THE 1ST CHOICE.
2020 Yamaha PW50:
Features like adjustable throttle and fully automatic transmission ensure your child’s first riding experience will be all smiles.
One of the industry’s best-selling mini-bikes, the affordable PW50 is a fantastic entry-level youth bike that’s helped young riders learn the ropes of motorcycling for decades.
When it comes to kids’ mini-bikes, Yamaha is the clear leader. With the PW50’s rider-friendly design it’s easy to see why this 50cc 2-stroke is a firm favourite with kids and parents. Safety features include an adjustable throttle which allows parents to limit top speed to suit the rider’s skill level – and the enclosed shaft drive reduces maintenance chores. And there’s no gear shifting to worry about, its zippy 50cc 2-stroke engine drives through a fully-automatic gearbox for simple ‘twist-and-go’ performance.
Off-road adventures begin here.
At just 39 kg, this lightweight and compact mini-bike is the ideal way for your child to have hours of fun while developing their riding skills.
Air-cooled, 49 cc, reed-valve, 2-stroke single is mildly tuned to deliver predictable power that gently eases the new rider up the off-road learning curve.
A class-lowest 485 mm (19.1″) seat height creates a handling-enhancing low centre of gravity and allows most riders to put both feet on the ground for added confidence.
2020 Yamaha PW50 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
- Separate 2-stroke oil tank for ease of use
- 50cc 2-stroke engine with fully-automatic gearbox
- Reliable shaft drive for reduced maintenance
- Simple throttle limiter assures parental control
- Lightweight handling and compact dimensions
- Yamaha design, quality and reliability
2020 Yamaha PW50 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
- Air-cooled, 49 cc, reed-valve, 2-stroke single is mildly tuned to deliver predictable power that gently eases the new rider up the off-road learning curve.
- Mikuni VM12SC carb
- easy access handlebar / dash mounted choke lever
- good fuel economy
- crisp throttle response
- Reed-valve intake system.
- smooths power delivery
- widens the power band
- Single-speed fully automatic transmission.
- twist the throttle and go!
- allows young riders to concentrate on the basics of riding without worrying about clutching and shifting
- Shaft drive system.
- virtually maintenance-free
- comes fully enclosed for added protection & durability
- no chain to worry about adjusting or lubricating
- Exclusive Autolube Oil Injection System.
- eliminates the hassle of fuel/oil premixing
- system precisely meters the exact amount of oil required by the engine
- Easy-access, washable foam air filter reduces tune-up costs.
- Maintenance-free capacitor discharge ignition (CDI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing/mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpm
- Lightweight exhaust system with heat shields.
- quiet design
- exhaust pipe has been routed away the from the rider to avoid accidental contact burns
- “cleanable” screen-type spark arrestor
- heat shields protect young riders from hot components
- Rugged steel backbone-type frame
- Class-lowest 485 mm (19.1″) seat height
- creates a handling-enhancing low centre of gravity
- allows most riders to put both feet on the ground for added confidence
- 22 mm telescopic front fork with 60 mm (2.4″) of travel smooths out the bumps.
- Dual rear shock suspension with 50 mm (2″) of wheel travel
- Front and rear drum brakes
- provide strong stopping power
- hand-operated brake levers are similar to those used on bicycles for familiarity
- Durable, mag-style wheels
- no need to tighten or replace damaged spokes
- easy to clean too!
- Knobby tires
- provide good traction in the dirt
- Specially-designed, one-piece rear fender, side panels and seat.
- easily removed for cleaning or maintenance
- Rugged plastic body components.
- resist damage in the event of a tip-over
- YZ inspired front and side number plates for that big bike look
- Team Yamaha-inspired colour and graphics
- Heat shields on engine and exhaust protect young riders from hot components.
- Adjustable speed limiter screw on throttle housing restricts acceleration and top speed.
- Removable exhaust pipe restrictor allows parents to increase top speed as skills improve.
- Start/Run switch prevents unit from moving while in the start position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Adult supervision and proper protective riding gear, including a helmet, are a must when a youngster is operating a PW50.
2020 Yamaha PW50 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $1,499 – Team Yamaha Blue
Canada MSRP Price: $1,799 CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £See dealer for pricing in GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
Australia MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in AU
Engine Type 49cc air-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve induction
Bore x Stroke 40.0mm x 39.2mm
Compression Ratio 6.0:1
Fuel Delivery VM12 carburetor
Transmission Wet centrifugal automatic
Final Drive Shaft
Suspension / Front 26mm telescopic fork; 2.4-in travel
Suspension / Rear Unit swingarm; 2.0-in travel
Brakes / Front Drum
Brakes / Rear Drum
Tires / Front 2.50-10-4PR
Tires / Rear 2.50-10-4PR
L x W x H 49.0 in x 24.0 in x 27.8 in
Seat Height 18.7 in
Wheelbase 33.7 in
Rake (Caster Angle) 25.5°
Trail 2.0 in
Fuel Capacity** 0.5 gal
Wet Weight*** 90 lb
Warranty 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color Team Yamaha Blue
*** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as
applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is
useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
2020 Yamaha PW50 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canada Specifications/Technical Details
|2-stroke, air-cooled, reed-valve, single|
|Bore and Stroke|
|40 x 39.2mm|
|0.36kg-m (2.6 ft-lb)@ 4,500 rpm|
|Ignition / Starting|
|CDI / Kick|
|Single-speed automatic (no clutch)|
|26 mm fork / 60mm (2.4″) wheel travel|
|Unit swingarm / 50 mm (2″) wheel travel|
|1,245 mm (49″)|
|610 mm (24″)|
|705 mm (27.8″)|
|855 mm (33.7″)|
|95 mm (3.7″)|
|475 mm (18.7″)|
|2 litres (0.4 imp. gallons)|
|41 kg (90 lb)|
2020 Yamaha PW50 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
- Engine type
- air-cooled, 2-stroke, Forward-inclined single cylinder, reed valve
- Bore x stroke
- 40.0 mm x 39.2 mm
- Compression ratio
- 6.0 : 1
- Maximum power
- Maximum torque
- Lubrication system
- Yamaha Autolube
- Clutch type
- Wet, centrifugal automatic
- Ignition system
- Starter system
- Final transmission
- Fuel system
- Mikuni VM12/1
- Steel tube backbone
- Front travel
- 60 mm
- Caster angle
- Front suspension system
- Telescopic forks
- Rear suspension system
- Unit Swing
- Rear travel
- 50 mm
- Front brake
- Drum mm
- Rear brake
- Drum mm
- Front tyre
- 2.50-10 4PR
- Rear tyre
- 2.50-10 4PR
- Overall length
- 1,245 mm
- Overall width
- 575 mm
- Overall height
- 715 mm
- Seat height
- 485 mm
- Wheel base
- 855 mm
- Minimum ground clearance
- 105 mm
- Wet weight (including full oil and fuel tank)
- 39 kg
- Fuel tank capacity
- Oil tank capacity
2020 Yamaha PW50 – Totalmotorcycle.com Australian Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).