THE PERFECT CITY SCOOT.
2019 Yamaha BWS 125:
Tackle the daily commute in style with the BWs 125. With impressive fuel economy, plenty of under-seat storage and stress-free operation, it’s easy to see why the BWs 125 continues to find fans the world over.
Peppy, 125cc, air-cooled (with fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, 4-stroke engine produces solid, predictable power and excellent fuel economy.
Ultra-convenient, large 29 litre, locking under seat storage compartment can hold selected full-face helmets or other items such as a laptop computer, rain suit, etc.
2019 Yamaha BWS 125 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Fuel injected, catalizer equipped 125cc engine
- Fully automatic CVT transmission
- 245 mm front disc with twin piston caliper
- 220 mm rear disc brake
- Digital instrument with tachometer
- Large 29 litre under seat storage compartment
- Preload adjustable rear shocks
- Twin headlights
2019 Yamaha BWS 125 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- 125cc, air-cooled (with fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, fuel injected, 4-stroke engine produces peppy, easy to use power with excellent fuel economy.
- Fuel consumption rating of approximately 44 kilometers per litre or 123 miles per gallon (imp.). Your actual consumption may vary.
- BWs 125 uses regular 87 octane gasoline.
- Fast, dependable electric starting.
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
- Fan-assisted, air-cooling.
- maintains consistent engine temperatures even in stop & go traffic
- 4- valve cylinder head.
- utilizes two intake & two exhaust valves
- excellent breathing efficiency & excellent fuel economy
- Roller rocker arm valve actuation.
- specially designed roller rocker arms reduce friction for increased power
- reduce mechanical engine noise for a quiet, enjoyable ride
- Intake & exhaust valves feature a special “carbon cutter” valve stem design.
- automatically removes carbon build up from the valve stems
- maintains maximum engine efficiency & power, even during extended slow speed use
- (carbon build up on valve stems can lead to sticky valves & poor performance)
- Lightweight, aluminum cylinder features ceramic composite plating on the cylinder bore.
- insures uniform heat dissipation
- coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
- Wet sump-type oil delivery system with centrifugal oil filtering system.
- automatically removes any particles found in the oil
- Automatic cam chain tensioner.
- reduces mechanical engine noise & maintenance time
- Lightweight crankshaft & lightweight “gravity cast” aluminum piston.
- optimizes engine performance & provides fast throttle response
- reduces mechanical vibration
- crankshaft utilizes a carburized connecting rod for excellent durability
- 24 mm, “closed loop” throttle body fuel injection system.
- excellent fuel economy & good throttle response
- 6 hole injector optimizes fuel atomization for strong, peppy power
- “closed loop system” uses an oxygen sensor to “sniff” spent exhaust & automatically adjusts the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions
- fuel injection benefits include choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
- Easy access, dual stage, foam and paper-type air filter is used. Air box design reduces intake noise.
- Fully automatic CVT transmission (CVT = constantly variable transmission).
- “twist-the-throttle-and-go” operation
- no clutch lever or gear shifting involved… the transmission is fully automatic.
- Environmentally responsible exhaust system produces a very quiet exhaust note.
- muffler contains a honeycomb-style catalytic converter to reduce emissions
- Air induction System (AIS) further reduces exhaust emissions.
- AIS system injects fresh air into the exhaust to ensure complete fuel combustion
- also helps to maximize the function of the catalytic converters
- Rugged “underbone-style” steel frame.
- makes getting on & off the BW’s easy
- Wheelbase, centre of gravity, weight distribution & tire design, have all been engineered to provide light, agile handling & great manoeuvrability.
- 33 mm trailing axle front fork.
- 78mm (3.1″) of wheel travel
- rubber fork gaiters / boots extend service life of fork seals & protect inner tubes from chips
- Adjustable, dual shock rear suspension.
- 80 mm (3.2″) of wheel travel
- good ride quality
- 3 steps of spring preload adjustability allows rider to adjust for load or road conditions
- Rugged, 5-spoke aluminum “mag” wheels with wide, tubeless tires.
- wide, aggressive, tubeless 120/90-10 tires front & rear
- tires well suited for rough, “pot holed” urban roadways
- tires provide lots of grip & help create BW’s unmistakably fun look
- 245 mm front disc brake with wave style disc & twin piston caliper.
- “wave style” rotor adds style & increases cooling (more surface area than a round disc)
- excellent stopping power
- 200 mm rear disc brake with single piston caliper.
- excellent stopping power
- Both front & rear brakes are hand-operated like on a bicycle… making riding simple and fun.
- Spacious, 29 litre, lockable under seat storage.
- can hold selected full-face helmets
- or everyday commuter items like rain suit, laptop, briefcase, etc.
- Roomy, textured, one piece rider & passenger seat.
- provides excellent comfort & plenty of room
- passenger grab rails for peace of mind
- 5 litre fuel tank with locking gas cap.
- excellent fuel economy means an extended riding range & fewer fill ups
- easy access, front fairing mounted, locking gas cap
- in tank electric fuel pump
- Multifunction, 3 in 1 main key switch
- operates ignition, fork lock & under seat storage lock
- special anti-theft “shutter” blocks ignition key hole access to prevent tampering
- Comprehensive, compact, sporty meter assembly
- all digital readouts
- readouts include; speedo, odometer, tach, trip meter, clock & fuel gauge
- Dual style, 55 watt H1 main headlight with projector style high beam light.
- excellent illumination & rider visibility
- design enhances BW’s tough yet sporty styling
- Full-size floorboards & wide front apron.
- excellent wind & weather protection
- Handy front mounted storage pocket for small items like cell phone or wallet.
- Front mounted folding hook for additional carrying convenience, perfect for bags & handbags
- Rear fender extension reduces road splash
- Sporty hand guards help protect hands from the cold
- Easy-to-use centre stand
- Passenger footpegs
- Easy access oil level dip stick
- Side reflectors enhance visibility
- Low maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)
2019 Yamaha BWS 125 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ See dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in AU
See Zuma 125
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2019 Yamaha BWS 125 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|4-stroke, air-cooled (fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|52.4 x 57.9mm|
|10 : 1|
|1.0 kg-m (7 ft-lb.) @ 6,000 rpm|
|Mikuni 24mm throttle body fuel injection|
|Estimated Fuel Consumption±|
|44 kpl / 123 mpg (Imp.)|
|Ignition / Starting|
|TCI / Electric Start|
|Fully Automatic CVT|
|V-belt / Spur gear|
|33mm fork / 78 mm (3.1″) wheel travel|
|Adjustable dual shock unit swingarm / 80 mm (3.2″) wheel travel|
|245mm disc / twin piston caliper|
|200mm disc / single piston caliper|
|6.5 litres (1.4 Imp. gal.)|
|119kg (262 lb)|
|144kg (317.5 lb)|
2019 Yamaha BWS 125 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
2019 Yamaha BWS 125 – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).