UNRIVALED 2-STROKE PERFORMANCE.
2019 KTM 250 XC
With enough power to excel on all sorts of tracks and terrain, combined with an extremely lightweight chassis, the 250 XC has one of the best power-to-weight ratios in its class. The unrivalled performance of the lightweight 2-stroke engine makes it a true contender against the more complex 4-strokes
The 2019 KTM 250 XC’s powerful, and lightweight, and rock solid handling make it an unstoppable machine for extreme cross-country terrain. The 250 XC features a powerful yet smooth two-stroke engine fitted in a redesigned state-of-the-art chassis. The stellar performance of the lightweight 2-stroke engine makes it a true contender for offroad racing.
2019 KTM 250 XC Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
KTM EXC MODEL YEAR 2019 HAS ARRIVED!
Thanks to a long history as part of the foundation of the company and with many milestones achieved in producing READY TO RACE, world-beating enduro machines, KTM’s strive for excellence has ensured the orange brand remains the market-leader in the segment with the KTM EXC line-up. Last year the Austrian manufacturer announced the world’s first serial-production, fuel-injection 2-stroke offroad competition machines with the KTM 250 EXC TPI and KTM 300 EXC TPI models that have taken the possibilities of enduro to new heights, whilst complimenting the high-quality, high-performing 4-stroke models within the range.
However, the KTM R&D department in Mattighofen never rests; the latest generation of KTM EXC enduros receive updates for model year 2019 with improved WP fork settings, and a reworked WP shock absorber with a re-designed main piston and settings for improved, confidence-inspiring damping characteristics. A new seat cover, stronger battery and new graphics with a READY TO RACE factory-looking orange frame compliment the high-quality Brembo brakes, No-Dirt footpegs, NEKEN handlebar, CNC milled hubs with high-end black Giant rims and more that comes as standard on these championship winning machines.
For model year 2019 the KTM 125 XC-W and KTM 150 XC-W 2-strokes, designed for closed-course use, receive a new cylinder with a machined exhaust port and a new power valve for high-end performance. An optimized kick-starter seat along with an ultra-compact, newly designed DS clutch with a new clutch cover reduces overall engine width over previous models. In addition, a re-worked 6-speed transmission offers better function and improved reliability.
To accompany the new KTM EXC model line-up is the KTM PowerWear collection. To suit up and ride to the limit, KTM offers a wide range of high-quality, high-performance riding gear for riders to state their stance while dealing with the toughest of terrain, along with a vast array of casual clothing to stay READY TO RACE even on non-dirtbiking days. In addition, from conception of each KTM enduro model our engineers, along with leading accessories manufacturers, have developed a large selection of KTM PowerParts for those wishing to individualize their machine whether it’s for aesthetics or refined performance to take their ride to new heights.
2019 KTM 250 XC Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
• NEW reworked frames – improved stiffness, handling and straight line stability.
• NEW bodywork – better ergonomics, more freedom of movement and improved handling.
• NEWLY shaped seat – better ergonomics and comfort.
• Redesigned upper triple clamps – improved handling and stability.
• NEW air box and air boot – maximum protection of the air filter against soiling, better airflow for optimal performance.
• NEW 2.65 gal fuel tank s- improved ergonomics.
• UPDATED WP AER 48 front fork with a sophisticated air spring design and separate damping for easy adjustment to any track condition, rider weight or skill level. A new offroad setting improves comfort and bottoming control.
• UPDATED WP rear shock, new main piston and offroad settings, are perfectly matched to the WP AER 48 front fork.
• Longer rear axle slot – better straight line stability.
• A250 XC with aluminum head stays – reduced weight.
• E250 XC engine position raised by 1°- improved handling, better front wheel grip.
• 40 mm longer sub frame – improved rear fender stability.
• Stronger and super light Lithium-Ion battery – better starting.
• NEWLY designed radiators and optimized cooling system – more efficient cooling.
• NEW cylinder with optimized exhaust port – improved and more constant performance.
• REWORKED water pump – more efficient cooling.
• REWORKED carburetor setting adapted to the new air box and exhaust system – improved throttle response and engine behavior.
• NEW exhaust pipe and muffler – more compact dimensions, improved power delivery and performance.
• NEW muffler brackets of the muffler – reduced weight.
• Cylinder with twin-valve controlled power valve for smooth power that can be adjusted within seconds for different track conditions.
• Lateral counter balancer reduces engine vibrations for less rider fatigue at the end of the moto.
• Hydraulically operated DDS clutch features a damping system for better traction and durability.
• Handlebar clamps feature a separated lower clamp and bridge-type upper clamp for more torsional stiffness.
• KTM’s “No Dirt” foot peg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the foot peg is always in the correct position.
• Off-road specific additions such as hand guards, a side stand and a 18” rear wheel ensures the 2019 KTM 250 XC is READY TO RACE.
2019 KTM 250 XC – Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See Dealer for Pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AU
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
Displacement: 246 249 cc
Bore / Stroke: 66.4 mm / 72.0 mm
Starter: Kickstarter / Electric Starter / 12V, 23Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears, Semi-close Ratioratio
Fuel System: Mikuni TMX 38 Carburetor
Lubrication: Premix 60:1
Primary Ratio: 26:73
Final Drive: 13:50
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DDS-Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Sub Frame: Aluminium
Handle bar: Neken, Aluminium Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP Suspension AER 48 USD Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock 5018 BAVP DCC with Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 310 mm / 12.2 in; 300 mm / 11.81 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm / 10.24 in; 220 mm / 8.66 in
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21” / 2.15 x 18” Giant
Front/Rear Tires: 980/90100-21” / 110/90100-1918” Dunlop AT81
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.1º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,485 mm ± 10 mm / 58.5 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 370 mm / 14.6 in
Seat Height: 9560 mm / 37.48 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 10 L / 2.64 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 98.4 kg/ 216.7 lbs
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).