Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2016 Yamaha Stryker SE Review
2016 Yamaha Stryker SE on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
The world’s ultimate midsize chopper-inspired custom with bold aerodynamic bullet cowl with a hint of outlaw…
The 2015 Stryker SE, a machine designed to be ridden… and admired. Chopper inspired styling, attention to detail and mechanical function blend together in a stunning mid class “chopper”. One ride and you will know we got it right. The style, the performance and that special attitude is intoxicating. The Stryker SE features a cool bullet cowl to help reduce wind fatigue.
1304cc (80 cubic inch), liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, fuel injected, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out impressive power and torque for excellent cruising performance.
Uneven firing interval, bore & stroke dimensions and special ignition & injection mapping all contribute to excellent torque output and that classic V-twin pulse feeling.
Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
2016 Yamaha Stryker SE www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Industry-leading, Star fit & finish
• Extra wide front brake & clutch levers provide a quality feel
• Steering lock is integrated into the main ignition switch
• Helmet holder
• Oil level sight glass
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2016 Yamaha Stryker SE www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• 1304cc (80 cubic inch), liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, fuel injected, 60° V-twin power plant pumps out impressive power & torque. An uneven firing interval, bore & stroke dimensions, special ignition & fuel injection mapping all contribute to excellent torque output and
• Liquid-cooled engine design.
– allows for higher state of tune because of more stable operating temperatures
– reduces mechanical noise for a quieter engine
– rad is mounted between the front down tubes to minimize its appearance
– rad hoses have been discreetly placed for a cleaner appearance
– electric fan aids in cooling during hot weather or in stop & go traffic
• Classic air-cooled engine appearance.
– cooling fins have been added to give the Stryker that traditional air cooled look
– cylinders have a tapered “V” appearance to highlight the V-twin engine style
• Short stroke engine design.
– reduces the “height” of the engine for a lower centre of gravity for easy & light handling
– 60 degree “V” keeps the engine more compact & also centralizes mass
– short stroke design offers excellent power at slightly higher rpms than a traditional air cooled long stroke V-Twin
• SOHC, pent-roof, 4-valve cylinder heads.
– 4-valve design optimizes breathing efficiency & overall engine performance at all rpms
– 36 mm intake & 32 mm exhaust valves use friction reducing single valve springs
– stylish chromed cylinder head covers
– compact pent roof combustion chamber & optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion & excellent power with reduced emissions
– 25,000 km valve adjustment intervals
• Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves.
– roller rocker arms allows a greater amount of valve lift without causing excessive camshaft wear & friction
– slipper portion of the rocker arm utilizes a needle bearing for reduced wear & reduced sliding resistance (friction)
• Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise and simplify maintenance.
• Ceramic composite-plated cylinder bores.
– excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
– ceramic coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
– extended cylinder service life
• High performance forged aluminum pistons.
– less reciprocating mass for fast engine response
– reduced mechanical vibration
– special piston cooler jet nozzles spray oil at the underside of the pistons & rods for excellent durability
• Single pin style crankshaft with uneven firing order
– design accentuates V-twin engine character, pulse feel & sound
• Crankcase design features internal oil & coolant lines for a clean, air-cooled engine appearance.
• Dual engine counter balancers reduce vibration to a minimum while maximizing rider comfort.
• Easy access, spin on type oil filter & drain plug for easy oil changes.
• Classic side mounted air box houses an easy access, a high-flow viscous paper-type filter.
• “Closed loop” Mikuni dual bore, 40mm throttle body fuel injection system.
– system uses throttle position sensor (TPS) to help optimize intake air flow & power
– ISC or idle speed controller ensures a steady idle
– 12 hole injectors optimize fuel atomization
– Injector dual spray pattern for more complete combustion chamber filling
– “closed loop system” uses dual oxygen sensors to “sniff” spent exhaust & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions
– oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of aftermarket “slip-on” mufflers will not affect the closed loop system
– fuel injection benefits include; excellent throttle response, choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission.
– optimized gear ratios match engine output for strong acceleration
– 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds
• Low maintenance belt drive final drive.
– cleaner & quieter than chain drive & no messy chain splatter
– significantly reduces maintenance Vs a chain… no regular adjustments or lubrication required
– belt drive system simplifies customization
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
– produces a strong spark for fast starts
– provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
• 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust system.
– large diameter header pipes for maximum flow
– dual mufflers helps to boost torque & horsepower
– heat shields protect rider & passenger from hot components
– 3-way honeycomb catalyzer reduces exhaust emissions
• Air Injection System injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing harmful CO & HC exhaust emissions.
• Double cradle steel frame with “open neck space” provides an aggressive chopper image. Frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system to optimize the overall rigidity balance of the chassis for superior handling. The rake is 34 degrees with a yoke offset of 6 degrees. The frame not only provides excellent handling & roomy ergonomics but also compliments the beautiful flowing lines of the entire machine.
Important Note: Raked out front fork with lots of trail generally provides good straight line stability but often results in heavy steering at low speeds. Engineers at Yamaha will not sacrifice handling for styling, so they have developed a 6 degree yoke offset angle combined with the 34 degree steering head for a total fork angle of 40 degrees. The “Stryker” provides light handling & easy steering not normally associated with a custom styled bike. The Stryker is designed to be ridden !
• Steel swingarm compliments the frame & overall chassis rigidity balance
• Long 1,750mm (68.9″) wheelbase
– creates a long, low profile, roomy ergonomics & solid, stable handling
– low design also helps reduce seat height making it easy to get both feet on the ground
• Raked out 41mm front fork offer 135 mm (5.3″) of wheel travel.
– excellent ride comfort & compliance
– chip protectors help prevent stone chips in the tubes for extended fork seal life
• Adjustable Monocross style single-shock, link rear suspension.
– linkage system provides a rising rate effect that provides excellent compliance on both small & large bumps
– 9 positions of spring preload adjustability to suit load and / or rider preferences
• Rear shock is vertically mounted behind the engine.
– shock is tucked out of sight for that classic, clean, hard tail look
– location centralizes mass for light weight feel
• Single, large 320mm, floating front disc is squeezed by a compact twin piston front caliper.
• Large 310mm rear disc is squeezed by a single piston caliper.
– caliper is mounted below the swingarm to lower center of gravity & provide that “hidden look”
• Lightweight 5-spoke cast aluminum wheels.
– front wheel is a MT3.50 x 21. 21 ” design accentuates the custom chopper styling
– rear wheel is a wide MT7.50×18 and carries a wide 210 series tire enhancing styling
• 1 inch diameter handlebars.
– handlebar is mounted directly to the upper triple clamp eliminating the traditional handlebar holders
– design accentuates the chopper profile while also providing an aggressive riding position.
• Deep-bend steel front & rear fenders.
– use of steel allows for easy painting or customization… to suit personal preferences
– custom styled one piece rear fender mounts
• 15 litre teardrop shaped fuel tank with chromed filler cap.
– long, slim tank design accentuates the bike’s muscular styling lines
– high capacity electric fuel pump is located in a separate sub tank below the seat
– 5 litre reserve capacity (low fuel light illuminates)
• One piece rider & passenger seat.
– offers a low 670mm (26.4″) seat height making it easy to get both feet on the ground
– seating position is best described as sitting “in” not “on” providing a special “riding attitude”
• Triple clamp mounted bullet cowl.
– adds an eye catching styling highlight
– reduces wind fatigue on the rider.
• Handlebar-mounted meter / instrument.
– functions include; analog speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light illuminated), clock & range of warning lights
– self-diagnostic function
– adjustable background illumination
– instrument functions can be “tabbed” through & reset using the RHS handlebar switch gear, allowing the operator to change instrument functions without taking hands off the bars.
• Compact 60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight.
• LED taillight & compact LED turn signals offers excellent visibility.
2016 Yamaha Stryker SE – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $NA
See 2016 Yamaha Stryker Bullet Cowl
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha.
Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle,
accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2016 Yamaha Stryker SE – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $12999 CAD
Liquid-cooled, SOHC, 8-valves (4-valves/cyl) , 60 degree V-twin
1,304 cc (80 cubic inch)
BORE AND STROKE
100 x 83mm
10.9 kg-m (78.8 ft-lbs.) @ 3,500 rpm
Mikuni 40 mm dual bore throttle body F.I.
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
17.2kpl / 48.6mpg (Imp)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Adjustable link Monocross
320mm disc / twin piston
310mm disc / single piston
/// CRITICAL DATA
15 litres (3.3 Imp. gal.)
294kg (648 lbs)
Matte Metallic Gray
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
2016 Yamaha Stryker SE – www.Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: See Dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Model Not Available
*Starting at MSRP is the manufactured suggested price and excludes delivery, setup, tax, title, license, and additional fees and expenses. Bikes may be shown with optional accessories. Final sale price determined by an authorized dealer. Specifications and MSRP are subject to change.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).