Click photos to enlarge.
They make great desktop images.
– 2009 Honda TRX250X
2009 Honda TRX250X
The TRX250X starts with the legendary Honda OHC, air-cooled, longitudinal engine, with its handfuls of torque and right-now responsiveness. Honda’s innovative SportClutch™ lets novice riders ride without stalling, while it lets experts shift for themselves. Finally, the reliable shaft drive is designed for low-maintenance, high-octane fun.
The sporty and fun-to-ride TRX250X features Honda’s innovative, easy-to-use SportClutch and aggressive race-inspired styling, two of the many features that make it a favorite among beginners as well as long-time riders.
Features & Benefits
– Lightweight OHV air-cooled 229cc engine is longitudinally mounted to allow direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for more efficient power transfer.
– Two-valve cylinder-head design features performance-optimized valve timing, a 31.5mm-diameter intake valve and a 27mm-diameter exhaust valve to produce a broad, usable powerband.
– 22mm carburetor with light throttle effort offers immediate engine response.
– Hand-operated Honda SportClutch™ enables the rider to experience manual clutch actuation with the advantage of no stalling when coming to a stop.
– A unique buffer plate in the carburetor float chamber helps maintain consistent fuel flow when riding across varied terrain.
– Solid-state CD ignition with electronic advance and 8750-rpm engine rev limiter.
– Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
– Rubber-mounted engine reduces vibration.
– Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no maintenance.
– High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the 2-quart capacity wet sump, providing lower operating temperature over a wide range of riding conditions for maximum performance and increased engine life.
– 123-watt capacity alternator ensures abundant electrical power.
– Convenient electric starter.
– Five-speed transmission features sport-riding ratios, Reverse and the no-stall SportClutch.
– 27mm front shocks combined with a 32mm rear shock provide bump absorption and rider comfort.
– Lightweight, double-cradle steel chassis is designed to withstand the demands of recreational riding.
– Independent double-wishbone front suspension provides an exceptional 5.9 inches of travel.
– Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 5.7 inches.
– Dual hydraulic 174mm front disc brakes and fully sealed rear mechanical drum brake provide superb and consistent braking power.
– 22 x 7-10 front and 22 x 10-9 rear tires feature an aggressive, TRX400EX-derived knobby tread pattern for excellent traction.
– Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for superb handling.
– Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
– TRX450R-inspired bodywork.
– Ergonomic seat is designed for recreational riding, providing superb comfort and excellent rider maneuverability.
– Ergonomic layout and rider controls provide a comfortable operating position for a wide range of riding styles and rider sizes.
– Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to provide cool, clean air in all riding conditions.
– Single-headlight system features a twin-filament high/low 39-watt/39-watt bulb.
– LED tail- and brakelight.
– Maintenance-free battery.
– Reusable, washable foam air filter.
– Neutral and reverse indicator lights.
– Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use hand and foot controls.
– Keyed ignition switch for added security.
– Easy-to-use parking brake.
– Standard tool kit includes a tire-pressure gauge.
– Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
– Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
– When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
– Flag Kit.
2009 Honda TRX250X – USA Specifications
American MSRP $4,099 USD
Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
Induction: 22mm piston-valve carburetor
Ignition: CD with electronic advance
Clutch: Honda SportClutch
Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
Front: Independent double-wishbone; 5.9 inches travel
Rear: Swingarm with single shock; 5.7 inches travel
Front: Dual hydraulic 174mm discs
Rear: Sealed mechanical drum
Front: 22 x 7-10 knobby
Rear: 22 x 10-9 knobby
Length: 68.5 inches
Width: 41.8 inches
Height: 42.4 inches
Seat Height: 31.4 inches
Ground Clearance: 5.9 inches
Wheelbase: 44.3 inches
Turning Radius: 9.2 feet
Fuel Capacity: 2.5 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
Colors: Red, White
Curb Weight*: 377 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel–ready to ride.
Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.
2009 Honda TRX250X – Canada Specifications
Canadian MSRP $0 CDN
Model not available in Canada