EXHILARATING POWER AND CONTROL.
2019 KTM 250 SX
Whether it’s power-to-weight or power and control, the KTM 250 SX is the perfect combination of all that counts. Featuring the latest high-performance 2-stroke engine fitted within a state-of-the-art chassis, this powerhouse is undoubtedly the fastest 250cc on track. This proven race weapon is the right choice for those who thrive on that glorious 2-stroke sound.
2019 KTM 250 SX Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
A NEW GENERATION OF KTM SX IS HERE!
KTM is dominating the battle. In the championships around the world over the last 10 years the Austrian brand has been the consistent performer in the fight for competition supremacy. Tony Cairoli’s ninth FIM Motocross World Championship title last season, as well as the first for the star of the show, the KTM 450 SX-F, was a true highlight. Pauls Jonass’ MX2 World Championship continued the orange brand’s dominance in the class with nine victories in 10 seasons for the KTM 250 SX-F, while the 2017 AMA 450 Supercross title was won in the hands of Ryan Dungey prior to his retirement. KTM has also enjoyed race wins in both the 250 SX and 450 SX classes this season.
To continue adding to these incredible achievements requires a strong motivation, a commitment to development for racing and investment in KTM’s talent development programs. This creates the best platform for the KTM SX range, as these world-winning technologies are tested in the heat of the battle prior to being available on serial production machinery. The KTM 50 SX, KTM 65 SX and KTM 85 SX sportminicycles provide a strong basis for juniors to step up to the adult ranks where the KTM 125 SX, KTM 150 SX and KTM 250 SX 2-strokes, along with the KTM 250 SX-F, KTM 350 SX-F and KTM 450 SX-F 4-stroke machines provide the sharpest weapon in each class.
For model year 2019 all adult models receive a generation changing update with KTM engineers targeting a further weight reduction that once again sets a clear benchmark in each class. In fact, in the higher capacity 450cc segment the KTM 450 SX-F is a lot lighter than its rivals. All SX models feature a re-worked frame for improved stiffness, handling and straight-line stability, a longer subframe, a revised rear axle slot and all-new bodywork for enhanced ergonomics with more freedom of movement. A brand-new appearance with new graphics compliment a newly shaped seat and new fuel tank. A new air filter box offers improved protection of the air filter and better air flow for both the 2-strokes and 4-strokes that contributes to a more efficient power delivery and improved performance.
New radiators offer efficient cooling with improved positioning for mass centralization, while a stronger lithium ion battery for the E-starter is harmonious with the reworked wiring harness for a compact electrical system. An updated triple clamp for improved handling compliments new suspension settings, while a newly developed, dual purpose, plug-in stand is yet another feature of the new range. All models continue to enjoy impressive serial components such as Brembo brakes, WP suspension, NEKEN handlebar, Dunlop tires, plus a map select switch with integrated traction control, launch control and map selection on the 4-stroke machines. This is no refinement model year, it’s an evolution; around 60% of each bike’s components are new.
All models in the KTM SX range have received major engine revisions over previous models. The KTM 250 SX-F and KTM 350 SX-F models enjoy a newly designed DS clutch, while all 4-strokes boast revised transmissions and a state-of-the-art Keihin engine management system with a reworked throttle body and improved electronics package. The KTM 125 SX, KTM 150 SX and KTM 250 SX all offer revised carburetor settings, with a new transmission and new clutch in each amongst other improvements. In addition to engine refinements on all models, the highlight KTM 450 SX-F model enjoys a newly developed SOHC cylinder head for reduced weight and improved mass centralization, a new camshaft with a shorter valve timing and improved surface along with a low-friction chain guide with a DLC coating.
2019 KTM 250 SX Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• NEW reworked frames – improved stiffness, handling and straight line stability.
• NEW bodywork – better ergonomics, more freedom of movement and improved handling.
• NEWLY shaped seat – better ergonomics and comfort.
• NEW air box and air boot – maximum protection of the air filter against soiling, better airflow for optimal performance.
• NEW fuel tank and improved ergonomics.
• UPDATED WP AER 48 front fork with a sophisticated air spring design and separate damping for easy adjustment to any track condition, rider weight or skill level. A new setting improves comfort and bottoming control.
• UPDATED WP rear shock – new main piston and settings are perfectly matched to the WP AER 48 front fork.
• NEW cylinder with optimized exhaust port – improved and more constantconsistantconsistent
• REWORKED water pump – more efficient cooling.
• REWORKED carburetor setting adapted to the new air box and exhaust system – improved throttle response, and engine behavior.
• NEW exhaust pipe and muffler – more compact dimensions, improved power delivery, and performance.
• NEW brackets of the muffler – reduced weight.
• Cylinder with twin-valve controlled power valve for smooth power that can be adjusted within seconds for different track conditions.
• Lateral counter balancer reduces engine vibrations for less rider fatigue at the end of the moto.
• Hydraulically operated DDS clutch features a damping system for better traction and durability.
• Handlebar clamps feature a separated lower clamp and bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness.
• KTM’s “No Dirt” foot peg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged and ensuring the foot peg is always in the correct position.
• Super lightweight Galfer Wave rotors, CNC machined hubs, high-end Excel rims, and Dunlop GEOMAX MX3S tires.
• Air box and filter design provides maximum performance with fast “no tools” air filter changes.
• “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
2019 KTM 250 SX – Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer for Pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
Displacement: 249 cc
Bore / Stroke: 66.4 / 72 mm
Transmission: 5 Gears
Fuel System: Mikuni TMX 38 Carburetor
Lubrication: Premix 60:1
Primary Ratio: 26:73
Final Drive: 14:50
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DDS-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Sub Frame: Aluminum
Handle bar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP Suspension AER 48 USD Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock 5018 BAVP DCC with Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 310 mm / 12.2 in; 300 mm / 11.81 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 10.24 in; 220 mm / 8.66 in
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21” / 2.15 x 19” Excel
Front/Rear Tires: 80/100-21” / 11011000/9090100-19” Dunlop MX3S
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.1º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,485 mm ± 10 mm / 58.5 ± 0.4 in
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).