Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2016 Yamaha TT-R230 Review
2016 Yamaha TT-R230 on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
Light, simple, rugged and proven, the TT-R230 with its YZ-inspired handling and looks delivers decades of low maintenance performance and fun…
FUN FOR ALL
Light, simple, and proven, the TT-R230 delivers decades of low maintenance performance for all.
Riders of all skill levels will have a blast riding the easy to use, easy to start and easy to maintain TT-R230! Low seat height and smooth, torquey power are perfect for beginners and more experienced riders alike.
Peppy, air-cooled, 223cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke powerplant produces predictable power aimed at easing both beginner and intermediate riders into the fun and excitement of off-road riding.
Diamond-type steel frame features a compact, 1385mm (54.5″) wheelbase to ensure superb maneuverability and responsive handling.
2016 Yamaha TT-R230 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
“Bar-type” engine protector
• Long, flat, YZ-style two-tone seat
• Team Yamaha-inspired colour & graphics.
• Motocross-style handlebar with reinforcing crossbar
• Brake & clutch lever boots (rubber covers) help reduce dirt & mud build-up
• Serrated, folding foot pegs provide excellent grip even in wet or muddy conditions
• Folding gear shift lever tip & folding rear brake pedal tip help prevent damage in the event of a tip over
• Heavy-duty “O” ring chain
• Handlebar mounted push button ignition switch with red indicator light when power is active.
• E10 (10% ethanol fuel) compatible fuel system components
• Lightweight, sealed (spill proof) low maintenance battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2016 Yamaha TT-R230 www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• Peppy, air-cooled, 223cc, SOHC, 2-valve, 4-stroke power plant. The TT-R 230 is well suited for the advancing intermediate or less experienced full size rider. The TT-R 230 has the ability to tackle the toughest terrain.
• Convenient, no hassle electric starting.
• Proven, 2-valve cylinder head design
– easy to adjust traditional rocker arms
– 150 hour valve adjustment intervals
Automatic cam chain tensioner.
– reduces maintenance & mechanical engine noise • Teikei Y26P carburetor
– crisp throttle response & good fuel economy
– carb mounted choke
– carb features “electroless” nickel plating on the valve seat & a stainless steel needle valve screw to offset the effects of E10 fuel (10% ethanol fuel).
•Easy access oil filter & oil drain plug.
• CD (capacitor discharge) ignition system.
– maintenance free, delivers a strong spark for fast starts & solid engine performance at all rpms
• WR-style washable dual stage foam air filter.
– dual stage design for excellent filtering function
– foam filter is washable, reducing tune-up costs
• Smooth shifting 6-speed transmission with manual clutch.
– optimized gear ratios for maximum off road fun and versatility
• Lightweight, upswept exhaust system.
– cleanable screen-type spark arrestor
– heat shields in key areas to protect rider
•Diamond-type steel frame features a compact, 1385mm (54.5″) wheelbase to ensure superb maneuverability & responsive handling.
• Rugged box section steel swingarm features easy-to-use eccentric chain adjusters.
• 36 mm leading axle front fork offers 240mm (9.5″) of wheel travel
– confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain
• Durable fork boots ensure excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
• Monocross link single shock rear suspension offers 220 mm (8.7″) of wheel travel.
– adjusts for spring preload (threaded type… 12 mm of adjustability) allowing the rider to tailor suspension to rider weight and terrain.
– delivers smooth, progressive suspension performance.
• Front 220 mm disc with twin piston caliper ensures fast, fade-free stopping power.
•Rear drum brake with easy-to-use wing nut adjuster.
• 21″ front and 18″ rear aluminum rims & knobby tires.
– reduces unsprung weight for great suspension & handling performance
– knobby tires provide excellent traction in the dirt.
• Low 870 mm (34.3″) seat height.
– helps inspire rider confidence
• 295 mm (11.6″) of ground clearance.
– serious ground clearance to tackle the tough terrain
• 8-litre plastic fuel tank.
– off/on/reserve fuel petcock for peace of mind
– 1.8 litre reserve capacity
• Aggressive styling highlights Yamaha’s championship winning YZ racing heritage.
– rugged plastic body components resist damage in the event of a tip over
– slim design bodywork allows excellent rider maneuverability & mobility
2016 Yamaha TT-R230 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $3,990 – Team Yamaha Blue/White – Available from November 2015
Engine Type 223cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Bore x Stroke 70.0mm x 58.0mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Carburetor
Transmission Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front Telescopic fork; 9.4-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 8.7-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
Brakes / Rear Drum, 130mm
Tires / Front 80/100-21
Tires / Rear 100/100-18
L x W x H 81.3 in x 31.5 in x 46.5 in
Seat Height 34.3 in
Wheelbase 54.5 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 27.0°
Trail 4.4 in
Ground Clearance 11.6 in
Fuel Capacity 2.1 gal
Fuel Economy n/a
Wet Weight 251 lb
Warranty 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Team Yamaha Blue/White
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha.
Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle,
accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2016 Yamaha TT-R230 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $4199 CDN
4-stroke, air-cooled, SOHC, 2-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
70 x 58mm
1.9kg-m (13.7 ft-lb)@ 6,500 rpm
IGNITION / STARTING
CDI / Electric
6-speed w/manual clutch
36mm fork / 240mm (9.4″) wheel travel
Adjustable link-type Monocross / 220mm (8.7″) wheel travel
220mm disc / twin piston caliper
/// CRITICAL DATA
8 litres (1.8 imp. gallons)
114kg (251 lb)
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
2016 Yamaha TT-R230 – www.Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: See Dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Model Not Available in Europe
*Starting at MSRP is the manufactured suggested price and excludes delivery, setup, tax, title, license, and additional fees and expenses. Bikes may be shown with optional accessories. Final sale price determined by an authorized dealer. Specifications and MSRP are subject to change.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).