Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125LE Review
2016 Yamaha TT-R125LE on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
An awesome off-road bike that’s perfect for discovering the fun and freedom of riding…
The TT-R125 is the perfect transition bike for those graduating from a mini to a full size off-road machine.
There’s no better way to build confidence than with a TT-R! Designed with new riders in mind, the TT-R125LE features lightweight construction, electric start and smooth, predictable power delivery.
Potent, air-cooled, 124cc, SOHC, 2 valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces broad, torquey power tuned for maximum, novice-friendly off-road performance… perfect for a wide range of trail conditions.
/// Electric Start
Convenient push-button electric starting backed up by a manual kick starter too.
Rigid, diamond-type, steel frame features a 1,270mm (50″) wheelbase providing quick, agile, off-road handling.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125LE www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Handlebar-mounted, key-operated ignition switch prevents unwanted joy rides.
• Convenient handlebar-mounted choke
• Folding foot pegs, folding shift lever & folding brake pedal tip resist damage in the event of a tip-over.
• Convenient lift holes in right side cover makes lifting the bike easier.
• Brake and clutch lever rubber covers help reduce dirt & mud build-up.
• E10 (10% ethanol) compatible fuel system components
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
IMPORTANT NOTE:Adult supervision and proper protective riding gear, including a helmet & eye protection are a must when a youngster is operating a TT-R125LE.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125LE www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Potent, air-cooled, 124cc, SOHC, 2 valve, 4-stroke power plant produces broad, torquey power tuned for maximum, novice-friendly off-road performance- perfect for a wide range of trail conditions
• Super convenient push-button electric starting with manual kick starter too
• Proven, 2-valve cylinder head design
– easy to adjust traditional rocker arms
– 150 hour valve adjustment intervals
• Automatic cam chain tensioner & silent design cam chain
– reduces maintenance time, tune up costs & mechanical engine noise
• Engine counter balancer
– reduces vibration for maximum rider comfort
• Easy access, side mounted engine oil drain plug for fast, easy oil changes
• Mikuni VM20 carburetor
– crisp throttle response combined with good fuel economy
– “Electroless” nickel plated valve seat & nickel silver needle valve assembly, counter act the negative effects of E10 (10% ethanol) fuels
• Easy-access, tools free, washable foam air filter reduces costs
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with manual clutch
– optimized gear ratios for maximum versatility & usable power delivery
• Lightweight, upswept exhaust system with stylish aluminum end cap
– quiet operation will keep neighbors happy
– cleanable screen type spark arrestor
– heat shields protect rider from hot components
• Rugged, plastic engine skid plate helps to protect against rocks and logs.
• CD (capacitor discharge) ignition system.
– maintenance free, delivers a strong spark for fast starts & solid engine performance at all rpms
• Side stand lock out switch prevents the unit from being ridden if the side stand is down
• Rugged, diamond-type, steel frame features a 1,270mm (50″) wheelbase
– quick, agile, off-road handling
– super durable design
• Lightweight, aluminum, box-section swingarm
– excellent rear wheel control & traction
– easy-to-use, eccentric-type chain adjusters
• Adjustable 31 mm Showa front fork with 180 mm (7.1″) of wheel travel
– 4-positions of preload adjustable to suit rider weight
– fork features slightly stiffer settings than the TT-R125L for more aggressive off-road performance & handling
– rubber fork boots (gaiters) help protect tubes & seals from damage
• Fully adjustable Monocross, link type single shock rear suspension offers 168 mm (6.6″) of wheel travel.
– remote reservoir (piggyback) design helps maintains consistent damping performance by keeping the shock & shock oil cooler
– adjustments include: spring preload, 20-way rebound & 12-way compression damping
• Front 220mm disc with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power
• Rear drum brake with easy-to-use, wing nut adjuster
• Low 805 mm (31.7′) seat height
– helps inspire rider confidence
• 295 mm (11.6″) of ground clearance
– serious ground clearance to tackle the tough terrain
– makes it easier to hop over small logs or other obstacles
• 6 litre plastic resin fuel tank
– lots of fun between fill ups
– on/off/reserve fuel petcock for peace of mind
– tank features “fluorination surface treatment” to reduce fuel permeation for improved environmental protection
• Mid-size, 19″ front & 16″ rear wheels.
– mid-size wheel size reduces seat height for increased rider confidence
– knobby tires offer superb grip in the dirt
• YZ-F inspired body work.
– “slim design” bodywork allows for fast, easy rider mobility
– styling is straight from our championship winning YZs
– YZ style”faux” rad shrouds
• Flat YZ-style seat.
– features non-slip, non-clogging seat cover just like our bigger YZs
– flat design allows easy rider mobility
• Serrated, folding foot pegs provide excellent grip even in wet or muddy conditions
• Motocross style handlebar utilizes a crossbar for added strength.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125LE – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $3,290 – Team Yamaha Blue/White – Available from January 2016
Engine Type 124cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 54.0mm x 54.0mm
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® VM20 carburetor
Transmission Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front 31mm telescopic fork, adjustable preload; 7.1-in
Suspension / Rear Single shock, adjustable compression and
rebound; 6.6-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
Brakes / Rear Drum, 110mm
Tires / Front 70/100-19
Tires / Rear 90/100-16
L x W x H 74.2 in x 31.3 in x 42.7 in
Seat Height 31.7 in
Wheelbase 50.0 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 28.7°
Trail 3.7 in
Ground Clearance 10.4 in
Fuel Capacity 1.6 gal
Fuel Economy n/a
Wet Weight 198 lb
Warranty 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Team Yamaha Blue/White
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha.
Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle,
accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125LE – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $3599 CDN
4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
54 x 54mm
1kg-m (7.3 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm
IGNITION / STARTING
CDI / Electric & kick
5-speed w/manual clutch
Adjustable 31mm fork / 180mm (7.1″) wheel travel
Adjustable link-type Monocross / 168mm (6.6″) wheel travel
220mm disc / twin piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
6 litres (1.3 imp. gallons)
90kg (198 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
2016 Yamaha TT-R125LE – www.Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: See Dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Model Not Available in Europe
*Starting at MSRP is the manufactured suggested price and excludes delivery, setup, tax, title, license, and additional fees and expenses. Bikes may be shown with optional accessories. Final sale price determined by an authorized dealer. Specifications and MSRP are subject to change.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).