SERIOUS FUN ON AND OFF ROAD.
2019 Kawasaki KLX250S:
The KLX®250 motorcycle delivers serious on- and off-road riding performance that appeals to riders of various skill levels. This dual-purpose motorcycle boasts a 249cc engine and provides a superior ride for confidently navigating through city streets or off-road trails.
The KLX250 features fuel injection for easy starting and smooth throttle response. Light, nimble and up to a wide variety of road and trail conditions, the KLX250 is an efficient commuter that is capable of also taking its operator to rewarding off-highway destinations.
Capitalizing on its already potent package, the new KLX250 not only gets a complete makeover, but also a number of engine and chassis changes that further enable serious riding both on and off the road.
The Kawasaki KLX®250 returns with updated styling and improved performance influenced by the KX™ line and Kawasaki’s racing heritage. This versatile dual-purpose motorcycle delivers serious on and off-road riding performance that appeals to riders of various skill levels, and provides a superior ride for confidently navigating through city streets, twisty roads and tackling off-road trails with ease.
2019 Kawasaki KLX250S Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
•New fuel injection system for easier starting at all elevations, improved fuel economy and maximum performance for everyday commuting
•Exceptional ground clearance for tackling off-road obstacles
•Adjustable front and rear suspension for a customized ride
•Low seat height and ergonomics contribute to rider confidence and comfort
•Sharp, aggressive KX™-inspired bodywork
•Matrix Camo Gray color scheme available
2019 Kawasaki KLX250S Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
Ultra-Compact Liquid-Cooled Engine
• Catalyzer and secondary air system help reduce exhaust emissions so that the KLX®250 meets strict California Air Resources Board (CARB) regulations and can be sold in California.
• High-capacity Denso radiators come from the KX™ line and deliver superior cooling efficiency. Their slim profile and tightly packed cores make the radiators smaller and lighter, while the special fin design provides excellent heat dispersion.
• Flat top piston with pentroof combustion chamber delivers 11.0:1 compression ratio.
• Lightweight piston, piston pin and connecting rod allow power-producing revs without excessive vibration.
• Electric starter and the Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release (KACR)(KP), which automatically lifts an exhaust valve at cranking rpm, makes starting the KLX250 easy.
• The incredibly hard coating in the aluminum cylinder bore means superior heat transfer with less weight.
• It holds lubrication well, resists abrasion and seizure, and allows tight piston-to-cylinder clearances for more horsepower.
Digital Capacitor Discharge Ignition (CDI)(KP)
• Digital ECU precisely controls timing, no matter how fast the RPM changes.
• Easy starts and reliability under extreme conditions. Kawasaki DFI®(KP) System
• Ultra-fine atomizing 10-hole injector helps boost performance and provide very smooth throttle response.
• DFI provides easy starting, smooth idling, increased performance and better fuel mileage.
High Tensile Steel Perimeter Frame(KP)
• The frame is built up of box-section and tubular high-tensile steel.
• The 26.5° steering head angle and 56.3 inch wheelbase contribute to quick handling.
• The incredible frame rigidity contributes to excellent straight line ability.
43mm Inverted Cartridge Fork(KP)
• 16-way compression damping adjustment.
• Cartridge maintains more consistent damping force by minimizing aeration of the fork oil. Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension(KP)
• Lightweight, highly-rigid aluminum D-section swingarm helps reduce unsprung weight.
• Rear suspension linkage and damping settings provide a firm ride and a more planted feel in corners.
• The nitrogen-filled, aluminum body, remote reservoir rear shock has 16-way compression and rebound damping adjustment and threaded spring pre-load.
• Temperature compensating rebound damping keeps things under control even when the shock heats up under strenuous conditions.
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
• Petal brake discs help reduce weight and the wave pattern helps to clean the brake pads for better brake performance.
• Twin piston front caliper grasps a 250mm floating front disc for incredible stopping power.
• Single piston rear caliper and a 240mm disc to give strong, reliable performance.
• Tires designed for long life and grip on paved roads.
• All-digital instrument panel features bar-graph tachometer, digital speedometer, clock and trip meters.
• Narrow fuel tank contributes to the comfortable riding position and has a lockable, hinged one-touch cap.
U.S. Forest Service-Approved Spark Arrester
• U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrester allows access to designated public riding areas and helps prevent wildfires.
2019 Kawasaki KLX250S – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5349 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $5799 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
4-stroke, 1-cylinder, DOHC, 4-valves, liquid-cooled
Bore x Stroke
72.0 x 61.2mm
DFI® with 34mm throttle body
6-speed, return shift
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel
Telescopic fork/10.0 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel
Uni-Trak® swingarm/9.1 in
Tubular, semi-double cradle
Rake / Trail
12 Month Limited Warranty
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional)
12, 24, 36 or 48 months
2019 Kawasaki KLX250S – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|Bore and stroke||72.0 x 61.2 mm|
|Valve system||DOHC, 4 valves|
|Fuel system||Fuel injection: φ34 mm x 1|
|Lubrication||Forced lubrication (wet sump)|
|Front: type||Single 250 mm disc|
|Front: calipers||dual-piston caliper|
|Rear: type||Single 240 mm disc|
|Rear: calipers||Single-piston caliper|
|Overall length||2,200 mm (86.6 in.)|
|Overall width||820 mm (32.3 in.)|
|Overall height||1,205 mm (47.4 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1,430 mm (56.3 in.)|
|Ground clearance||285 mm (11.2 in.)|
|Seat height||890 mm (35.0 in.)|
|Curb mass**||138 kg (304 lbs.)|
|Fuel capacity||7.7 litres (1.7 gal.)|
|Primary reduction ratio||2.800 (84/30)|
|Gear ratio: 1st||3.000 (30/10)|
|Gear ratio: 2nd||2.000 (30/15)|
|Gear ratio: 3rd||1.500 (27/18)|
|Gear ratio: 4th||1.250 (25/20)|
|Gear ratio: 5th||1.050 (21/20)|
|Gear ratio: 6th||0.952 (20/21)|
|Final reduction ratio||3.000 (42/14)|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc, manual|
|Type||Perimeter, high tensile steel|
|Wheel travel: front||255mm|
|Wheel travel: rear||230mm|
|Tire: rear||4.60 – 18|
|Trail||105 mm (4.1 in.)|
|Steering angle (left/right)||45° / 45°|
|Suspension, front||43 mm inverted telescopic fork with 16-way compression adjustment|
|Suspension, rear||Uni-Trak with adjustable preload, 16-way compression and rebound damping adjustment|
|Warranty||12 months warranty|
* The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice. The amount indicated as “Your price” may include an optional instant Mega Cash credit that is deducted from the manufacturer’s suggested retail price before taxes. This promotion is time limited and certain conditions will apply. See your dealer for complete details. Offer not available on financed purchases and cannot be combined with any other special offers. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)
‡ Power / Torque figures measured at the crankshaft.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.
2019 Kawasaki KLX250S – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2019 Kawasaki KLX250S – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).