STAR LIGHT, STAR BRIGHT.
Great things come in small packages: light and nimble, plenty of torque, smooth power, huge MPGs and a low seat for confident handling.
There are a whole bunch of reasons to check out the V-Star 250, but the most intriguing is it’s authentic V-twin powerplant, which means that you’re getting full-sized rumble and styling in an easy to ride, lightweight bike.
Authentic, 249cc, air-cooled, 60°, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, V-twin engine
Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission provides versatile performance. Clutch lever pull is very light and novice friendly
2018 Yamaha V-Star 250 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Side stand cut out switch prevents the bike from being ridden with the side down
- Traditional fork mounted steering lock
- Helmet lock
- Oil level sight glass
- Low-maintenance (battery should be charged during winter storage)
- Compact Custom
Light weight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the V Star 250® a great trainer as well as a great choice for riders who appreciate the fun that comes in small packages.
- Big Bike Style
Dual exhausts, plenty of quality chrome and typical Star attention to detail—this is one sharp little cruiser.
- Strong Brakes
Front disc brake provides highly controllable stopping power.
- Unique V-twin Performance
The V Star 250 is the only V-twin in its class.
- Ultra-Efficient Engine
Estimated 78 mpg* means almost 200 miles between fill-ups.
2018 Yamaha V-Star 250 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- 249cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 60 degree, V-twin.
- authentic, air-cooled V-Twin engine design
- long stroke engine design means lots of low end torque
- very linear, novice friendly power delivery
- SOHC, 2-valve cylinder heads.
- tradition & simple 2- valve design
- basic rocker arm valve actuation… simple design that is easy to maintain / adjust
- chromed head covers add style
- Air-cooled engine design.
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- cooling fins have been designed for good cooling even in stop & go traffic
- simple, classic design
- Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise & simplify maintenance.
- Traditional “bore-able” cylinder.
- in the event of an issue, cylinder can be over bored
- Forged aluminum pistons.
- less reciprocating mass for fast engine response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent reliability
- Single pin style crankshaft.
- design accentuates V-twin engine character, pulse feel & sound
- Wet sump lubrication system with easy access element type oil filter.
- Single Mikuni BDS26 carb.
- featuring an accelerator pump for crisp throttle response
- convenient handle bar mounted choke lever
- excellent fuel economy
- Classic, chromed air box
- houses an easy access, washable (re-useable) foam air filter
- washable design reduces tune-up costs
- 5-speed transmission.
- ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery
- 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at higher speeds
- light, easy clutch lever pull
- Chain drive, final drive.
- chain drive provides the most efficient transfer of power (Vs. shaft drive systems)
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Shorty, 2 into 2 exhaust system.
- short design, chromed, shot gun style mufflers produce a low, throaty V-Twin growl
- heat shields protect rider & passenger from hot components
- Air Injection System injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing exhaust emissions.
- Tube type, double cradle steel frame.
- provides a long & low profile with roomy ergonomics
- low 685 mm (27″) seat height
- 32 degree rake angle
- Box section, steel, dual shock swingarm.
- Full-size, 1,488 mm (58.6″) wheelbase ensures maximum stability & a comfortable, roomy ride.
- Wet weight of only 147 kg / 324 lbs. makes the V-Star 250 light, nimble & easy to handle.
- 33 mm fork provides 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel.
- smooth, comfortable ride
- Adjustable dual shock rear suspension with 100 mm (3.9″) of wheel travel.
- 5- step spring preload adjustability
- allows rider to tailor spring settings to match load or road conditions
- Single 282 mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Rear drum brake.
- brake shoe wear indicator
- easy access wing nut adjuster for fast adjustments as brake shoes wear
- Separate rider & passenger seats.
- low-profile rider & passenger seats offer excellent comfort
- low 685 mm (27″) seat height allows riders to put feet firmly on the ground, enhancing confidence
- passenger seat can be removed if desired
- Classic, chromed, spoked wheels.
- front wheel size is 1.60 X 18 with 3.00 – 18 tire
- rear wheel size is MT2.75 with 130/90-15 tire
- Forward mounted, rider foot pegs for that special “custom” riding position.
- Steel front & rear fenders.
- highlight the classic styling of the V-Star 250
- steel design means they are easy to paint or customize
- Stylish “T design” handlebar.
- excellent rider comfort
- aggressive appearance, great styling highlight
- 9.5 litre fuel tank.
- more smiles & fewer fill-ups thanks to excellent fuel economy
- reserve portion is 2.6 litres (will have to switch petcock to reserve position)
- vacuum type fuel petcock with on – reserve positions (no need to turn petcock to off when finished riding)
- locking fuel cap
- Handlebar mounted speedometer.
- functions include; speedometer, odometer & trip meter
- Bright 65/60 watt headlight.
2018 Yamaha V-Star 250 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,349 USD
Bore x Stroke 49.0mm x 66.0mm
Compression Ratio 10.0:1
Fuel Delivery Mikuni® 26mm carburetor
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Chain
Suspension / Front 33mm fork; 5.5-in travel
Suspension / Rear Dual shocks, adjustable preload; 3.9-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic disc, 282mm
Brakes / Rear 130mm drum
Tires / Front 3.00-18
Tires / Rear 130/90-15
L x W x H 86.2 in x 28.0 in x 41.7 in
Seat Height 27.0 in
Wheelbase 58.7 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 32.0°
Trail 4.7 in
Fuel Capacity 2.5 gal / CA model 2.4 gal
Fuel Economy** 78 mpg
Wet Weight*** 326 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2018 Yamaha V-Star 250 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $4,999 CDN
Air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves (2-valves/cyl), 60° V-twin
Bore and Stroke
49 x 66 mm
2.1 kg-m (15.2 ft-lb) @ 6,000 rpm
Estimated Fuel Consumption±
33kpl / 93.2mpg (Imp.)
Ignition / Starting
TCI / Electric
33mm fork / 140mm (5.5″) wheel travel
Adjustable dual shocks / 100mm (3.9″) wheel travel
282mm disc / twin piston caliper
9.5 litres (2.1 Imp. gal.)
147kg (324 lb)
2018 Yamaha V-Star 250 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).