2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2006 Honda Shadow Spirit
Classic cruiser styling powered by a muscular 45-degree V-twin engine with massive low-end and mid-range performance make the Shadow Spirit a standout in its class.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
– Bright Blue Metallic color joins classic Black.
– The Shadow® Spirit’s offset-dual-crankpin smooth-running 1099cc 45° V-twin engine pumps out massive low-end and mid-range power.
– The engine’s broad power delivery and five-speed transmission offer exceptional rideability around town and on the open road.
– Three-valve cylinder-head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power output at all rpm.
– High-capacity nine-plate clutch with cable operation.
– Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters make routine valve adjustments a thing of the past.
– Other maintenance-free features include digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
– Dual 36mm constant-velocity carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
– Reliable electric-starter system.
– Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, virtually maintenance-free operation.
– Specially designed steel frame gives the Shadow Spirit a long, low custom stance.
– Large 41mm extended front fork provides 6.3 inches of plush yet responsive travel.
– Dual chromed shocks feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
– Large-diameter front disc brake with twin-piston caliper combined with a heavy-duty drum rear brake provides excellent stopping power.
– Strong and lightweight five-spoke cast alloy wheels.
– Massive 170/80-15 rear tire offers a wide footprint and a radical custom look.
– Relaxed, comfortable riding position results from a long, low chassis and low 28.7-inch seat height.
– Large 4.2-gallon fuel tank offers extended cruising range.
– Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
– Custom saddle and padded passenger backrest offer a high level of rider and passenger comfort.
– Powerful halogen headlight.
– Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
– Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
– Polished aluminum handlebar switch housings and triple-clamp assembly.
– Chromed side panels and dual staggered mufflers.
– Maintenance-free YTX battery.
– Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider’s Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
– Touring accessories: Cruiser Shield, Magnetic Tank Bag (Black), Backrest with Pad and Rear Carrier (two types).
– Chrome accessories: Radiator Trim, Backrest Trim, Clutch Lever Bracket, Lever Bracket Holders, Horn, Handlebar Levers, Oil Filler Cap and Front Fender Ornament.
– Billet accessories: Backrest Trim, Front Tank Mount Cover, Driveshaft Bolt Cover, Oil Filler Cap, Ignition and Clutch Cover Set, Master Cylinder Cap, Oil Dipstick and License Plate Frame.
– Additional accessories: Cycle Cover.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)
Engine Type: 1099cc liquid-cooled 45° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 87.5mm x 91.4mm
Compression Ratio: 8.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Two 36mm constant-velocity
Ignition: Digital, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 41mm fork; 6.3 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 65.0 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 32° 40′
Trail : 152.5mm (6.0 inches)
Seat Height: 28.7 inches
Dry Weight : 556 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gallons, including 0.6-gallon reserve
Colors: Bright Blue Metallic, Black
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.