GOOD TIMES GUARANTEED.
2019 Yamaha TW200:
Versatile and fun to ride! A Do-It-All Dual Sport Machine.
Adaptable and comfortable with fat tires, a low seat and smooth ride makes the TW200 the practical do‑it‑all dual purpose machine.
A low seat, extra-wide tires, and, most importantly, a proven four-stoke engine, have cemented the TW200’s reputation as a unique, fun-loving dual purpose ride. Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran, a camper or a city dweller, this bike guarantees good times.
The TW’s proven, 196cc, air-cooled, SOHC, two-valve, four-stroke single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring or riding around town.
Internal engine counter balancer provides smooth performance while the wide tires provide plenty of grip and a unique style. The long, wide seat design means lots of comfort whether exploring, commuting or just out having fun.
78 MPG Estimated
2019 Yamaha TW200 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Terrain-Conquering Tires
Those big fat tires deliver great traction and rider comfort over a wide range of terrain, and they make the TW200 the most distinctive-looking, dual-purpose machine around.
- Low Seat Height
A low seat and compact chassis help inspire confidence in anybody who rides the TW200, making it one of the most user friendly on/off-road bikes on the market.
- Electric Start
Electric start and full street equipment mean it’s super convenient to ride the TW200 just about wherever you need to go.
Yamaha Introduces 2019 Dual Sport Motorcycles
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, today introduced their 2019 XT250 and TW200 Dual Sport motorcycles, which return to the company’s lineup as two key smaller-displacement models that cover a broad range of use.
Light and nimble with a low seat height, Yamaha durability, electric start and a 249cc air‑cooled engine, the XT250 is the perfect traveling companion. Equipped to handle a multitude of riding conditions that range from city streets to country roads and dirt trails, lengthy adventures await the XT250 thanks to its estimated average fuel economy of 76 mpg.
The 2019 XT250 will be available in a Sandy Beige color scheme, and is scheduled to begin arriving at Yamaha dealerships in June with a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $5,199.
Versatile and very user friendly, the iconic TW200 features a reliable 196cc air-cooled engine, electric start, fat tires and full street equipment for comfortable on and off‑road capability. Exploring new terrain with confidence is the TW200’s specialty, thanks to a low seat height, compact chassis and estimated fuel economy of 78 mpg.
Available in Sandy Beige with a MSRP of $4,599, the fun and friendly 2019 TW200 will begin arriving at Yamaha dealerships in August.
2019 Yamaha TW200 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Super reliable, 196cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring or riding around town.
- Electric starting.
- Fast, easy no hassle starting
- Single overhead camshaft (SOHC), 2-valve cylinder head.
- basic design for easy, less expensive maintenance
- 34 mm intake & 28.5 mm exhaust valves
- utilizes easy to adjust conventional rocker arms & screw type tappet adjusters
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- reduces mechanical engine noise and maintenance
- Aluminum cylinder features a cast iron liner.
- cylinder can be “bored out” in the event of a problem (2 sizes available)
- Lightweight ball bearing mounted crankshaft.
- excellent durability
- fast engine response
- Engine counter balancer.
- reduces engine vibration to maximize rider comfort
- 28mm Teikei carburetor
- carb mounted choke knob
- provides crisp throttle response
- excellent fuel economy
- Washable, foam air filter reduces maintenance costs.
- Easy access element-type oil filter & drain plug for fast oil changes.
- Smooth shifting 5-speed transmission with manual clutch.
- optimized gear ratios for both on & off road riding
- 5th gear is an overdrive gear to reduce engine rpm at highway speeds
- Upswept exhaust system
- exhaust note is quiet & environmentally friendly
- cleanable spark arrestor
- heat shields on header pipe & muffler protect rider & passenger from accidental contact
- Maintenance-free capacitor discharge ignition (CDI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Rugged, aluminum engine skid plate
- Compact, diamond-type, high-tensile steel frame.
- Rugged, steel box section swingarm.
- grease fittings at the swingarm pivot points for easy maintenance & extended service life
- fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters
- 33mm front fork with 160mm (6.3″) of wheel travel
- soaks up the bumps for a comfortable ride
- rubber fork boots (gaiters) keep dirt and grit out of fork seals for extended life
- Single shock Monocross link rear suspension with 150mm (5.9″) of wheel travel.
- 220mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper
- ensures serious stopping power
- Rear drum brake
- solid stopping power
- easy-to-use, wing nut style adjuster
- Wide, 130/80-18 front tire & unique 180/80-14 rear tire.
- deliver extra traction & great rider comfort over a wide range of terrain
- rear tire helps make TW200 the most distinct-looking dual purpose machine in the industry
- Low, 790mm (31.1″) seat height
- allows most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground.
- 7 litre steel fuel tank
- on/off/reserve fuel petcock provides peace of mind
- 1.7 litre reserve
- Lightweight aluminum alloy front & rear rims
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance
- Powerful, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
- Mini, enduro style fairing
- helps reduce wind buffeting at highway speeds
- adds a styling highlight too.
- Compact meter / instrument assembly
- functions include: speedometer, odometer & resettable trip meter
- indicator lights for neutral, high beam & turn signals
- Flexible turn signals resist damage
- Oil level sight glass
- Locking helmet holder
- Locking steering & gas cap
- Handy rear cargo platform
- Bungee cord hook points (4), below the cargo platform
- Serrated, folding, steel foot pegs
- Passenger pegs & passenger grab strap
- Rubber “boots” on brake & clutch levers help reduce mud & dirt damage/wear
2019 Yamaha TW200 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4599 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $5299 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
Engine Type 196cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 67.0mm x 55.7mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® 28mm
Transmission Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Telescopic fork; 6.3-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 5.9-in travel
Brakes / Front Single disc, 220mm
Brakes / Rear Drum, 110mm
Tires / Front 130/80-18
Tires / Rear 180/80-14
L x W x H 82.3 in x 32.3 in x 44.1 in
Seat Height 31.1 in
Wheelbase 52.2 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 25.8°
Trail 3.4 in
Fuel Capacity 1.8 gal
Fuel Economy** 78 mpg
Wet Weight*** 278 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Sandy Beige
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2019 Yamaha TW200 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|Air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|67 x 55.7mm|
|1.4kg-m (10.1ft-lb)@ 7,000 rpm|
|Estimated Fuel Consumption±|
|33kpl / 93.2mpg (Imp.)|
|Ignition / Starting|
|CDI / Electric Start|
|33mm fork / 160mm (6.3″) wheel travel|
|Monocross / 150mm (5.9″) wheel travel|
|220mm disc / twin piston caliper|
|7 litres (1.5 imp. gallons)|
|126kg (278 lb)|
2019 Yamaha TW200 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2019 Yamaha TW200 – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).