2021 Kawasaki KLX230 : GET OUT AND PLAY.
Introducing the 2021 Kawasaki KLX230.
The KLX230 dual-purpose motorcycle is built to take riders to new places. Taking cues from the KX line and Kawasaki’s racing heritage, this street legal, dual-purpose motorcycle has been designed to enable riders to get out of town and enjoy the trails with confidence. A smooth and reliable powerful, 233cc fuel-injected, air-cooled engine has been paired with an easy-to-use smooth-shifting six-speed transmission and manual clutch, and a compact steel perimeter frame, which were all designed with trail riding in mind. Full-size wheels, long-travel suspension, and ample ground clearance contribute to the off-road capability of the KLX230 motorcycle. Front and rear disc brakes supported by Kawasaki’s first dual-purpose ABS provide sure stopping power when riding on trails as well as on-road.
GET OUT AND PLAY
A fan favorite, the Kawasaki KLX family of off-road motorcycles are widely popular for their low maintenance, easy-to-ride character, and incredible capabilities while out on the trails. Completing the rest of the 2021 KLX family line up are five additional models, which consist of four engine configurations and are built to suit a variety of riders.
The KLX300R off-road motorcycle bridges the gap between a weekend play bike and a full race bike. As the flagship of the KLX lineup, the KLX300R combines the best of both engine and chassis performance to create the ultimate lightweight, fun off-road machine. The powerful 292cc fuel-injected, liquid-cooled four-stroke engine features an electric starter and keyless ignition. It has a user-friendly smooth-shifting six-speed transmission and manual clutch.
The KLX300R comes equipped with full-size off-road wheels and tires, using a 21” front and 18” rear, and long travel suspension for optimal ground clearance.
2021 Kawasaki KLX230 Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features
FUEL-INJECTED, AIR-COOLED, FOUR-STROKE ENGINE
- STEEL PERIMETER FRAME
- LONG TRAVEL SUSPENSION
- FULL-SIZE WHEELS
- ELECTRIC START
- KX™-INSPIRED ERGONOMICS
2021 Kawasaki KLX230 Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits
Long-stroke engine provides ample low-mid range torque for easy low-speed control and a strong pull at smaller throttle openings.
- Simple air-cooled. SOHC design helps ease maintenance.
- Digital Fuel Injection (DFI)(KP) helps deliver smooth, precise throttle response for increased engine control on the trail. Fuel injection also provides stable fuel delivery by automatically adjusting for air temperature and changes in altitude, which contributes to cleaner emissions.
- DFI provides consistent starting whether the engine is hot or cold, and combined with the electric starter button makes firing up the engine easy.
- Tuned exhaust contributes to the engine’s easy-to-use performance, and the tapered muffler with oval cross section helps provide a strong off-road image.
- Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission combined with short final gearing complements the engine’s low-mid range power focus to make navigating tight trails easier.
- All-new high-tensile steel perimeter frame was specifically designed to enhance trail performance for increased rider confidence.
- The frame and engine were designed together. Engine height was minimized to help create an optimal frame line for an ideal rigidity balance and precisely positioned center of gravity.
- The frame was also designed so riders can easily grip it with their legs for increased rider control and feedback. Flush seams between the shrouds, seat and side covers, combined with a relatively flat seat design, also aids rider control and help provide freedom of movement.
- Short wheelbase contributes easy maneuverability on the trail.
- Long-travel suspension contributes to ample ground clearance for increased trail riding performance.
- New Uni-Trak®(KP) rear suspension system provides a supple ride over small bumps without sacrificing stiffness to absorb bigger bumps.
- Gas-pressurized single rear shock is adjustable for preload to help riders set the bike up for their weight.
- Petal disc brakes provide sure stopping power.
- Full-size aluminum wheels, 21-inch front and 18-inch rear, increase trail-riding performance.
- Kawasaki KX™ styling influences provide an agile, aggressive image.
- All-digital instrument panel has a large-display, easy-to-read LCD screen featuring speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel gauge, clock and indicator lamps.
- Large, bright headlight with a 55/60W halogen element offers excellent illumination.
2021 Kawasaki KLX230 – Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: NON-ABS: $4,599 / MSRP ABS: $4,899 USD
Canada MSRP Price: Starting at $5,299 MSRP CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £ GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)
4-stroke, 1-cylinder, SOHC, air-cooled
Bore x Stroke
67.0 x 66.0mm
DFI w/32mm Throttle Body
TCBI Electronic Advance
Six-speed with wet multi-disc manual clutch
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel
37mm telescopic fork/8.8 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel
Uni-Trak® linkage system and single shock with preload adjustability/8.8 in
2.75 x 21
4.10 x 18
Single 265mm petal disc with a dual-piston caliper
Single 220mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
High-tensile steel perimeter
293.3 lb. / 297.7 lb. CA model**
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional)
12, 24, or 36 months
**Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied). When equipped, California evaporative emissions equipment adds approximately 2.2 lb.
KAWASAKI CARES: Read Owner’s Manual and all on-product warnings. Always wear a helmet, eye protection and proper apparel. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Adhere to the maintenance schedule in your Owner’s Manual. ©2019 Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
Specifications subject to change.
2021 Kawasaki KLX230 – Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
|Bore and stroke||67 x 66 mm|
|Valve system||SOHC, 2 valves|
|Fuel system||Fuel injection (32 x 1)|
|Ignition||B&C (TCBI EL. ADV. D.)|
|Lubrication||Forced lubrication (wet sump)|
|Front: type||Single 240 mm petal disc|
|Front: calipers||Dual-piston caliper|
|Rear: type||Single 223 mm petal disc|
|Rear: calipers||Single-piston caliper|
|Overall length||2,105 mm|
|Overall width||835 mm|
|Overall height||1,165 mm|
|Ground clearance||265 mm|
|Seat height||885 mm|
|Curb mass**||132 kg (291 lbs.)|
|Fuel capacity||7.5 litres (1.6 gal.)|
|Primary reduction ratio||2.871 (89/31)|
|Gear ratio: 1st||3.000 (39/13)|
|Gear ratio: 2nd||2.067 (31/15)|
|Gear ratio: 3rd||1.556 (28/18)|
|Gear ratio: 4th||1.261 (29/23)|
|Gear ratio: 5th||1.040 (26/25)|
|Gear ratio: 6th||0.852 (23/27)|
|Final reduction ratio||3.214 (45/14)|
|Clutch||Wet multi-disc, manual|
|Type||Perimeter, high-tensile steel|
|Wheel travel: front||220 mm|
|Tire: front||2.75-21 45P|
|Wheel travel: rear||223 mm|
|Tire: rear||4.10-18 59P|
|Suspension, front||37 mm telescopic fork|
|Suspension, rear||New Uni Trak with adjustable preload|
|Warranty||6 months warranty|
2021 Kawasaki KLX230 – Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Manufacturer Specifications and appearance are subject to change without prior notice on Total Motorcycle (TMW).