Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom Review
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
Huge bang for your buck. Beautiful, old-school hot rod styling, lightweight, easy handling 474-pound total weight, a potent 40-cubic-inch-air-cooled V-Twin and low 27.4” seat…
Low and Lean. Just like the Price. It’s tough to find more bang for your buck than the 2015 Yamaha V-Star Custom. It features beautiful, stripped down old school hot rod styling, light handling 474lb total weight, a potent 40 cu in air cooled V-Twin and a confidence inspiring low 27.4″ seat height. Plus an endless array of Star Custom Accessories to help you make it your own.
The V-Star 650 Custom features lots of chrome, luminous paint, a bobtail rear fender, and the convenience of a clean, quiet shaft drive. Don’t be surprised if your friends think it’s a one-of-a-kind custom machine.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
Industry-leading, Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
•The V Star Custom is the lightest of the full-size Stars, which means great handling and performance are along for the ride, too.
•Dual exhausts, custom-looking clear turn signals, lots of chrome—the V Star Custom represents tremendous cruiser bang for the buck.
•Classic rigid-look rear end serves up 3.4 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock, offering up a great ride.
•27.4-inch seat height lets riders get both feet on the pavement.
•Estimated 49 mpg* means over 200 miles of riding before fill-ups.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
• This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
• Twin Mikuni BDS28 carbs with throttle position sensors (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
• Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds for a smooth comfortable ride.
• Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
• Maintenance-free, transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides sure starts and excellent engine performance.
• Classic, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds that special styling touch but is also easy to service.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
• Low-maintenance, exposed shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance.
• 2-into-2 chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling while delivering maximum engine power. The conversion to aftermarket items is simple and straightforward.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions.
• Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
• Stout, large-diameter, double-cradle, steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
• Long, 1,610mm (63.4″) wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low retro look.
• 41mm front fork with 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel ensures a smooth, comfortable ride. Chip guards help prevent stone knicks from damaging tubes.
• Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear suspension lowers centre of gravity for excellent handling and easy maneuverability. Wheel travel is 86mm (3.4″). There are 7 steps of spring preload adjustability.
• Rear shock is tucked out of sight for that classic, “hardtail” look.
• Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
• Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
• Low-profile seat provides exceptional rider comfort, while class-leading low 695mm (27.4″) seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
• Narrow front tire on spoked chrome wheel completes the Custom design and delivers light steering for easy handling.
• Large 16-litre fuel tank for an extra long cruising range.
• Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer features 3D speed graduations. Functions include odometer and tripmeter displays.
• Industry-leading, Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• “Bullet-style”, chrome, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight adds a stylish touch while maximizing nighttime visibility.
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures reliable, no-hassle starting.
• Locking helmet holder
• Locking side cover storage compartment adds convenience and security.
• Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish clear signal lenses
• Forward-mounted rider footpegs
• Removable passenger seat
• Steering lock
• Bungee cord tie-down points near passenger footpegs helps prevent scratches.
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $6,990 – Raven – Available from October 2014
Engine Type 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled 70° V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke 81.0 x 63.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Fuel Delivery (2) 28mm Mikuni® CV carburetors
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Shaft
Frame Steel; hidden shock
Suspension / Front 41mm telescopic fork; 5.5″ travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; adjustable preload, 3.4-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes / Rear 200mm drum
Tires / Front 100/90-19
Tires / Rear 170/80-15
L x W x H 92.1 x 34.6 x 42.3 in
Seat Height 27.4 in
Wheelbase 63.4 in
Ground Clearance 5.5 in
Fuel Capacity 4.2 gal
Fuel Economy** 49 mpg
Wet Weight*** 514 lb / California model: 518 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2015 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $6,999 CDN
Air-cooled,SOHC, 4-valves (2-valves/cyl), 70°, V-twin
BORE AND STROKE
81 x 63mm
5.2kg-m (37.6 ft-lb)@ 3,000 rpm
Mikuni BDS28 x 2
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
21kpl / 59mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Adustable link Monocross
Single 298mm disc / twin piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
16 litres (3.5 imp. gallons)
233kg (514 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).