THE LOUDEST SOUND YOU HEAR WILL BE YOUR HEART RACING.
2020 Harley-Davidson LiveWire:
The 2020 LiveWire™ model is an exhilarating motorcycle that pushes the boundaries of performance, technology and design in the two-wheel world. The LiveWire™ motorcycle delivers the look, feel and unique sound of a Harley-Davidson product: top-of-the-line components, premium finishes, and advanced design and technology.
The 2020 LiveWire model is the first in a broad portfolio of electric two-wheelers designed to establish Harley-Davidson as the leader in the electrification of motorcycles. Its debut is a significant part of the More Roads to Harley-Davidson plan to accelerate building the next generation of riders through new products in additional motorcycle segments, broader access and a commitment to strengthen dealers globally.
2020 Harley-Davidson LiveWire Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
We’re bringing the thrill of riding into the future. Get ready for a lineup of electric motorcycles that will inspire new ways to ride.
0 TO 60 IN 3 SECONDS
Get instantaneous power the moment you twist the throttle. No clutch to release. No gears to run through. All you do is flick your wrist and take off.
146 MILES CITY RANGE*
The LiveWire™ motorcycle features a high-voltage battery (or RESS; Rechargeable Energy Storage System) composed of lithium-ion cells surrounded by a finned, cast-aluminum housing. The high-voltage battery provides 146 miles (235 km) of city range or 95 miles (152 km) of combined stop-and-go and highway range.**
*Riding range estimates provided following the SAE J2982 and are based on expected performance of a fully-charged battery when operated under specified conditions. Actual range will vary depending on riding habits, ambient weather and equipment conditions.
**As measured using the MIC City and MIC Combined (70mph) tests.
TWO EASY WAYS TO CHARGE
Use the onboard Level 1 charger and power cord to connect to any standard household outlet and get a full charge overnight. For a faster charge, visit any public Level 3 DC Fast Charge station for 80% charge in 40 minutes or 100% charge in an hour.
REFLEX DEFENSIVE RIDER SYSTEMS (RDRS)
A new collection of technologies that help give you confidence and control in less-than-ideal situations. The systems utilize advanced chassis control, electronic brake control and powertrain technology to assist you with accelerating and braking in a straight line or while in a turn.
LiveWire™ offers seven selectable Ride Modes that electronically control the performance characteristics of the motorcycle and the level of Reflex™ Defensive Rider Systems (RDRS) intervention. Each Ride Mode consists of a specific combination of power, regeneration, throttle response, and traction control settings. LiveWire comes with four pre-programmed modes: sport, road, range, and rain, along with three ride modes the rider can customize.
Harley-Davidson LiveWire Model: A New Motorcycling Experience
The LiveWire model is an all-new, all-electric motorcycle; an exhilarating and evocative new model designed to offer the rider a high-performance motorcycling experience infused with a new level of technology, and the premium look and feel of a Harley-Davidson product. Propelled by the immediate torque of the H-D™ Revelation™ all-electric powertrain, the LiveWire motorcycle is capable of rapid acceleration with just a twist of the throttle – no clutching or gear shifting required. With up to 146 miles of range**, performance is optimized for the urban street-rider. The LiveWire model is the first in a broad portfolio of electric two-wheelers designed to establish Harley-Davidson as the leader in the electrification of motorcycles.
**146 miles (city) / 95 miles (combined). Riding range estimates provided following the SAE J2982 Riding Range Test Procedure and are based on expected performance of a fully charged battery when operated under specified conditions. Actual range will vary depending on riding habits, ambient weather and equipment conditions.
2020 Harley-Davidson LiveWire Totalmotorcycle.com Features
PLUG INTO A NEW KIND OF THRILL
LiveWire Motorcycle Electric Motor
The permanent magnet electric motor can produce 100 percent of its rated torque instantly – it’s the reason for LiveWire™ motorcycle’s incredible acceleration. It’s located below the battery to lower the center of gravity for easier handling.
The lightweight cast aluminum frame is extremely rigid, and contributes to the precise, responsive handling that makes the LiveWire™ motorcycle a thrill to ride.
Fully Adjustable Suspension
The high-performance SHOWA® front and rear suspension is fully adjustable. So you can dial in comfort and handling with precision for your own riding style.
LiveWire electric motorcycle wheel and break system
H-D®/MICHELIN® SCORCHER® SPORT TIRES
The LiveWire™ motorcycle rides on premium 180mm rear and 120mm front H-D®/Michelin® Scorcher® Sport tires. They were designed exclusively to enhance the ride and handling performance of this ground-breaking machine.
State-Of-The-Art Touchscreen Display
A 4.3 inch, full-color, liquid-crystal, touchscreen display on the all-new LiveWire™ motorcycle keeps you constantly up-to-date on your speed, range and battery status. Customize it even more with information like music, turn-by-turn navigation, alert information and more.
Customize Your LiveWire™
We are designing Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories to make your LiveWire™ motorcycle stand out on the road. You’ll be able to customize your bike with accessories like a speed screen blade, hand and foot controls and more.
2020 Harley-Davidson LiveWire – Totalmotorcycle.com Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: from $29,799 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $37,250 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See Dealer for Pricing in AUS
- MOTOR Revelation®
- HIGH-VOLTAGE BATTERY 5 kWh Rechargeable Energy Storage System (RESS)
- LEVEL 1 COMPATIBLE 13 miles for each hour of charging
- LEVEL 2 COMPATIBLE same rate as level 1
- DC FAST CHARGE (DCFC) 0-80% in 40 minutes. 0-100% in 60 minutes.*
- RANGE, CITY 146 miles**
- RANGE, COMBINED STOP-AND-GO 95 miles
- VIVID BLACK $29,799
- COLOR $30,149
- ABS OPTION Standard Cornering ABS
- REFLEX™ DEFENSIVE RIDER SYSTEM (RDRS)Standard
- SECURITY SYSTEM OPTION Standard
- CRUISE CONTROL OPTION Standard
- PREMIUM RADIO OPTION Standard
- FREIGHT $390
- LENGTH 1 in.
- SEAT HEIGHT, LADEN730 in.
- GROUND CLEARANCE 1 in.
- RAKE (STEERING HEAD) 5
- TRAIL 3 in.
- WHEELBASE 7 in.
- TYRE, TYPE H-D®/Michelin®Scorcher® “Sport”
- TIRES, FRONT SPECIFICATION 120/70 ZR17 58W
- TIRES, REAR SPECIFICATION 180/55 ZR17 73W
- WEIGHT, IN RUNNING ORDER 549 lb.
- ELECTRIC MOTOR TORQUE 86 ft-lb (116 Nm)
- HORSEPOWER 105 HP (78 kW)
- LEAN ANGLE, RIGHT (DEG.) 45
- LEAN ANGLE, LEFT (DEG.) 45
- FRONT FORK SHOWA®SFF-BP® (Separate Function front Fork-Big Piston)
- REAR SHOCKS SHOWA®BFRC™ (Balanced Free Rear Cushion-lite) mono-shock rear suspension
- WHEELS, FRONT TYPE Black, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- WHEELS, REAR TYPE Black, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- BRAKES, TYPE Brembo®Monoblock Front Brakes
- BRAKES, CALIPER TYPE Dual 4-piston monoblock radial mount front, dual-piston rear
- LIGHTS (AS PER COUNTRY REGULATION), INDICATOR LAMPS8High beam, turn signals, ABS, traction control, EV fault
- GAUGES 3” WQVGA 480×272 TFT Color Display with Ambient Light Sensor, 9 warning lights, Real Time Clock and Integrated Bluetooth Connectivity to a Smartphone to provide infotainment features including turn-by-turn navigation, telephone, music, and voice recognition.
- SCREEN SIZE 3 in Touchscreen
- TYPE WQVGA TFT Color Display
- H-D™ CONNECT SERVICE Supported
- HANDS-FREE MOBILE PHONE – VIA BLUETOOTH Standard
- VOICE RECOGNITION LANGUAGES: PHONE FUNCTIONS ONLY Via paired iOS or Android device
- VOICE RECOGNITION LANGUAGES: TUNER/MEDIA/NAVIGATION Via paired iOS or Android device
- USB USB Type-C
- BLUETOOTH & LTE CONNECTIVITY Phone/media supported
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).