Compression Ratio 8.1:1
Fuel Delivery Keihin® PWK 28
Transmission Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic single disc, 190mm
Tires / Front 70/100-17 Dunlop®
Tires / Rear 90/100-14 Dunlop®
L x W x H 71.7 in x 29.9 in x 44.3 in
Seat Height 33.1 in
Wheelbase 49.5 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 26.2°
Trail 3.5 in
Ground Clearance 13.0 in
Fuel Capacity 1.3 gal
Wet Weight*** 157 lb
Warranty 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Team Yamaha Blue/White
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha.
Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle,
accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2016 Yamaha YZ85 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $4999 CDN
2-stroke, liquid-cooled,crankcase reed-valve,single
BORE AND STROKE
47.5 x 47.8mm
IGNITION / STARTING
CDI / Kick
Adjustable 36mm inverted fork / 275mm (10.8″) travel
Fully adjustable link Monocross / 282mm (11.1″) travel
220mm disc / twin piston
190mm disc / single piston
/// CRITICAL DATA
5 litres (1.1 imp. gallons)
71kg (157 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
2016 Yamaha YZ85 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: See Dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Model Not Available in Europe
*Starting at MSRP is the manufactured suggested price and excludes delivery, setup, tax, title, license, and additional fees and expenses. Bikes may be shown with optional accessories. Final sale price determined by an authorized dealer. Specifications and MSRP are subject to change.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).