STAND ALL THE WAY OUT.
2019 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight:
The Forty-Eight® featuresfat tires on a skinny bike with an iconic peanut tank that made its debut in 1948. Designed with signature bulldog stance and 1200cc of torque. In addition to the look, it features a large 49mm front forks, an adjustable rear suspension, cast aluminum wheels with floating rotors and powerful brakes for plenty of handling and comfort.
Heavy-hitting style with fat tires and an iconic peanut tank. Designed with its signature bulldog stance and 1200cc of corner cranking torque.
WE DIDN’T REBUILD IT. WE RELOADED IT.
2019 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
Weight, As Shipped
Seat Height, Laden
2019 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
1200 cc Air-Cooled Evolution engine on a 2019 Forty-Eight motorcycle
1200 cc Air-Cooled Evolution® Engine
An iconic V-Twin engine that is renowned for its massive low-end torque and soul-satisfying sound. Lightweight aluminum heads and cylinders improve air-cooling efficiency.
Front wheel on a 2019 Forty-Eight motorcycle
Fat Front Wheel
Custom rubber reminiscent of the lead-sled culture. You get a beefy front end with a tall, fat MT90 tire that gives the bike a dominating presence up front and provides a smooth ride and solid handling.
Engine on a 2019 Forty-Eight motorcycle
49mm Fork with Cartridge Dampening
The brawny 49mm front fork is accentuated by massive triple clamps and fork brace. We’ve also added cartridge damping technology to keep the handling crisp and confident, no matter how rough or winding the road ahead.
Rear shock on a 2019 Forty-Eight motorcycle
Emulsion Rear Shock with Screw Adjuster
Features an Emulsion rear shock with a screw pre-load adjuster that soaks up every bump the street throws your way, and easily adjusts to fit your riding style.
Aluminum wheel on a 2019 Forty-Eight motorcycle
Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum Wheels
A set of black hardcore rims with added machined highlights to set off the design. They’re built of lightweight cast aluminium, so even with the plentitude of fat black rubber rolling underneath the ride feels light and nimble.
Break system on a 2019 Forty-Eight motorcycle
Foundation Brake System
An innovative, high-performing system that gives riders more confidence on the road and more power and predictability when you squeeze the brakes.
Red gas tank on a 2019 Forty-Eight motorcycle
Iconic 2.1 Gallon Fuel Tank
A classic peanut fuel tank design that adds to the machine’s low, powerful bulldog look, showing off the solid mass of the engine and the rawboned style of the lean Sportster® frame.
2019 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $11299 – $12199 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $12999 – $14099 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AUS
2019 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
- Vivid Black $ 12,999
- Colour $ 13,399
- Custom Colour $ 13,799
- Two Tone Custom Colour $ 14,099
- ABS Option (Standard w/115th Anniversary) $ 615
- Security System Option $ 355
- Engine 1 Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore 88.9 mm
- Stroke 96.8 mm
- Displacement 1,202 cc
- Compression Ratio 10:01
- Fuel System 3 Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Exhaust Black, staggered exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
- Length 2,165 mm
- Seat Height, Unladen 710 mm
- Ground Clearance 110 mm
- Rake (steering head) (deg) 30.2
- Trail 135 mm
- Wheelbase 1,495 mm
- Tires, Front Specification 130/90B16 73H
- Tires, Rear Specification 150/80B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity 7.9 l
- Oil Capacity (w/filter) 2.6 l
- Weight, As Shipped 247 kg
- Weight, In Running Order 252 kg
- Engine Torque Testing Method J1349
- Engine Torque 2 99 Nm
- Engine Torque (rpm) 3,500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.) 27.1
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.) 27.1
- Fuel Economy: Estimated City/Hwy 5 4.9 l/100 km
- Primary Drive Chain, 38/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st 9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd 6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd 4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th 4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th 3.517
- Wheels, Front Type 9 Black, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Machined Highlights
- Wheels, Rear Type Black, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Machined Highlights
- Brakes, Caliper Type Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps 8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (if equipped), ABS (if equipped)
- Gauges Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).