LOOKS RIGHT. RIDES EVEN BETTER.
2018 Honda Shadow Aero ABS Review on Total Motorcycle:
The Shadow Aero® serves as one of the most satisfying ride for a wide range of enthusiasts. Features like its spoked wheels, full fenders and long, chromed mufflers are all about taking it easy and looking good while you’re doing it. But the Aero rider also gets some thoroughly modern performance courtesy of this bike’s 745cc V-twin engine, specially tuned for low-revving torque. Maintenance-reducing features like shaft final-drive system make the Aero easy to own. And best of all, the Aero is a huge bargain, giving you a big-bike ride without the big-bike price.
There are lots of imaginative, high-tech ways to cook. But sometimes you want to go traditional—like a big, thick steak grilled over some hardwood coals. Same with your motorcycle. The latest and greatest is right for some, but there are plenty of riders who enjoy a traditional, relaxed experience when it comes to their bike. And that’s precisely why we build the Honda Shadow Aero.
Our Shadow cruisers are some of the most popular bikes on the road, and one look at the Shadow Aero will tell you why. Features like its spoked wheels, full fenders and long, chromed mufflers are all about taking it easy and looking good while you’re doing it. But the Aero rider also gets some thoroughly modern performance courtesy of this bike’s 745cc V-twin engine, specially tuned for low-revving torque. Maintenance-reducing features like shaft final drive make this motorcycle truly easy to own. Plus, the Aero is a huge bargain, giving you a big-bike ride without the big-bike price.
2018 Honda Shadow Aero ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Cruiser riders know what they want, like a V-twin engine with plenty of low-revving torque. That’s exactly what the Shadow Aero delivers—in a package that’s sized right for most riders. An added extra: it also returns excellent fuel economy.
Looks Great, Sounds Great.
Nothing rides like a V-twin, and nothing sounds like one either. The Aero features a custom two-into-two exhaust system, flowing into bullet-style mufflers. Go ahead—twist the throttle. The Shadow Aero is music to a rider’s ears.
Retro Looks, Modern Engineering.
Cruisers should be about getting out and having fun, not about maintenance headaches. That’s why the Aero’s shaft final drive makes so much sense. Clean, virtually maintenance-free and efficient, it’s the smart choice.
Full Front Fender
Wide metal front fender gives the Aero a classic styling touch
Spoked wheels give the Aero a classic look.
If there’s one place you DON’T want retro performance, it’s your brakes. That’s why we gave the Shadow Aero a 296mm front disc for distinctly modern stopping power. Additionally, our ABS model comes with Honda’s Anti-Lock Brake System.
Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Shadow’s fuel injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
Three-Valve, Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber
It’s the best of both worlds: The three-valve combustion chambers used on many of our V-twin cruisers feature two intake valves and one exhaust, helping them breathe efficiently to boost both horsepower and torque.
Nothing pumps out the torque like a big V-twin. The Aero’s power makes it perfect for both around-town cruising, commutes and casual weekend-long rides.
Chrome highlights include cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, engine sidecovers, brake and clutch-lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, handlebar, rear shock covers and more.
Wide-ratio five-speed transmission lets you cruise the boulevard at a low, unhurried pace, yet allows you to hop on the highway without revving the engine through the roof.
Low Seat Height
Skimming the pavement at just 25.9 inches, the Aero’s low seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze. And the Aero’s narrow seat/tank junction makes it feel even lower.
Shaft Final Drive
Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft final drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the road. And an added plus: it helps keep your bike cleaner, too.
2-Into-2 Exhaust System
Sleek pipes feature bullet-style mufflers for that classic cruiser style of yesteryear. Large-diameter head pipes and 2-into-2 system design combine to put out true, V-twin cruiser sound.
Broad, low-slung solo seat features a detachable passenger seat.
2018 Honda Shadow Aero ABS Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
- Crankshaft features long-stroke design to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) for good throttle response and fuel efficiency.
- Custom two-into-two exhaust system, flowing into bullet-style mufflers provides soul-stirring sound that’s classic V-twin cruiser.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth and reliable low-maintenance operation.
- Chrome highlights throughout provide classic styling.
- Wide metal front fender adds to the bike’s classic appearance.
- Sturdy 41mm front fork features large-diameter chrome-steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look, and delivers confident, neutral handling control and plush 4.6-inch wheel travel.
- Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
- Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake is drum type.
- Low 25.9-inch seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze.
- Narrow seat/tank junction makes adds to the low seat height to make flat-footing even easier
- Tank-mounted speedometer in a stylish 3.7-gallon fuel tank for classic retro styling.
- Large, custom-styled taillight and attractive retro-styled turn-signal indicators.
Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Meets current CARB and EPA standards.
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions
2018 Honda Shadow Aero ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ USD
|Model||Shadow Aero ABS (VT750CS)||Shadow Aero (VT750C)|
|Type||745cc liquid-cooled 52º V-twin four-stroke|
|Valve Train||SOHC; three valves per cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||79.0mm x 76.0mm|
|Induction||PGM-FI w/ automatic enrichment; one 34mm throttle body|
|Ignition||Digital transistorized w/ electronic advance|
|Transmission||5 speed manual|
|Front||41mm telescopic fork; 4.6 in. travel|
|Rear||Dual shocks w/ 5-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel|
|Front||Single twin-piston hydraulic caliper w/ 296mm disc; ABS||Single twin-piston hydraulic caliper w/ 296mm disc|
|Rear||Single one-piston hydraulic caliper w/ disc; ABS||180mm drum|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||34º|
|Trail||161mm (6.3 in.)|
|Seat Height||25.9 in.|
|Ground Clearance||5.1 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||3.7 gal.|
|Color||Pearl Stallion Brown|
|Curb Weight*||573 lbs.||560 lbs.|
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride
Meets current EPA standards
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment
Specifications subject to change
2018 Honda Shadow Aero ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
2018 Honda Shadow Aero ABS – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).