Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Yamaha Stratoliner
2009 Yamaha Stratoliner
When you’re ready to travel in big-time style, the Stratoliner is ready to roll at a moment’s notice with a lockable quick-release windshield, passenger backrest, and lockable sidebags covered in leather. Even the key is a work of art.
– A pair of streamlined leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags, an adjustable, quick-detachable windshield and a quick-detachable passenger backrest make the Stratoliner excellent for long hauls and short trips.
– Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
– Twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection ensures optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
– Neo-streamline design, gives the Stratoliner a completely distinctive look.
– Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser, thanks to a low center of gravity feel and a near 50/50 weight distribution on the front and rear wheels.
– The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
– 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin has massive looks and performance.
– Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
– Plated cylinders and forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life.
– Twin counterbalancers keep things smooth but rumbly.
– 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
– Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
– Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque in the 2500-3000-rpm range.
– Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
– 3300 rpm at 75 mph gives some idea of the Stratoliner’s power and cruisability. Maximum torque is reached at only 2500 rpm.
– Aluminum frame is light, rigid and requires few welds for a smooth, clean look. A light, Controlled-
Fill swingarm casting complements the bike’s streamline style.
– With 49.6 percent of its weight carried on the front wheel, the Stratoliner Midnight has the weight distribution of a sportbike instead of the typical cruiser, and that means great handling.
– 46mm fork tubes wearing slant-cut stainless covers serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
– A tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
– A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar carries the Stratoliner Midnight’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
– Flangeless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat, 190/60-17 rear.
– Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel.
– Strong-and-light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
– Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
– A resculpted seat makes the Stratoliner Midnight an excellent place to sit on long rides.
– Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
– Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Stratoliner Midnight.
– Classic clock-style instrumentation complements Stratoliner Midnight’s neo-retro look and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
– Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
– Leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags, a quick-removable windshield that locks into place and a locking, quick-detachable passenger backrest provide security.
– 0xygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
– Sidebags detach easily for cleaning.
2009 Yamaha Stratoliner – USA Specifications
MSRP* $15,690 (Liquid Silver/Pearl White) Available from September 2008; CA model October 2008
Type 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke 100mm x 118mm
Compression Ratio 9.48:1
Carburetion Twin-bore fuel injection, w/throttle position sensor
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed, w/multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Belt
Suspension/Front 46mm telescopic fork with adjustable preload; 5.1” travel
Suspension/Rear Single shock, 4.3” travel
Brakes/Front 298mm hydraulic, dual discs
Brakes/Rear 320mm hydraulic, single disc
Wheels 12-spoke cast
Seat Height 27.8”
Wet Weight 802 lb
Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal.
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2009 Yamaha Stratoliner – Candian Specifications
Not available in Canada
2009 Yamaha Stratoliner – UK Specifications
Not available in the UK
*/** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.