Contents: Review – Key Features – Features & Benefits – Specifications
Contents: Review – Key Features – Features & Benefits – Specifications
Introducing the 2023 Suzuki V-Strom 1050DE Adventure…
The 2023 V-STROM 1050 models are Engineered for the Unexpected. Suzuki further enhanced these legendary Adventure motorcycles so you can conquer the unexpected. Continuing the reputation of a reliable sports adventure tourer, these models deliver a stronger connection between rider and machine. Thanks to an updated Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.), V-STROM 1050 riders have even more comfort and control over varied terrain and conditions.
The 2023 V-STROM 1050, the V-STROM 1050DE, and V-STROM 1050DE Adventure let riders easily escape into the great outdoors and explore to their heart’s content, whether that’s long-distance pavement-oriented touring or exploring gravel roads and country trails.
Daring riders have long looked to the Suzuki V-Strom as the starting point of serious on- and off-road riding adventures. The V-Strom’s performance, reliability, and comfort was already there, and the platform could be personalized to manage the rigors of adventure touring in less hospitable environments.
The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure’s proven V-twin engine rides in a chassis with increased ground clearance to accommodate a new 21-inch front and 17-inch rear spoke-style wheels with more aggressive Dunlop ADV-ready tires. This V-STROM also gains a longer rake and wheelbase for more control on gravel roads and dirt trails, a longer suspension stroke to better absorb bumps on rough surfaces, as well as wide steel foot pegs and a large diameter tapered-aluminum handlebar.
A new 5-inch color TFT LCD multi-function instrument panel clearly displays the expanded Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) settings that include a new Gravel (G) mode to the Suzuki Traction Control System* and the ability to switch off the rear ABS**. The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure further emphasizes the aggressive look of its Suzuki Dakar-inspired styling with its unique front fender, aluminum engine protector, and rugged accessory bar.
Ready to explore to the ends of the earth, the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure is also equipped with Suzuki’s rugged aluminum pannier set to carry your gear with ease while the standard LED fog lamp set lights up each new trail.
No other ADV motorcycle can match the 2023 V-STROM 1050DE Adventure’s emphasis on all-terrain capability with world traveler pedigree and the value that is synonymous with the name “V-Strom”.
2023 Suzuki V-Strom 1050DE Adventure Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure’s ADV-themed styling retains Suzuki’s original rally-beak look, paying homage to past Suzuki Dakar Rally bikes and the DR-Big large-displacement DualSport.
Versatile for any ride, the 1037cc, V-twin engine produces more horsepower than ever before, retaining its strong pull in the lower-rpm range and good fuel economy while complying with worldwide emissions standards.
Ready to go off-pavement, the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) now includes a bi-directional quick shift system, a new Gravel (G) mode to the Suzuki Traction Control System* and the ability to switch off the rear ABS**.
An all-new, 5-inch color TFT LCD multi-function instrument panel features a display that is clearly legible at nighttime or in bright sun. A USB port to the side of the instrument panel supplies power for smartphones or other accessories like a GPS.
The V-Strom’s narrow and nimble chassis legacy continues with a durable, twin-spar aluminum frame coupled to a new, longer more rigid swingarm that supports the new longer suspension resulting in more ground clearance.
The longer, fully adjustable, inverted fork holds radially mounted four-piston brake calipers that grasp dual brake rotors mounted to a 21-inch spoke-style front wheel carrying an aggressive Dunlop TRAILMAX MIXTOUR Adventure tire.
*The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Traction control cannot prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
THE MASTER OF ADVENTURE
Escape the everyday and go out in the wild. Take the adventurous spirit of the new generation V-Strom 1050XT with its intelligent functionality you have unlimited potential to explore. Go beyond your boundaries and dive into your next adventure.
POWERFUL V-TWIN ENGINE
The V-Strom 1050XT is driven by a powerful V-Twin engine combining not only power but, character, excitement and economy too. The engine delivers a deep rumble from low rpm, as the revs rise linear torque through the mid-range and a maximum 107.4PS at high rpm. This engine is as enjoyable as it is easy to use making it versatile, excelling on any road or adventure.
XT TOUR EXTRAS
The V-Strom 1050XT Tour comes with all of the incredible features and specifications of the V-Strom 1050XT but with added extras, including a Black Aluminium top case (38 litre capacity), Carrier plate for Black Aluminium top case, Black Aluminium side case set (37 litre capacity per case), Black Aluminium side case carrier set and Lock set (6pcs).
EXCLUSIVE XT EQUIPMENT
The V-Strom 1050XT sits at the top pf the V-Strom range and comes highly equipped as standard. As well as its spoked wheels and a complete array of electronic rider aids it’s also fitted with an aluminium under cowling, lower accessory bar, LED turn signals, knuckle covers, adjustable screen, adjustable seat, centre stand and 12V DC socket.
LIGHTWEIGHT AND AGILE
The V-Stroms lightweight and compact chassis is as important as its V-Twin engine when it comes to defining its character. Slim, even with a practical 20 litre fuel tank, it allows the rider to easily place their feet on the floor when stationary. It’s design also means an agile and stable adventure bike, which can cover motorway miles with ease while also comfortably negotiating twisty mountain passes and hairpin bends.
The seat is height adjustable on the V-Strom 1050XT, allowing riders to tailor their bike to suit. There are two positions, ranging from 850-870mm. The seat is also well cushioned for comfort, while maintaining support. Almost no clearance is created with the fuel tank when set at the high position, maintaining the continuity of the styling. A 30mm lower accessory option is also available.
EASY ADJUST SCREEN
The screen shape and size has been defined by extensive wind tunnel testing. The height can be adjusted to suit the rider’s stature or preferences adjustable by 50mm to one of 11 positions. The V-Strom 1050XT screen is adjusted by hand using a quick release handle toward the front, lower section of the screen, with no tools required.
SUSPENSION AND BRAKES
The spring preload and compression/rebound damping of the KYB inverted front forks can be fully adjusted, allowing the suspension to be set based on the preference of the rider or the usage conditions. The rear suspension is a bottom link type mono-shock, and the preload can be adjusted simply by turning the easy access dial by hand. The Tokico monobloc front brake calipers are mounted radially and offer strong braking performance and control. Features two 310mm floating discs, 5mm thick and made from stainless steel. The rear brake has a 38mm single piston pin-slide caliper and 260mm disc.
SUZUKI INTELLIGENT RIDE SYSTEM (SIRS)
The Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (SIRS) is a complete package of modern rider aids to help support your riding adventures. The system incorporates the Motion Track Brake System, Hill Hold Control System, Slope Dependent Control System, Load Dependent Control System, Cruise Control System, Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) and a Traction Control System. The systems are powered by a new ride-by-wire throttle and a 6 direction 3 axis IMU sensor to provide riders with intelligent controls to enhance ease of use, convenience, comfort and enjoyment.
Motion Track Brake System
Yellow V-Strom 1050XT bike with a mountain range. The Master of Adventure, the best all round adventure bike
Cruise Control System
OUR DESIGN DNA
The V-Strom 1050XT incorporates elements of both Suzuki’s legendary DR-Z prototype desert racer and the production DR-BIG model. The characteristic beak design, first adopted by Suzuki, stays true to Suzuki’s heritage while evolving the new generation machines for a bolder more aggressive look.
2023 Suzuki V-Strom 1050DE Adventure Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
The liquid-cooled, DOHC, 1037cc, 90-degree, V-twin engine delivers more horsepower with the same level of torque and fuel economy while achieving worldwide emissions compliance.
The perfect primary balance provided by the 90-degree V-twin design negates the need for any balancer shafts or rubber mounting, as the engine has smooth power pulses.
The large-bore, high-compression pistons were engineered with the use of FEM analysis to achieve ideal rigidity, weight, and improved durability.
These pistons move within Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)–plated cylinder bores that are integrated into the upper crankcase for low weight, increased durability, reduced friction, and excellent heat dissipation.
Both the exhaust and intake camshafts have increased valve lift timing with less overlap to boost engine power while reducing fuel consumption.
The V-STROM 1050DE and 1050DE Adventure are the first Suzuki motorcycles to employ hollow sodium-filled exhaust valves. These valves help reduce temperature in the combustion chamber, improving flow efficiency and durability.
The Ride-by-Wire electronic throttle system is updated to take advantage of the powerful 32-bit ECM to control the action of the throttle valves with more finely tuned settings that better balance the relationship between throttle action and engine output characteristics.
- The grip return force is also recalibrated to provide even better feel and control to the rider.
- Overall, Suzuki’s electronic throttle system is simpler and more compact than a mechanical throttle. Each cylinder is fed by a large, 49mm electronic-controlled throttle body with a single butterfly valve that is opened and closed by its own independent motor for precise throttle control.
- Since the Ride-by-Wire system does not use mechanical cables, the throttle feel to the rider is smooth and linear. With no cables connected to the throttle grip, installation of a Suzuki accessory heated grip set is simplified.
The V-STROM’s electronic throttle system precisely maintains a stable engine idle under all conditions.
- This precise idle control is key to the V-STROM’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during takeoff and low-speed riding to smooth the power delivery and to help reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
Each cylinder has a 10-hole fuel injector, located downstream of the throttle body on the intake manifold, which creates good fuel atomization for superior combustion efficiency and low fuel consumption.
The air cleaner box uses specially designed, elongated intake funnels to boost torque at lower engine speeds to help achieve the V-Twin engine’s unique power characteristics.
The transistorized digital ignition system independently fires the dual spark plugs in each cylinder head for more complete combustion by igniting the mixture at the ideal moment.
- Twin iridium-type spark plugs are used in the Dual Spark Plug System to deliver a more condensed and hotter spark, yet they last longer than conventional plugs.
The single-silencer exhaust configuration reduces weight and has a low center of gravity to aid handling, maneuverability, and luggage mounting.
- The V-STROM’s exhaust uses a compact, high-efficiency catalyzer to achieve an effective level of emission control while providing good flow to match the engine’s performance.
Matched to the efficient exhaust, the Suzuki Pulsed Secondary Air Injection (PAIR) system injects fresh air into the exhaust ports to satisfy a variety of US and international emission standards without sacrificing performance.
The V-STROM’s radiator has 15% increased cooling capacity (compared to prior generation V-Strom 1000) to accommodate high engine output. Coolant temperature is stabilized via a thermostatically controlled cooling fan.
A liquid-cooled oil cooler is located where the oil filter is attached to the engine. This compact, lightweight cooler takes up less space than a conventional oil cooler while reducing lubrication oil temperature.
A durable bronze finish paint is applied to the cylinder head covers, clutch cover, magneto cover, and water pump case for a striking contrast with the black crankcase.
Replaceable plastic shields protect engine parts, such as the clutch cover, from scuffs from the rider’s boots.
TRANSMISSION & DRIVELINE FEATURES
The six-speed, close-ratio transmission is updated with higher gear ratios in first and sixth gear that smooth the shift action into second and higher gears. This also increases the sensation of acceleration to the rider when opening the throttle. The updated gear ratios also contribute to the smooth operation of the new Bi-directional Quick Shift system.
The transmission’s output is managed by the Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS). This system works like a slipper clutch by allowing a small amount of clutch slip to enable smooth downshifts. It also works as an assist clutch, making the clutch lever pull light and precise.
Riding on durable steel sprockets, a new stronger and longer O-ring style drive chain (RK525 x 120L) contains lubrication pre-packed between the pins and rollers for quiet, reliable operation.
ADVANCED ELECTRONICS FEATURE
Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
- Essential to Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) operation, the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure’s IMU measures six directions of movement along three axes (as compared to the five directions measured by the prior V-Strom 1000). The IMU detects pitch, roll, and yaw movement based on the motorcycle’s position, movement, and acceleration.
- This high-performance six-direction IMU, supplied by Bosch, combines a three-axis angular rate sensor (gyrometer) and a three-axis acceleration sensor in a single compact unit.
CAN (Controller Area Network) Technology
- Also key to the operation of the S.I.R.S., the V-STROM 1050DE uses an interconnected information network instead of a conventional wiring harness.
- Because it requires fewer wires, this CAN-wiring lets the vehicle be lighter and simpler and provides a way for the advanced components – such as the cruise control – to have faster data transmission with the ECM.
- The CAN-wiring also provides a single connection point for diagnosing any errors that may occur throughout the entire network.
Engine Control Module (ECM)
- The 32-bit ECM has a fast processor and new programming to efficiently operate the fuel-injection system, Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies, ignition, and other electrical features on the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure.
ABS Control Unit
- The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure is equipped with a new Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** control unit that is more compact and lighter in weight than the prior unit.
- Working in conjunction with the IMU, the ABS control unit is key to the operation of the Motion Track Brake System, Slope Dependent Control System, Load Dependent Control System, and Hill Hold Control System.
SUZUKI INTELLIGENT RIDE SYSTEM (S.I.R.S.) FEATURES
The 2023 V-STROM 1050DE Adventure has an updated version of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) that includes the Motion Track Anti-lock** & Combination Brake System, Hill Hold Control System, Slope Dependent Control System, and Load Dependent Control System that assists braking performance in a variety of conditions.
- Unique to the V-STROM 1050DE and 1050DE Adventure is a new, additional Gravel (G) mode in the Suzuki Traction Control System* that retards ignition timing to help the rider better negotiate gravel roads by allowing some slip when riding on unpaved surfaces.
- Also unique to the V-STROM 1050DE and 1050DE Adventure is the ability to switch off the rear ABS** for improved performance on gravel and other unpaved surfaces.
- I.R.S. also includes the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS), and new Cruise Control and Bi-Directional Quick Shift systems. Each element of S.I.R.S. provides V-STROM 1050DE riders stress-free use and convenience while riding.
Cruise Control System
- The cruise control system maintains the selected road speed without the rider having to hold the throttle open – a welcome feature that can reduce rider fatigue. More advanced than the system used on the 2022 V-STROM 1050XT, cruising speed can be set when riding in second gear or higher at engine speed of 2,000 to 7,000 RPM or when riding between 30 MPH to 100 MPH in fourth gear or higher. This translates to cruising speed range options of approximately 15 to 100 MPH (25 to 160 km/h).
- A button on the right handlebar switch assembly can be pressed to put cruise control into standby, and a rocker-style selector switch on the left handlebar switch assembly lets the rider set the cruising speed, adjust the speed up or down, or resume to the preset speed. Cruise control function icons and indicators are located on the TFT instrument panel.
The new Bi-directional Quick Shift System (QS) allows the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure rider to shift up or down quickly and easily, without operating the clutch or throttle.
- To ensure smooth upshifts, QS automatically interrupts power delivery just long enough to produce smooth, almost uninterrupted acceleration. When decelerating, the system automatically opens the throttle valves just enough to increase rpm and match engine speed to the next-lower gear. The result is that this hands-free, automatic function combines seamlessly with engine braking to create a highly satisfying experience when downshifting.
- The bi-directional QS works seamlessly in concert with S-DMS to bring riders even greater riding enjoyment.
- Performance of the V-STROM’s SACS-style, assist-and-slipper clutch ensures even smoother up- and down-shifts when using QS or manual clutch operation.
- A unique, new shift position sensor sends shifter movement data to the ECM, so the Bi-directional Quick Shift system precisely responds to the rider’s actions.
Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS)
- The V-STROM 1050 Adventure includes a three-mode S-DMS system that lets the rider select the engine’s power delivery characteristic to match riding ability and conditions. Working in concert with the Traction Control System*, S-DMS permits peak power in each mode while changing the nature of the power delivery.
- A Mode – provides sharp throttle response.
- B Mode – provides a moderate throttle response.
- C Mode – provides the softest throttle response of the three modes.
Motion Track Anti-lock & Combination Brake System (ABS)
- The Motion Track Anti-lock** and Combination Brake System combines IMU-measured, spatial information of the motorcycle’s posture in conjunction with front and rear wheel speeds. This allows the ABS** to not only activate in a straight line but also when the vehicle is leaning or turning.
- V-STROM 1050DE Adventure riders can select between two levels of ABS activation sensitivity. ABS function and modes are displayed on the multifunction instrument panel.
- ABS mode 1 provides minimal anti-lock brake intervention.
- ABS mode 2 provides more anti-lock brake intervention than Mode 1.
- Available only on the V-STROM 1050DE and 1050DE Adventure, the rider can switch off rear ABS** for improved performance on gravel and other unpaved surfaces.
- ABS activation for the front wheel cannot be switched off – it is always active.
Traction Control System
- Suzuki debuted its first motorcycle Traction Control System* on the 2014 V-Strom 1000, and the five-mode system on the 2023 V-STROM 1050DE Adventure lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence by limiting rear wheel spin in a variety of riding conditions.
- The Traction Control System* continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and transmission gear. It quickly reduces engine output when it detects wheel spin by adjusting ignition timing and air delivery.
- The rider can select one of four modes (1, 2, 3, G and OFF). The four active modes differ in terms of rear wheel spin sensitivity.
- Mode 1 is the lowest sensitivity – it allows a certain degree of rear wheel spin and is best suited for good road conditions.
- Mode 2 is a moderate sensitivity level – the system engages traction control sooner than Mode 1 and is for average road conditions.
- Mode 3 is the highest sensitivity level – the system engages traction control sooner than the other modes to virtually eliminate wheel spin, and is for poor or slippery road conditions, like wet and cold gravel surfaces.
- Gravel mode (G) is a new, additional traction control setting that retards ignition timing to help the rider better negotiate gravel roads by allowing some slip when riding on unpaved surfaces.
- OFF disengages all traction control features – the rider has sole control of the engine’s throttle and any resulting rear wheel spin.
Hill Hold Control System
- When stopping upward on a hill and applying the brakes, this system automatically operates the rear brake for around 30 seconds to prevent the motorcycle from rolling back down the hill even if the rider releases the brake lever or pedal. This allows the rider to focus on a smoother takeoff when on the hill side.
- When the rider releases the brake lever or foot pedal, the ECM detects the rider’s intention to ride forward and releases the rear brake pressure smoothly.
- The rider can also disengage the Hill Hold System by squeezing the front brake lever twice or use the left handlebar control and the instrument panel with the system off.
Slope Dependent Control System
- The Slope Dependent Control System constantly monitors the posture of the vehicle even when the vehicle is traveling downhill. When the rider operates a brake lever or pedal when riding downhill, the electronic control unit adjusts brake pressure to prevent rear wheel lift.
Load Dependent Control System
- This system helps the rider to achieve optimal braking in response to the load on the motorcycle (passenger and/or cargo).
- Through continual measurement of IMU information and hydraulic brake pressure, the system constantly learns about braking deceleration as the load’s weight increases or decreases when riding with cargo or a passenger.
- The system retains this information to improve braking performance by adjusting rear brake hydraulic pressure as the load on the motorcycle increases.
The Suzuki Easy Start System
- Easy Start allows the rider to easily start the engine with a single, momentary press of the starter button. In any weather conditions or with any engine temperature, there is no need to hold down the starter button until the engine fires. Easy Start is managed by the ECM so that the starter motor automatically stops once the engine has started.
Low RPM Assist System
- Low RPM Assist seamlessly increases engine speed to smooth the power delivery when launching from a standing start or riding at low speeds, which helps ensure better control and operation in stop-and-go traffic. The system also minimizes the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle during take-off.
For the 2023 V-STROM 1050 models, Suzuki decided to create a new variation on proven chassis architecture to offer riders a choice of optimization geared toward their intended use or riding preferences.
- Specifically, the V-STROM 1050 retains its great all-round adventure touring setup with a focus more on comfort and riding pleasure for long-distance on-road outings.
- In contrast, the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure aims to provide even better performance and control for those who wish to spend more of their time exploring gravel roads and flat dirt trails.
- The V-STROM 1050DE and the 1050DE Adventure get their own dedicated chassis geometry with a longer wheelbase, longer rake, more ground clearance and a wider handlebar grip. The purpose is to improve stability and controllability when riding on unpaved surfaces and to provide a comfortable riding position that effectively distributes weight to the front and rear.
The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure continues the trim, distinctive styling that incorporates elements of both Suzuki’s legendary DR-Z Dakar racer and the large DualSport DR-Big. Since its introduction by Suzuki, the characteristic off-road beak design has become an integral feature of a modern Adventure-style motorcycle.
Augmented by new body colors and graphics, the V-STROM’s beak flows into a vertically stacked LED headlight with a unique rectangular shape, then upward to a new, shorter windscreen. The headlight effectively illuminates the road surfaces and surrounding areas, so the rider has an excellent view of what is ahead.
The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure receives a unique, smaller windscreen designed to maximize visibility when riding on dirt trails and on gravel roads. Over three inches (80 mm) shorter and slightly narrower than the V-STROM 1050 windscreen, it has been developed to reduce wind buffeting to the rider’s helmet.
- The height of the windscreen is adjustable using basic hand tools. Suzuki accessory kits to add a higher windscreen or quick-release height adjustment are available.
A mounting bar just below the rider’s eye level is part of the windscreen mount, providing a good place to position accessories like a GPS for navigation.
The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure has a new 1.57-inch wider (40 mm overall, 20 mm per side) tapered aluminum handlebar. Cast in thicker tubing from a softer grade of aluminum than the V-STROM 1050 handlebar, this construction allows more flex when riding on unpaved surfaces and better shock absorption for greater comfort. In addition, the wider grip position provides enhanced control, particularly when standing on the foot pegs to negotiate rough terrain.
Both the clutch and front brake levers have adjustment knobs so the rider can quickly set them to a comfortable reach. The shifter and rear brake pedal can also be adjusted to the rider’s preference.
The mirrors feature a design that complements the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure’s styling while proving an excellent view of objects behind the rider.
Wide, steel footrests help the rider comfortably maneuver the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure on diverse types of roads. Rubber inserts damp vibration but can be removed so the rider’s boots can have even more grip of the pegs.
The slender chassis, thanks to the narrow V-twin engine design, fuel tank and trim seat, helps the rider’s legs reach the ground more easily than other models in the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure’s category.
The fuel tank has a generous 5.3-gallon capacity and its shape and protective cover have been designed for a slim tank-and-seat junction for rider comfort.
A sizable portion of the V-Strom legacy is its durable, twin-spar aluminum frame that balances weight and rigidity for optimal handling on all types of roads.
- The V-STROM 1050DE and 1050DE Adventure’s aluminum alloy frame incorporates cast sections along with extruded sections that deliver the proper amount of suppleness and strength to the chassis.
The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure uses a new sub-frame with stronger seat rails and battery and rear fender brackets that better withstand the shocks from riding on unpaved surfaces.
The rider’s seat features a fixed-height design with a new bottom shape that increases rigidity while reducing weight by 1.5 lbs. (706 g, a 37% reduction in mass).
- Designed for durability, this new seat is more durable for riding on unpaved surfaces, as well as to weight shifts as the rider changes position.
- The rider and pillion seats provide a comfortable upright riding position that reduces fatigue, even when riding for long distances. The sides of both seats are covered with high-grip texture material to help the rider and passenger stay connected to the motorcycle.
The 43mm KYB inverted front fork delivers a controlled, yet plush ride in diverse conditions. The fork legs have adjustable spring preload plus compression and rebound-damping force adjusters.
- The front and rear suspension spring rates, damping force valving, and piston settings were custom-tuned for the V-STROM 1050DE to maximize performance and comfort when riding on unpaved surfaces.
- The updates to the front suspension result in a longer 6.7 in. (170 mm) fork stroke. This is an increase of 0.4 in. (10 mm) over the prior V-STROM 1050XT fork stroke.
The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure uses a new three-piece front fender assembly that combines the effectiveness of a conventional V-STROM fender with the protection of fork guards like those used on an MX bike.
- This Suzuki-unique structure yields a stronger connection to the fork legs that can better withstand the shocks encountered when riding on unpaved surfaces.
- An added aesthetic benefit of this front fender assembly is the fork guards are color coordinated to other body parts.
Movement of the new cast aluminum swingarm is controlled by a single rear shock with remote, hydraulic spring preload adjustment so adjusting for cargo or a passenger takes just seconds. The single-shock, link-style rear suspension also features rebound-damping force adjustment.
- The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure has a new longer version of the proven V-STROM 1050 swingarm. To retain nimble handling, this new swingarm has the same vertical and lateral rigidity with 10% increased torsional rigidity that complements the V-STROM 1050DE’s chassis geometry and longer wheelbase, resulting in superb straight-line stability.
- Updates to the rear suspension result in longer 6.6 in. (168 mm) rear wheel travel. This is an increase of 0.3 in. (8 mm) over the prior V-STROM 1050XT rear wheel travel.
Because of the suspension changes, front wheel diameter, and chassis geometry, the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure ground clearance is 1.0 in. more than the V-STROM 1050. This helps the motorcycle ride over uneven terrain without touching the bottom of the frame to the ground.
- Ground clearance V-STROM 1050DE 7.5 in. (190 mm)
- Ground clearance V-STROM 1050 6.5 in. (165 mm)
Radial-mounted Tokico four-piston front brake calipers are mated with 310mm floating-mount dual discs. These efficient calipers are connected to the Motion Track Anti-lock** and Combination Brake System for strong stopping performance.
The rear brake combines a 260mm outer diameter disc with a NISSIN-supplied single-piston caliper that provides fine braking control at all road speeds.
The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure rides on spoke-style wheels and adopts a 21-inch aluminum, tube-type front rim for greater stability and control when riding on unpaved surfaces (the rear wheel is a tubeless type).
- The 90/90-21 Dunlop TRAILMAX MIXTOUR tire in the front and 150/70R17 Dunlop TRAILMAX MIXTOUR tire in the rear feature a semi-block pattern and an internal structure designed exclusively for aggressive adventure riding.
- A specific version of these new adventure tires were developed for the V-STROM 1050DE to provide solid performance on the road, as well as good grip and nimble handling when exploring gravel roads and dirt trails.
Because of the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure higher stance chassis, it is equipped with longer, model-unique side- and center-stands. The sturdy center-stand is a standard feature that aids the rider when servicing the motorcycle or loading luggage.
A large, resin luggage rack incorporates passenger grab handles while providing a flat and level platform for cargo or the mounting of Suzuki accessory top cases.
Providing a sturdy mount for the LED fog lights, plus reducing damage in a tip over, a sturdy accessory bar is mounted to the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure.
Especially designed for off-pavement use, a new aluminum plate engine protector shields the front and bottom of the frame, exhaust header, and engine from trail debris.
Included are Suzuki’s ADV-style, 37-liter aluminum panniers that attach to powder-coated, stainless-steel carriers.
- The pannier’s have an anodized silver finish that corroborates the world-traveler appearance of the V-STROM 1050DE Adventure.
- Fashioned out of 1.5mm thick aluminum plates with super-strong, no-pierce rivet technology, these rugged panniers offer several features, including hinged lids that stay in place when open, internal, and external tie-down points, plus keyed stainless-steel latches, and quick-release hardware.
- Built to be waterproof with rubber-sealing lids, these panniers have powder-coated interiors that avoid transferring aluminum stains to cargo.
The 2023 V-STROM 1050DE Adventure’s instrument panel uses a new-generation 5-inch, full-color TFT LCD screen. This TFT display is the first of its kind on a Suzuki Adventure motorcycle.
This high-quality instrument panel is set into the upper fairing above the handlebars, for good visibility and protection from road debris. The TFT panel, itself, features a scratch-resistant surface, and an anti-reflective coating that improves visibility in bright light.
The brightness adjustable TFT display delivers a wide range of useful information, keeping the rider fully aware of all the bike’s systems, settings, and real-time operating status.
- The display can be set for manual or automatic switching between Day Mode (white background) and Night Mode (black background). The display’s general brightness can be set to automatically adjust to the ambient light-level, or manually set to suit the rider’s preference.
The TFT panel provides operational information in an easily recognizable way:
- The left side of the panel has an analog tachometer animation with a sweeping red needle that accurately shows engine speed all the way up to the 9,250 RPM redline.
- The tachometer can be preset to flash at certain engine speeds, acting like a shift-light.
- To the left, center of the panel is a digital speedometer, quick-shift system status indicator, and gear position indicator. Directly below the speed display is a fuel level gauge.
- The upper right portion of the panel displays the clock and S.I.R.S. feature information such as the Traction Control*, plus the S-DMS and ABS** settings.
- Depending upon the rider’s selection, the lower portion of the right side of the panel can display coolant temperature, ambient air temperature, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel consumption, and riding range.
The main TFT panel is flanked by LED indicators, including:
- Left-turn signal indicator, MIL (Malfunction Indication Lamp), neutral indicator light, master warning indicator, high-beam indicator light, right-turn signal indicator, TC (Traction Control)* indicator, low oil pressure warning light, ABS** indicator, and coolant temperature warning light.
The charging system uses a durable, three-phase stator with an open-style regulator/rectifier that reduces mechanical drag and heat while producing higher output at lower engine speeds. A high-capacity, maintenance-free style battery and fuses are easily accessible under the seat.
A USB-type accessory slot is conveniently located to the left of the instrument panel. This fused slot can provide up to 5.0 VDC at a maximum current of 2.0A. The slot is ideal for powering a GPS unit or charging mobile devices.
A SAE 12-volt, 36W DC socket is located under the passenger seat (electrical accessory wattage should not exceed 12W when the engine is operated a low speeds). This convenient outlet can be used to charge or power a range of electrical devices.
The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure’s fairing features a stacked, rectangular LED headlight for excellent road and trail illumination while matching Suzuki’s Dakar Rally bike styling.
The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure has lightweight and low-draw LED turn signals that are brighter than the signals used on the prior generation V-Strom models.
The rear tail and brake light is an LED type with a clear lens that offers higher visibility, low electrical draw, and excellent durability.
The V-STROM 1050DE Adventure also includes a set of Suzuki’s LED fog lamps that provide additional road illumination and motorcycle visibility to other traffic while drawing less watts as compared to conventional lights.
A wide variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for V-STROM 1050DE Adventure owners are available, including plastic luggage, heated grips, low-profile seats, accessory bar, tank bags, body & chassis protectors, graphics kits & rim decals, and a wide selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).*
2023 Suzuki V-Strom 1050DE Adventure – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $17,599 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ NA CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £13,699 GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
- Engine1037cc (63.3 cu. In.), 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90° V-twin
- Bore x Stroke0 mm x 66.0 mm (3.937 in. x 2.598 in.)
- Compression Ratio5:1
- Fuel SystemFuel injection, Ride-by-Wire equipped
- LubricationWet sump
- ClutchWet, multi-plate type
- Transmission6-speed constant mesh
- Final DriveRK-supplied O-ring type drive chain (525 x 120L)
- Suspension FrontInverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension RearLink type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes FrontTokico, 4-piston calipers, twin disc
- Brakes RearNissin, 2-piston, single disc
- Tires Front90/90-21 M/C (54H), tube type
- Tires Rear150/70R17 M/C (69H), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity0 L (5.3 US gal.)
- ColorChampion Yellow No. 2 / Metallic Matte Sword Silver
- IgnitionElectronic ignition (transistorized)
- Tail LightLED
- Overall Length2390 mm (94.1 in.)
- Overall Width960 mm (37.8 in.) – without included accessories mounted
- Overall Height1505 mm (59.3 in.)
- Wheelbase1595 mm (62.8 in.)
- Ground Clearance190 mm (7.5 in.)
- Seat Height880 mm (34.6 in.)
- Curb Weight252 kg (554 lb.) – without included accessories mounted
- Warranty12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- ExtensionLonger coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)
2023 Suzuki V-Strom 1050DE Adventure – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
2023 Suzuki V-Strom 1050DE Adventure – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
(1050 Adventure is the 1050XT Tour in the UK)
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHTS
|Overall length||2265mm (89.2in)||Overall width||940mm (37in)|
|Overall height||1465mm (57.7in)||Wheelbase||1555mm (61.22in)|
|Ground clearance||160mm (6.3in)||Seat height||850-870mm (33.5-34.3in)|
|Kerb mass||247.0kg (544.6bs)||Fuel capacity||20.0 litres (4.4UK gallons)|
|Engine capacity||1037cc||Engine||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90˚ V-Twin|
|Bore||100.0mm x 66.0mm (3.9in x 2.6in)||Compression ratio||11.5 : 1|
|Fuel system||Fuel injection||Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Power||79.0kW @ 8500rpm (107.4PS)||Torque||100.00Nm @ 6000rpm (73.76lb.ft)†|
|Front suspension||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped||Rear suspension||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Front brakes||Disc, twin||Rear brakes||Disc|
|Front tyres||110/80R19M/C 59V||Rear tyres||150/70R17M/C 69V|
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).