2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R KRT:
Enter curves and exit each hairpin with absolute confidence. From the very beginning the Ninja ZX-10R has pursued the highest circuit performance by offering the rider more power and more control. Designed to enable a greater number of riders to experience the thrill of riding a superbike at the limit, the new Ninja ZX-10R is the closest thing to a highly advanced factory superbike Kawasaki has yet to offer.
No other supersport can claim the Superbike World Championship like the Ninja® ZX™-10R. The Ninja ZX-10R propelled Kawasaki rider, Jonathan Rea, to win the championship title for the fourth consecutive year—marking the first time any rider has won four WorldSBK titles in a row. Down to the finest details, everything that goes into the Ninja ZX-10R has the sole purpose of making it the fastest bike on the track. And as a direct recipient of what the Kawasaki Racing Team (KRT) learns, the Ninja ZX-10R is equipped with championship-proven technology that makes it fully capable of also dominating the streets.
For 2019, key updates include an Öhlins Electronic Steering Damper, new dual-direction Kawasaki Quick Shifter, and a more powerful track-ready 998cc engine.
With new finger-follower valve actuation and dual direction Kawasaki Quick Shifter, the Ninja ZX-10R is closer than ever to the Kawasaki Racing Team World Superbike Championship race machine that has been amassing numerous championships and records. And the circuit-focused limited-production Ninja ZX-10RR –already one of the most potent track weapons in the paddock, and a proven championship winner –steps it up even higher with new titanium connecting rods that benefit both engine and chassis performance, making it even more competitive. They allow a wide range of riders to experience the thrill of exploring their limits on the circuit.
2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R KRT Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
NEW FOR 2019
• New valve actuation and cylinder head help deliver more power at all rpm, essentially raising the torque flat torque curve so that its easy-to-use character is maintained while offering increased power.
Finger-Follower Valve Actuation
• New finger-follower valve train designed by Kawasaki’s multi-time World Superbike Championship winning engineers allows more aggressive cam profiles so that valves can open and close more rapidly for increased performance.
• Finger-follower valve actuation reduces valve train mass by approximately 20 percent compared to tappet-style actuation, as well as reducing friction at the cam lobe. DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coating on the followers help prevent wear. New Cylinder Head
• Previously exclusive to the Ninja® ZX™-10RR, the cylinder head now provides the clearance to accommodate race-kit high-lift cams. The race kit cams and valve springs offer increased high-rpm performance.
Painted Valve Cover
• Red painted valve cover provides an exclusive, racy appearance.
▪Finger-follower valve actuation
▪IMU-enhanced electronics package
▪Showa Balance Free Front Fork and BFRC lite rear shock
▪Exclusive Kawasaki Racing Team colors & graphics
2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R KRT Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS)
• Dual-direction KQS is now standard, allowing clutchless up and down shifting. Previously the Ninja ZX-10R/ABS required the race-kit ECU to access KQS downshifting function.
Kawasaki’s cutting-edge electronics have always excelled on the track due to the highly sophisticated programming that gives the ECU an accurate real-time picture of what the chassis is doing using minimal software. Incorporating a Bosch IMU and the latest evolution of Kawasaki’s proprietary dynamic modeling software, the ZX-10R’s electronic management technology helps assist racers experience the ZX-10R’s full potential, on the track.
Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)(KP)
• The IMU measures inertia along 5 axes: acceleration along longitudinal, transverse and vertical axes; roll rate; and pitch rate. The yaw rate is calculated by the ECU using Kawasaki’s patented software to provide six-axis chassis attitude input of lean angle and acceleration/deceleration force for more precise management of the electronic riding aids.
• Utilizing the IMU, S-KTRC incorporates abundant feedback to help maximize acceleration when exiting corners on the track.
• Due to the information from the IMU, the Launch Control system on the ZX-10R is highly advanced.
• The IMU enables KIBS-equipped models to utilize the
Corner Management function.
• Unlike competitors’ systems that have pre-set limits, Kawasaki’s proprietary race-developed software enables the ZX-10R to have a dynamic system that has a higher level of chassis awareness and adapts to changing track conditions such as vehicle attitude, pavement conditions and tires.
Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control (S-KTRC)(KP)
• With precise management due to the IMU, racers can choose from five modes, plus OFF, to set S-KTRC feeling for specific track conditions and riding preferences. The two highest modes provide minimal intrusion to enhance high-level racers’ experiences on the track.
• S-KTRC helps maximize acceleration out of corners on the track by allowing power slides and power lifts as long as forward acceleration is maintained. The system distinguishes between torque lift, which is smooth and allowed if acceptable acceleration is maintained, and sudden undesirable lift that triggers system intervention.
• Using complex analysis, the system calculates when traction conditions are about to become unfavorable and acts to help maintain optimal traction to enhance acceleration. By making small changes quickly, power spikes are minimized for ultra-smooth operation and quicker lap times on the track.
Kawasaki Launch Control Mode (KLCM)(KP)
• Designed to assist the racer by optimizing acceleration when launching from a standstill on the track, KLCM electronically controls engine output to optimize acceleration on the starts, help prevent wheelspin and minimize front end lift.
• Riders can choose from three modes, each offering a progressively greater level of intrusion. Each mode allows the racer to launch from a stop with the throttle held open.
Kawasaki Engine Brake Control
• The KEBC system allows racers to select the amount of engine braking they prefer. When KEBC is activated (by selecting “LIGHT” in the KEBC settings), the engine braking effect is reduced for smoother corner entries on the track.
• Allows riders to choose from three power options:
Full power operation
Mid power – Variable operation depending on throttle position
Low power – limited to approximately 50-60% of full power
• Works independently from S-KTRC.
Corner Management Function
• Corner Management Function uses both KIBS and S-KTRC to assist racers trace their intended line through a corner on the track by suppressing the tendency for the bike to stand
up while braking in a turn. The IMU helps the system maintain optimum hydraulic pressure based on the bike’s lean and pitch angles.
Available Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS)(KP)
• High-precision system with smooth feedback for added braking confidence.
• The engine ECU communicates with the ABS ECU (which monitors wheel speed and front caliper hydraulic pressure) to regulate brake pressure. The high-precision control provides a more consistent
lever feel than conventional ABS systems.
• Back torque limiting clutch system suppresses ABS function during downshifts for optimum performance.
Electronic Steering Damper (ESD)
• Settings match chassis dimensions and track handling characteristics.
• Jointly developed with Öhlins, steering damping characteristics are changed electronically according to vehicle speed and the degree of acceleration or deceleration. At low speeds, the settings were chosen so that damping does not interfere with the bike’s intrinsic lightweight handling. At higher speeds on the circuit, damping increases to help riders set the bike on the line
of their choosing. Using input from the rear wheel speed sensor (provided via the engine ECU) the electronic steering damper’s ECU identifies the vehicle’s speed as well as the rate the bike is accelerating or decelerating to fine tune damping.
• The enhanced feeling offered by the electronic steering damper allows riders to relax more, contributing to reduced rider fatigue.
• During strong acceleration or deceleration, damping is increased to enhance performance.
• Features Öhlins’ special twin-tube design for consistent damping performance, even under harsh track conditions, plus superb kickback absorption.
• The damper’s high precision construction and use of an integrated clamp help minimize friction as the damper piston moves so that initial motion is very smooth.
With development input from Kawasaki’s championship-winning World Superbike team, the ZX-10R engine has superb horsepower. While it maintains a very linear power delivery to help the rider open the throttle early when exiting a corner on the track, low-to-mid range power is exceptional for quick acceleration.
• Light crankshaft and optimized moment of inertia for quick engineresponse and light handling to help make the bike turn-in quickly.
• Light pistons enhance engine response while a Teflon resin coating helps reduce friction.
• Long-reach spark plugs from the Ninja H2 allow large coolant passages in the cylinder head for optimum cooling performance.
• Straight, wide intake and exhaust ports enhance top-end power characteristics.
• Lightweight titanium intake and exhaust valves reduce reciprocating weight.
• Compact valve train reduces cylinder head height.
• Camshafts are carved from forged chromoly billet, which is more than one-half pound lighter than cast cams. The cams and tappets are treated with soft nitriding to help prevent galling and seizing with the aggressive, high lift profiles.
• Single valve springs with oval cross sections are light and lower to reduce overall cylinder head height.
Ram Air Intake
• Ram air duct positioned close to front of the bike for optimum air box filling efficiency.
• Large 10-liter airbox helps boost engine response and low-mid range power for enhanced racetrack acceleration.
• Resonator chamber built in to frame spars to help reduce intake noise.
Digital Fuel Injection
• 47mm main electronic throttle valves (ETV) operate with high precision to help provide smooth engine response on the track. The simple system also enhances input to S-KTRC and accommodates the Kawasaki Launch Control and Kawasaki Engine Brake Control features.
• High speed 32-bit ECU provides precise engine management and is housed in an aluminum case for efficient heat dissipation.
Titanium Alloy Exhaust
• Titanium alloy provides better heat resistance than pure titanium so the exhaust system can be made thinner, and lighter, without sacrificing durability.
• Header pipe diameter and length very similar to race-use headers make it easy to increase circuit performance by adding competition-use only slip-on muffler.
• Large-volume pre-chamber with exhaust valve at exit is placed under the engine to centralize weight, reduce exhaust noise and help minimize muffler volume.
• Single, right-side muffler lowers the overall center of gravity and helps centralize mass.
6-Speed Cassette Transmission
• Non-contact, potentiometer-type sensor quick shifter to facilitate seamless acceleration.
• Gear ratios help provide strong acceleration for circuit use and contribute to smooth downshifts.
• Dry-film lubricant coating on certain transmission gears reduces friction so gears slide into place easily for quick, sure shifting.
• Thin clutch primary gear is light to contribute to the quick engine response.
• Cassette-style transmission facilitates quicker gear ratio changes to suit track conditions.
• Primary reduction ratio, final drive ratio and fourth through sixth gear ratios minimize rear end lift and squat during acceleration or deceleration, allowing greater freedom with suspension settings.
• A back-torque limiting clutch automatically disengages the clutch under hard braking and deceleration to help prevent rear wheel hop during corner entry on the track. Optional springs, spring retainers and shims are available to fine-tune the clutch for specific track conditions.
Aluminum Twin Spar Backbone Frame
• Optimized geometry for sharp circuit handling.
• Steering head pipe position helps weight the front end for optimum feel, feedback and flickability.
• All-cast aluminum construction requires fewer pieces to reduce weight and welds.
• Direct line from head pipe to swingarm pivot for great cornering performance.
• The engine is mounted strategically in the frame to raise the center of gravity and place more weight on the front end. Combined with the rake angle, it helps make the ZX-10R highly flickable side-to-side for great cornering performance.
Jointly developed with Showa In the World Superbike Championship, the Balance Free Fork (BFF) is complemented by Showa’s latest rear shock, the Balance Free Rear Cushion (BFRC), to provide track riders the best possible performance.
Showa Balance Free Fork (BFF)(KP)
• The damping valves are located outside the fork cylinder so that the hydraulic circuit does not generate the pressure balance fluctuations that typically occur in conventional dampers.
• Compression and rebound damping are generated, and adjusted, completely independently from each other. By placing the valving in a damping force chamber, the whole surface of the fork piston can act on the oil, stabilizing internal pressure which results in a more
• External compression chamber contains pressurized nitrogen that applies force to the oil, helping to maintain balanced pressure inside the fork tube.
• Provides high ride comfort and performance under braking while enhancing front-end feel.
• Fully adjustable preload and compression and rebound damping enables riders to fine tune the suspension for a wide variety of conditions. Showa BFRC-Lite (Balance Free Rear Cushion) Shock Absorber(KP)
• Like the fork, damping valves are located outside the shock cylinder so that the hydraulic circuit does not generate the pressure balance fluctuations that typically occur in conventional dampers.
• By placing the valving in a damping force chamber, the whole surface of the shock piston can act on the oil, stabilizing internal pressure which results in a more compliant shock.
• Provides high ride comfort and traction and reduces weight.
• Fully adjustable compression and rebound damping plus threaded preload enables riders to fine tune the suspension for a wide variety of conditions.
Horizontal Back-link Rear Suspension(KP)
• Linkage ratios deliver a linear feel and offer a wide adjustment range, so that setting changes are easy for the rider to feel.
• The swingarm has high rigidity to contribute to the nimble handling and help put weight to the front.
• The linkage is placed atop swingarm to make room for the exhaust pre-chamber for better mass centralization.
• Rear shock is further away from the exhaust so that its operation will not be affected by exhaust heat.
Race-Spec Brembo Brakes (also available with Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System(KP) (KIBS)
• Similar system to that used on the Ninja H2 and the World Superbike race machine.
• Radial mounted 4-piston front brake calipers.
• Front brakes feature Brembo M50 cast monoblock calipers with four opposed 30mm pistons that clamp on huge 330mm Brembo discs for superb braking force. The outer edges of the discs have grooves down the center of the outer edges to help dissipate heat.
• Brembo radial pump master cylinder and reservoir are calibrated to require very little lever movement to achieve strong front brake force.
• Stainless steel braided brake lines contribute to direct feel.
• Available KIBS high-precision anti-lock brake system provides smooth feedback and minimal lever movement for added braking confidence on the circuit.
• Upper cowl resembles the factory World Superbike machine, reduces drag and provides optimum wind deflection so that the racer can change position more smoothly at track speeds.
• Strategically-placed vents in the upper cowl help prevent negative pressure build-up in cockpit to reduce helmet buffeting.
• Ninja H2-design front fender helps direct airflow to the radiator.
• Taillight design provides an aggressive image.
• Utilizes a race-type, highly-visible LED-backlit bargraph tachometer strategically placed at the top of the instrument panel.
• LED brightness adjusts automatically to changing conditions or can be set manually to one of three levels – 100%, 75%, or 50%.
• Adjustable LED shift indicator lights flash when riderchosen rpm is reached.
• Choose from street or track LCD screen that prominently displays the pure riding essentials necessary for riding at the limit; no superfluous information to distract the racer.
Main LCD Speed Gear Position
Left Numerals Odometer Lap Timer
Right Numerals Clock Speed
2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R KRT – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $15399 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, 4-valve, liquid-cooled
Bore x Stroke
76.0 x 55.0mm
84.6 lb-ft @ 11,500 rpm
DFI® with 47mm Mikuni throttle bodies (4) with oval sub-throttles, two injectors per cylinder
TCBI with digital advance and Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control (S-KTRC)
6-speed, return shift
Electronic Rider Aids
Kawasaki Launch Control Mode (KLCM), Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS), Kawasaki Sport Traction Control (S-KTRC), Kawasaki Engine Brake Control, Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS) (dual direction), Kawasaki Corner Management Function (KCMF)
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel
43mm inverted Balance Free Fork, adjustable stepless rebound and compression damping, spring preload adjustability/4.7 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel
Horizontal back-link with Balance Free gas-charged shock, stepless, dual-range (low-/high-speed) compression damping, stepless rebound damping, fully adjustable spring preload/4.5 in
Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS), Brembo® dual semi-floating 330mm discs with dual radial mounted monobloc 4-piston calipers
KIBS-controlled, single 220mm disc with aluminum single-piston caliper
Lime Green/Ebony/Metallic Graphite Gray
12 Month Limited Warranty
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional)
12, 24, 36 or 48 months
2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R KRT – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
* The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price does not include freight, pre-delivery inspection or applicable taxes. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice. The amount indicated as “Your price” may include an optional instant Mega Cash credit that is deducted from the manufacturer’s suggested retail price before taxes. This promotion is time limited and certain conditions will apply. See your dealer for complete details. Offer not available on financed purchases and cannot be combined with any other special offers. The final price is at the discretion of the dealer. Prices and Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
** Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)
‡ Power / Torque figures measured at the crankshaft.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.
2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R KRT – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2019 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R KRT – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).