Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2016 Yamaha Zuma X Review
2016 Yamaha Zuma X on www.Totalmotorcycle.com
Fun has never been so affordable or stylish…
Check out the fun loving Zuma X scooter. Based on the proven BW’s50F platform, the Zuma X includes all of the BW’s great features including its incredible fuel economy, in a package that is highlighted by its eye-catching “supersport styling”.
49cc, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 3-valve, fuel injected, 4-stroke engine produces peppy, easy to use power with incredible fuel economy. The concept of this environmentally friendly engine is solid performance with low emissions and excellent fuel economy.
/// Fuel Economy
Fuel consumption of approximately 55 kilometres per litre or 158 miles per gallon (imp.). Your actual consumption may vary.
Spacious 23 litre, lockable under seat storage can hold selected full-face helmets or other items like a backpack, laptop computer, rain suit etc.
2016 Yamaha Zuma X www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Handy front mounted storage pocket for small items like cell phone or wallet.
• Front mounted folding hook for additional carrying convenience, perfect for bags & handbags
• Cool, race inspired hand grips.
• Stylish clear turn signal lenses
• Rear fender extension reduces road splash
• Easy-to-use centre stand
• Easy access oil level dip stick
• Side reflectors enhance visibility
• Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2016 Yamaha Zuma X www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• 49cc, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 3-valve, fuel injected, 4-stroke engine produces peppy, easy to use power with incredible fuel economy.
• Fuel consumption rating of approximately 55 kilometers per litre or 158 miles per gallon (imp.). Your actual consumption may vary.
• Fast, dependable electric starting
• Fan-assisted, liquid-cooling.
– maintains consistent engine temperatures even in stop & go traffic
– liquid-cooling allows for a higher state of tune & performance
– reduces mechanical engine noise
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
– produces a strong spark for fast starts
– provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
• 3- valve cylinder head.
– utilizes two intake valves & one exhaust valve
– excellent breathing efficiency & excellent fuel economy
• Roller rocker arm valve actuation.
– specially designed roller rocker arms reduce friction for increased power
– reduce mechanical engine noise for a quiet, enjoyable ride
• Intake & exhaust valves feature a special “carbon cutter” design.
– automatically removes carbon build up from the valve stems
– maintains maximum engine efficiency & power, even during extended slow speed use
– (carbon build up on valve stems can lead to sticky valves & poor performance)
• Lightweight, aluminum cylinder features ceramic composite plating on the cylinder bore.
– insures uniform heat dissipation
– reduces internal friction & weight
• Lightweight crankshaft with carburized connecting rod & lightweight forged aluminum piston.
– optimizes engine performance & provides fast throttle response
– excellent durability (carburization is a heat treating process that increases the strength of steel)
– reduces mechanical vibration
• 19 mm, “closed loop” throttle body fuel injection system.
– excellent fuel & good throttle response
– “closed loop system” uses an oxygen sensor to “sniff” spent exhaust & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions
– fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
• Zuma X uses regular 87 octane gasoline.
• Easy access, paper-type air filter is used. Air box design reduces intake noise.
• Centrifugal oil filtering system.
– automatically removes any particles found in the oil
– never requires cleaning or maintenance
• Fully automatic CVT transmission (CVT = constantly variable transmission).
– “twist-the-throttle-and-go” operation
– no clutch lever or gear shifting involved… the transmission is fully automatic.
• Environmentally responsible exhaust system produces a very quiet exhaust note.
– muffler contains dual honeycomb-style catalytic converters
• Air induction System (AIS) is used to further reduce harmful exhaust emissions.
– AIS system injects fresh air into the exhaust to ensure complete fuel combustion
– also helps to maximize the function of the catalytic converters
/// CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
• Rugged “underbone-style” steel frame.
– makes getting on & off the BW’s easy
• Wheelbase, centre of gravity, weight distribution & tire design, have all been engineered to provide light, agile handling and great manoeuvrability.
• 26 mm front fork with 58mm (2.3″) of wheel travel.
– rubber fork gaiters / boots extend service life of fork seals & protect inner tubes from chips
• Single shock unit swingarm rear suspension.
– 56mm (2.2″) of wheel travel
– good ride quality
• Lightweight, rugged 5-spoke aluminum “mag” wheels with wide, tubeless tires.
– wide, aggressive, tubeless 120/90-10 tires front & rear
– tires well suited for rough, “pot holed” urban roadways
– tires provide lots of grip & help create Zuma X’s fun look.
• 180 mm front disc brake with single piston caliper.
– “wave style” rotor adds style
– excellent stopping power
• Rear drum brake.
– good stopping power
– fast & easy wear compensating adjustment via wing nut adjuster
• Both front & rear brakes are hand-operated like on a bicycle… making riding simple & fun.
• Wide floorboard & front leg cowl.
– good splash & wind protection
• Instrumentation includes: speedometer, odometer & fuel gauge.
– also warning lights for coolant temperature, high beam, turn signals & engine warning light
• Spacious, 23 litre, lockable under seat storage.
– can hold selected full-face helmets
– or everyday commuter items like rain suit, laptop, briefcase, etc.
• Plush seat provides excellent comfort and plenty of room.
• 4.5 litre fuel tank with locking gas cap.
– accessed via a panel on the “foot tunnel”
– filling location keeps the centre of gravity low for easy handling
– minimizes mess if some fuel gets accidentally spilled
– excellent fuel economy means an extended riding range & fewer fill ups
– in-tank electric fuel pump
• Multifunction, 3 in 1 main key switch operates ignition, fork lock & under seat storage lock.
– Special anti-theft “shutter” blocks key hole access to prevent tampering
• Single 35 / 35 watt halogen headlight.
– excellent illumination & rider visibility
– design enhances Zuma X street sport styling
2016 Yamaha Zuma X – www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $NA
See 2016 Yamaha Zuma 50FX
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha.
Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle,
accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2016 Yamaha Zuma X – www.Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $2899 CDN
4-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 3-valve, single
BORE AND STROKE
38 x 43.6 mm
0.4 kg-m (3 ft-lbs.) @ 6,500 rpm
Mikuni 19mm throttle body F.I.
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION±
55 kpl / 158 mpg (imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Fully Automatic CVT
Enclosed V-belt / Spur gear
Single shock unit swingarm
/// CRITICAL DATA
1,855mm (73 ”)
730mm (28.7 ”)
1,095mm (43.1 ”)
1,280mm (50.2 ”)
770mm (30.3 ”)
4.5 litres (1.0 Imp. gal.)
91kg (201 lbs)
85kg (187 lb)
Star Dust Silver
Specifications, appearance, and price of product are subject to change without notice.
* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing.
± Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha and converted into Canadian measurements. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road condition, how you ride, maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
2016 Yamaha Zuma X – www.Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: See Dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Model Not Available
*Starting at MSRP is the manufactured suggested price and excludes delivery, setup, tax, title, license, and additional fees and expenses. Bikes may be shown with optional accessories. Final sale price determined by an authorized dealer. Specifications and MSRP are subject to change.
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).