+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Honda Shadow VLX/VLX Deluxe
Back to 2006 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
Shadow VLX/VLX Deluxe
Cruiser fans looking for classic styling, an incredibly low seat height and a readily affordable price can find it all in the Shadow VLX and VLX Deluxe.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
NEW FOR 2006
- New Light Silver Metallic and Candy Dark Red colors adorn the Shadow® VLX Deluxe model.
UNIQUE SHADOW VLX DELUXE FEATURE
- Brilliant chrome finish on cylinder-head covers, right and left engine covers, and left-rear engine cover.
- 583cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad
_ -Three-valve cylinder-head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
- Coolant-heated carburetor is tuned for excellent power and rideability.
- Finned cylinders enhance appearance.
- Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
- Wide-ratio four-speed transmission.
- Dual exhaust system offers a rumbling sound and custom appearance.
- Reliable electric starting system.
- CD ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
- Double-cradle steel frame allows a long wheelbase, and a low seat height of just 25.6 inches.
- 39mm front fork offers a compliant, controlled ride.
- Specially designed swingarm gives the bike a custom, hardtail look.
- Rear shock has seven-position spring preload adjustability.
- Single-disc front brake with twin-piston caliper and a drum rear brake.
- Chrome-plated rims and spokes.
- Massive 170/80-15 rear tire offers excellent grip and provides a low, custom look.
- Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Chrome handlebar and forward-mounted footpegs are rubber-mounted for reduced vibration and offer a comfortable riding position.
- Custom-style seat is wide and low in the rear and narrow in the front, with dense foam to provide a comfortable 25.6-inch seat height.
- Chrome-plated halogen headlight.
- Simple, easy-to-read instrumentation.
- Helmet lock and tool kit.
- Soft, comfortable handgrips.
- Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim bands project a custom-made look.
- Standard fork lock.
- 12-volt maintenance-free battery.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership for an individual in the Honda Rider's Club of America (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year of Honda Red Rider magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com) and access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA. For dealers only, please call (310) 783-3958.
- TOURING ACCESSORIES: Cruiser Shield, Backrest with Pad, Magnetic Tank Bag (Black), Rear Carrier Rack (Round Tube) and Rear Carrier Rack (Square Tube).
- CHROME ACCESSORIES: Oil Filler Cap, Backrest Emblems, Footpegs, Backrest Trim, Radiator Guard, Lever Set and Air Cleaner Cover Emblem.
(Accessory availability and specifications subject to change without notice.)
Model: VT600C (Standard) / VT600CD (Deluxe)
Engine Type: 583cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 75mm x 66mm
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Single 34mm diaphragm-type constant-velocity
Ignition: CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio four-speed
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 39mm fork; 5.7 inches travel
Rear: Single shock with seven-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 63.0 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 35°
Trail: 161mm (6.3 inches)
Seat Height: 25.6 inches
Dry Weight: 452 pounds (VT600C) / 458 pounds (VT600CD)
Fuel Capacity 2.9 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Colors (VT600CD): Light Silver Metallic, Candy Dark Red
Color (VT600C): Black
Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.
Thank for supporting