THE DO‑IT‑ALL DUAL SPORT.
2020 Yamaha TW200:
Adaptable and comfortable with fat tires, a low seat and a smooth ride makes it a practical do‑it‑all, dual purpose machine.
A low seat, extra-wide tires, and a proven four-stoke engine have cemented the TW200’s reputation as a unique, fun-loving dual purpose ride. Whether you’re a beginner or a veteran, a camper or a city dweller, this bike guarantees good times.
The TW’s proven, 196 cc, air-cooled, four-stroke single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring or riding around town.
An internal engine counterbalancer provides smooth performance while wide tires provide plenty of grip and a unique style. The long, wide seat design means lots of comfort whether exploring, commuting or just out having fun.
2020 Yamaha TW200 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Flexible turn signals resist damage
- Oil level sight glass
- Locking helmet holder
- Locking steering and gas cap
- Handy rear cargo platform
- Bungee cord hook points (4), below the cargo platform
- Serrated, folding, steel foot pegs
- Passenger pegs and passenger grab strap
- Rubber “boots” on brake and clutch levers help reduce mud & dirt damage/wear
2020 Yamaha TW200 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Super reliable, 196 cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring or riding around town.
- Electric starting.
- Fast, easy, no-hassle starting
- Single overhead camshaft (SOHC), 2-valve cylinder head.
- basic design for easy, less expensive maintenance
- 34 mm intake and 28.5 mm exhaust valves
- utilizes easy to adjust conventional rocker arms and screw-type tappet adjusters
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- reduces mechanical engine noise and maintenance
- Aluminum cylinder features a cast iron liner.
- cylinder can be “bored out” in the event of a problem (2 sizes available)
- Lightweight ball-bearing-mounted crankshaft.
- excellent durability
- fast engine response
- Engine counterbalancer.
- reduces engine vibration to maximize rider comfort
- 28 mm Teikei carburetor
- carb-mounted choke knob
- provides crisp throttle response
- excellent fuel economy
- Washable, foam air filter reduces maintenance costs.
- Easy-access element-type oil filter and drain plug for fast oil changes.
- Smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission with manual clutch.
- optimized gear ratios for both on- and off-road riding
- 5th gear is an overdrive gear to reduce engine rpm at highway speeds
- Up-swept exhaust system
- exhaust note is quiet and environmentally friendly
- cleanable spark arrestor
- heat shields on header pipe and muffler protect rider and passenger from accidental contact
- Maintenance-free capacitor discharge ignition (CDI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing/mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpm
- Rugged, aluminum engine skid plate
- Compact, diamond-type, high-tensile steel frame.
- Rugged, steel box-section swingarm.
- grease fittings at the swingarm pivot points for easy maintenance and extended service life
- fitted with easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters
- 33 mm front fork with 160 mm (6.3″) of wheel travel
- soaks up the bumps for a comfortable ride
- rubber fork boots (gaiters) keep dirt and grit out of fork seals for extended life
- Single-shock Monocross link rear suspension with 150 mm (5.9″) of wheel travel.
- 220 mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper
- ensures serious stopping power
- Rear drum brake
- solid stopping power
- easy-to-use, wing-nut-style adjuster
- Wide, 130/80-18 front tire and unique 180/80-14 rear tire.
- deliver extra traction and great rider comfort over a wide range of terrain
- rear tire helps make TW200 the most distinct-looking dual purpose machine in the industry
- Low, 790 mm (31.1″) seat height
- allows most riders to put both feet firmly on the ground.
- 7-litre steel fuel tank
- on/off/reserve fuel petcock provides peace of mind
- 1.7-litre reserve
- Lightweight aluminum alloy front and rear rims
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance
- Powerful, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight
- Mini, enduro-style fairing
- helps reduce wind buffeting at highway speeds
- adds a styling highlight too.
- Compact meter / instrument assembly
- functions include: speedometer, odometer & resettable trip meter
- indicator lights for neutral, high beam & turn signals
- retro paint and graphics
2020 Yamaha TW200 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,599 – Sandy Beige
Canada MSRP Price: $5,399 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £See dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in AU
Engine Type 196cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 67.0mm x 55.7mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® 28mm
Transmission Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Telescopic fork; 6.3-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 5.9-in travel
Brakes / Front Single disc, 220mm
Brakes / Rear Drum, 110mm
Tires / Front 130/80-18
Tires / Rear 180/80-14
L x W x H 82.3 in x 32.3 in x 44.1 in
Seat Height 31.1 in
Wheelbase 52.2 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 25.8°
Trail 3.4 in
Fuel Capacity 1.8 gal
Fuel Economy** 78 mpg
Wet Weight*** 278 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Sandy Beige
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2020 Yamaha TW200 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|Air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|67 x 55.7mm|
|1.4kg-m (10.1ft-lb)@ 7,000 rpm|
|Estimated Fuel Consumption±|
|33kpl / 93.2mpg (Imp.)|
|Ignition / Starting|
|CDI / Electric Start|
|Constant mesh, 5-speed|
|33mm fork / 160mm (6.3″) wheel travel|
|Monocross / 150mm (5.9″) wheel travel|
|220mm disc / twin piston caliper|
|7 litres (1.5 imp. gallons)|
|126kg (278 lb)|
2020 Yamaha TW200 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2020 Yamaha TW200 – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).